Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I rode a Mondraker Super Foxy yesterday and didn't realize it was a 29er. Granted, it was one frame size too small for me but nonetheless. The Megatower i rode a week before was a battle to get around mid speed turns.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
just curious - for the size 4 monkeys, how tall are you/what's yourr wingspan/inseam? If you go to the rid egg website and put in your stats, is it giving you a size 4 or a size 3? I'm 6'1" with a relatively long torso (32" inseam) and I tend to like a roomier bike . . . but the calculator gives me a 3 until i bump my height up to 6'3" . . .

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
just curious - for the size 4 monkeys, how tall are you/what's yourr wingspan/inseam? If you go to the rid egg website and put in your stats, is it giving you a size 4 or a size 3? I'm 6'1" with a relatively long torso (32" inseam) and I tend to like a roomier bike . . . but the calculator gives me a 3 until i bump my height up to 6'3" . . .
How did you feel on the size medium 1st gen Megatrail you rode? The size 3 includes that cockpit feel, plus a little longer (GeoAdjust long).

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Hey Jon,
I'm pretty close to you and on a trail pistol size 3 long. 6'2 (maybe a fraction less) 32 inch inseam, long torso but a zero or -1 ape index so not very long arms. I have had 3 prior GG frames that were size large with a 35mm stem and I think the new size 3 long with a 50mm stem is about the same. I am very happy with my size 3 long TP which I use for all kinds of our local riding. I am fine to pedal it for long distances (ie not cramped at all) and think it's awesome for jumping and riding as a play bike. If I were going to be riding exclusively in Pisgah or doing a ton of true big mountain high speed stuff, I'd probably think about a size 4 but I think there would be trade offs in terms of playfulness/ease of getting around corners. When I did the size advisor it switched between size 3 and 4 depending on whether I selected all around or super gnar riding style--I think the GG sizing advisor is pretty good.

Last edited:

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Pre-women's clothing size labeled bikes, but I gots an XL aluminum Smash. 6'6", 36" inseam. No idea on my wingspan, approximately "fucking long."

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Hi All,

I am working on a Geo. calculator for GG's bikes (Revv'ed platform + Pedalhead) and its getting close to being ready for prime time ( I sent it over to GG for Matt to look over my math if/when he gets a chance but it should be fairly accurate). The workbook allows one to play with all of the options built into the Revved platform (Frame Config, GeoAdjust Short/Long and Short/Tall and Trail/Gravity for the Megatrail/Shred Dogg. The workbook''s "Advanced" section accounts for actual fork AtoC (for selected model and travel) when solving for the geometry, while "The Basics" show the selected models geometry when configured with the recommended lower GeoAjust cup and fork travel.

As a secondary function, the workbook is also a detailed bike weight calculator with a decent selection of components already built into the drop down lists (and easily changed by user without much excel knowledge).

Conditional formatting is used to grey out cells that aren't applicable (note the images below) and I highlight cells when the "standard" configuration is not employed (e.g. you have the Tall GeoAdjust Cup in a Smash or Trail Pistol). The workbook does currently require one to "Enable Macros" when opening if you want the "Hide/Show Advanced" and "Hide/Show Component" toggles to work.

In use, the worksheet can help one to see how the various settings/configurations will affect not only geometry (BB height, STA, HTA etc.) but also the Fit; for instance, in the attached images I have used the calculator to maintain handlebar Stack and Reach between my existing S3 Pedalhead and my new S4 Smash (with Smash in Short setting, +10mm from Pedalhead when in long).

GGVBB 3000 2.jpg
GGVBB 3000.jpg

If anyone is interested in playing around with a BETA version (i.e. not yet checked for accuracy by GG's resident Enginerd) of the workbook let me know and ill send it your way. I am very open to feedback and am looking to make the calculator as easy/intuitive to use as possible. I would love for few monkey's to put it through the ringer for me and let me know what they like and what they don't.

Regards,

Shawn

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Hi All,

I am working on a Geo. calculator for GG's bikes (Revv'ed platform + Pedalhead) and its getting close to being ready for prime time ( I sent it over to GG for Matt to look over my math if/when he gets a chance but it should be fairly accurate). The workbook allows one to play with all of the options built into the Revved platform (Frame Config, GeoAdjust Short/Long and Short/Tall and Trail/Gravity for the Megatrail/Shred Dogg. The workbook''s "Advanced" section accounts for actual fork AtoC (for selected model and travel) when solving for the geometry, while "The Basics" show the selected models geometry when configured with the recommended lower GeoAjust cup and fork travel.

As a secondary function, the workbook is also a detailed bike weight calculator with a decent selection of components already built into the drop down lists (and easily changed by user without much excel knowledge).

Conditional formatting is used to grey out cells that aren't applicable (note the images below) and I highlight cells when the "standard" configuration is not employed (e.g. you have the Tall GeoAdjust Cup in a Smash or Trail Pistol). The workbook does currently require one to "Enable Macros" when opening if you want the "Hide/Show Advanced" and "Hide/Show Component" toggles to work.

In use, the worksheet can help one to see how the various settings/configurations will affect not only geometry (BB height, STA, HTA etc.) but also the Fit; for instance, in the attached images I have used the calculator to maintain handlebar Stack and Reach between my existing S3 Pedalhead and my new S4 Smash (with Smash in Short setting, +10mm from Pedalhead when in long).

View attachment 141356View attachment 141357

If anyone is interested in playing around with a BETA version (i.e. not yet checked for accuracy by GG's resident Enginerd) of the workbook let me know and ill send it your way. I am very open to feedback and am looking to make the calculator as easy/intuitive to use as possible. I would love for few monkey's to put it through the ringer for me and let me know what they like and what they don't.

Regards,

Shawn
Ok, that's fucking awesome. I just hope you have the A2C for a Zoch Super Monster.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Shawn, I saw that spreadsheet you made, it’s impressive. I haven’t fully double checked it with CAD, but overall it’s similar in idea to how I have the geo sketches constructed that drive the bike CAD models.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
I was able to start the build last night and I’m digging the look of the silver decals/hubs and 11-6! The image below is with the Helm still set to 150mm, I’ll be moving up to 160 before my first ride.

Thanks for the complements on the excel calculator! It started as just a personal project but as it grew out of control I figured others may have fun with it. If you are interested in playing around with the calculator let me know your email and I’ll send it to you.

ECD97F5A-0120-4334-94CE-7158737A884F.jpeg

lobsterCT

Monkey
Jun 23, 2015
When I ordered my size 4 smash, Bobby at GG warned me, a water bottle might not fit with the push shock. I could have changed the push shock around to the low profile version when they serviced it and converted from 230 by 65 to 230 by 60. But, that would have been about an extra $250 so I passed on low profile conversion. It turned out, it is a problem to mount a water bottle, but I was able to sort it out with a small part from Wolf Tooth Components called the B-rad 2 slot. Only $20 and now I can fit the large GG water bottle. Other pic is cages that don't fit w/out B-rad.
gg2.jpg
gg3.jpg
gg1.jpg

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Any ride reports from new revv'd owners?
Looking for smash info specifically.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
When I ordered my size 4 smash, Bobby at GG warned me, a water bottle might not fit with the push shock. I could have changed the push shock around to the low profile version when they serviced it and converted from 230 by 65 to 230 by 60. But, that would have been about an extra $250 so I passed on low profile conversion. It turned out, it is a problem to mount a water bottle, but I was able to sort it out with a small part from Wolf Tooth Components called the B-rad 2 slot. Only $20 and now I can fit the large GG water bottle. Other pic is cages that don't fit w/out B-rad.View attachment 141389View attachment 141390View attachment 141391
I literally went through the exact same process and had a hard time deciding! $250 bucks to possibly fit a larger bottle in the frame was a tough pill to swallow and like you I ended up keeping the OG body; happy to hear that we have options.