Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'm 6' 4", 36" inseam.

Here's a pic with the saddle at ride height (still tweaking it, it might need to be a tad higher):
View attachment 139889
Quick faux-bro build score breakdown (starting with 10 as a base score):

* No 75 tooth big cog: -1 point
* No piggy back coil shock and/or PUSH 11-6: -1 point (would be another point deduction if it was an air shock tho)
* No flat pedals...because medals: -1 point
* Dentite Titantium cranks (made in China btw): +1 point
* No Enve wheels (which as a big man, you definitely want): -1 point
* No wireless drivetrain: -1 point
* Helm may or may not be a coil: +1 point if coil, -1 point if air
* No Trick Stuff brakes (you're going to die...soon): -1 point

Final Faux Bro score of 3 (or 4) :disgust1:

Pretty disappointing TBH, but at least there's a lot of room for improvement.

Seriously, thats a grand party chariot, and I really am jelly of your cranks. Btw, how are you liking the Inline coil? I had one on my Mk1 Megatrail and while it was certainly sensitive, it didn't quite have enough "support" for my tastes and ended up back with an air shock. I have a new TP with a Fox DPX2 and its been lovely, but certainly curious how the new models get along with a coil shock like the inline (although I suspect a certain engineer who hardly ever rides anymore thought about that when designing his bikes).

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Quick faux-bro build score breakdown (starting with 10 as a base score)
Final Faux Bro score of 8 (or 9) :banana:

Pretty awesome TBH, there is a miniscule amount of room for improvement.

Seriously, thats a grand party chariot, and I really am jelly of your cranks. Btw, how are you liking the Inline coil? I had one on my Mk1 Megatrail and while it was certainly sensitive, it didn't quite have enough "support" for my tastes and ended up back with an air shock. I have a new TP with a Fox DPX2 and its been lovely, but certainly curious how the new models get along with a coil shock like the inline (although I suspect a certain engineer who hardly ever rides anymore thought about that when designing his bikes).
Haha thanks, I think. Liking the inline on the initial ride, more pop than I expected, but honestly haven't had nearly enough seat time to test. I did bottom it on huck to flat which was pretty noticeable, but I haven't really turned any knobs on it yet, so I'll just chalk it up to that. I got a great deal on it, so I figured I'd give it a go. I have a super deluxe air for the smash rear end to play with.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
So new 2020 downtime guard, is that thing going to be available by itself? That looks like it may solve one of my only complaints about the bike
Yes, they are available as an upgrade to a 2019 bike. Everything on hand at the moment is allocated to frame production, but more will be available soon for upgrades.
I'm pretty stoked on the molded protectors, we designed in hollow areas and went with a material that absorbs a lot, and put the thickest areas of the protectors where the chain hits the chainstay the hardest. And, almost every other molded protector I've seen stops too far from the chainring, where there's a section of chainstay next to the chainring that gets pounded. We covered that with the molded parts.

Edit: I forgot the other small detail of stoke for me, all build kits now use much nicer grips. The old standard grips weren't the greatest, but now they all come with ODI Elite Pros.

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Quick faux-bro build score breakdown (starting with 10 as a base score):

* No 75 tooth big cog: -1 point
* No piggy back coil shock and/or PUSH 11-6: -1 point (would be another point deduction if it was an air shock tho)
* No flat pedals...because medals: -1 point
* Dentite Titantium cranks (made in China btw): +1 point
* No Enve wheels (which as a big man, you definitely want): -1 point
* No wireless drivetrain: -1 point
* Helm may or may not be a coil: +1 point if coil, -1 point if air
* No Trick Stuff brakes (you're going to die...soon): -1 point

Final Faux Bro score of 3 (or 4) :disgust1:

Pretty disappointing TBH, but at least there's a lot of room for improvement.

The Revved bikes are all coil compatible, and recommendable!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I said bold new graphics was the update, which it's more precisely bold new molded protectors, new decal color, updated build kits, and shortened lead times.
y u no 666 reach? :busted:

i find it real funny that a bunch of comments on PB complaining about the "graphics" and "punk styling". compared to everything else out that that looks like a jackson pollock the GG graphics are rather subdued.

also, you should do a Sleep or Neurosis themed bike.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Just ordered my S4 Smash. Early March. Now buy parts.
deciding on fork and rear shock.
I want the ee wings but will decide closer to build time.
waiting on the new i9 carbon wheels

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Rid Egg has become the bling, DDS mfg?

I did NOT see that coming.
You're looking at it from the wrong angle. You can get a bike with similar components as a dentist bike, but at dental assistant pricing.
Also, when folks want to source a bike with high made-in-North America content, they can sometimes get higher end builds. For example, it's common to see a Push 11-6 with an MRP Ribbon, I9 wheels, I9 stem.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You're looking at it from the wrong angle. You can get a bike with similar components as a dentist bike, but at dental assistant pricing.
Also, when folks want to source a bike with high made-in-North America content, they can sometimes get higher end builds. For example, it's common to see a Push 11-6 with an MRP Ribbon, I9 wheels, I9 stem.
We Are One is also North American. With I9 hubs even.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Just ball busting. Im just glad you guys don't have to sweat those Lear jet payments anymore.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I will do i9 wheels. Waiting on their new carbon 29er and stem. Still undecided of shock and fork.
waiting to see the MRP Jackson and maybe a ribbon.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Air or coil on the Helm? If coil what spring in fork. I am afraid at 250 it will be too soft. What spring weight on the rear shock. We weigh about the same.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Air or coil on the Helm? If coil what spring in fork. I am afraid at 250 it will be too soft. What spring weight on the rear shock. We weigh about the same.
Air on the Helm (buddy at CC recommended the air over the coil). Worth noting you can adjust the travel on the Helm air using the negative air spring knob, should come in handy when switching between the pistol and smash. 650lb spring on the rear, that's what both CC and GG recommend for 250lb primates.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Gotcha. I am probably doing a full CC setup like yours also but probably going with an air rear shock. Not positive yet. Have some time to decide on my build
Just wish someone made a 28T chainring for the ee wings that works for 12 speed Shimano.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I can't speak to all things at CC, but the suspension is built in house in NC. I know the dude that oversees it and personally builds a bunch of it (fantastic guy).