Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was about to hit the send button on a Pedalhead and thought I would peruse the manual and I noticed the 3mm rear wheel offset requirement. Am I correct it would need a wheel dished 3mm from the standard boost setup?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Yeah, but it takes a couple minutes if you do it yourself. Or if you get the wheels from us, it’ll come ready to go.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, but it takes a couple minutes if you do it yourself. Or if you get the wheels from us, it’ll come ready to go.

A few minutes if you have a nice new wheel you want to permanently re-dish. A royal pain if you have multiple wheelsets you want to share between multiple bikes.

Y'all should give this a cool trademarked name, I suggest Lizard Dish

Or since it only affects the rear end, how about Gorilla Butt?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
If you’re going to switch wheels from bike to bike, dish it 1.5mm and it should be fine in both.
Or buy a frame that doesn't need this BS. If 1.5 mm offset does not matter, then why design a frame with 3? Can hardly make a world of difference.

Wuffles

Monkey
Feb 24, 2016
Rode my smash for a solid three months before noticing the rear tire looked misaligned, then found out about the dish thing.

So either I am a total kludge who doesn't care about bike setup (true), or in terms of feel it doesn't matter (also true).