Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
pedalheads are sold out? discontinued or pending an update? revved pedalhead?

edit: or just all resources allocated to revved production?

Last edited:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
edit: or just all resources allocated to revved production?
All welding resources maxed on keeping up with rear triangle demand, trying to get more ahead of demand overall (JIT vs built To order), and the Factory is moving this fall/winter as well.

Soooo... a lot going on, and can only do so many things at once!

Last edited:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Any chance of an angleset version of the headset cups next year?
Yo man. Good question and similar to above, but with added extra complexity of SKU count vs volume for each style, and engineering time to create them... plus the CNC machine available time is a bigger constraint than welding. Just FWIW since you asked!

Edit: long story short - want them, and they are a little further down the list that the Pedalhead!

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
So,thread drift, have you gone up Brown’s, and down Little Browns? I imagine there is still a ton of hike-a-bike, but maybe not on a Texas Chariot Highway?
I haven't tried it as the trail reports of going up normal Brown's sounded rough, and the Texas Chariot Highway means I don't need a car to ride the loop.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Also, @Katz the jump on wheelie is super impressive! I assume that is Greg, the customer, right?
No sir, that is yours truly - one of those typical bums hanging out at bike shops. You can tell the bike's quite a bit taller than my 5'10" frame. At 6'6", Greg stands almost as long as the bike. Edwin always takes freshly-built bikes out for a quick spin to make sure everything is tight and adjusted correctly, and I just happened to be around and he let me ride it a bit.

I have to say, the rear suspension has excellent support despite coil. Hard to do that on a wallowy bike.

Wait, are those gold frame decals?
Just standard silver decals, seen through my apparently rose-colored phone camera lens. I'm a bit jealous, though I'd prefer a Shred Dogg for myself.

....Addendum
...Fuggin sick rock stuka btw.
Sorry, totally missed this comment. The bike shop is in old downtown Kingman, AZ. The town sat basically dormant for a few decades after I-40 (complete with In-N-Out franchise) replaced Rt 66, so there's still a bunch of old buildings left. Many were built like the one in the picture since there's no shortage of rocks around here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historic_properties_in_Kingman,_Arizona#Buildings

123.jpg

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
No sir, that is yours truly - one of those typical bums hanging out at bike shops. You can tell the bike's quite a bit taller than my 5'10" frame. At 6'6", Greg stands almost as long as the bike. Edwin always takes freshly-built bikes out for a quick spin to make sure everything is tight and adjusted correctly, and I just happened to be around and he let me ride it a bit.

I have to say, the rear suspension has excellent support despite coil. Hard to do that on a wallowy bike.

Just standard silver decals, seen through my apparently rose-colored phone camera lens. I'm a bit jealous, though I'd prefer a Shred Dogg for myself.
Your avatar is a lie.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO

Well, color me impressed. Is Tom van Steenbergen one of your riding buddies?

Huckin in.JPG

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Well, color me impressed. Is Tom van Steenbergen one of your riding buddies?
Haha, I wish. I hope he'll recover quickly - his recent crash on that big road gap was gnarly!

I don't have any pro rider friend, but my friend Derek actually goes fishing with Kyle Strait.

Is this the new Ridemonkey Covid challenge?
Sure, why not? Actually might be fun to do RM monthly challenge type thing.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I decided to put my Gnarvana stays back on, over the Smash ones. I know conventional wisdom says that the Smash is more well rounded, and that 450mm CS is "crazy long" but I couldn't stop thinking about how more centered the bike feels with them.

Has anyone spent a significant amount of time on both the 60mm and 65mm setups? My EXT shock is 60mm. I can get it rebuilt for 65, but I'm getting quoted turn-around times of about 2-3 weeks right now, so I'm being really cautious about going for it. For example, how would running a 60mm setup with a 425# spring compare to running a 65mm setup with 400 & 425 springs? According to a spring rate calculator I'm using, using the same spring on 5mm longer stroke is like 2% less sag. And 25# less should be the same sag. Does that sound right?

Using the EXT with it's hydraulic bottom out is making the choice difficult, because the HBC is set as a certain percentage of shaft length. But I think the GG is progressive enough that I could get it converted to 65mm, and fab a 5mm plastic spacer, and just not get as much of a benefit from HBC when I run the Smash setup.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
What is the travel change, BB height bump and HA difference running that 5mm extra? I almost always ran my Megatrail in the SHORT, SLACK and LOW settings. Not sure that extra 1" of travel would make up for the higher BB..... is what I am getting at.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I decided to put my Gnarvana stays back on, over the Smash ones. I know conventional wisdom says that the Smash is more well rounded, and that 450mm CS is "crazy long" but I couldn't stop thinking about how more centered the bike feels with them.

Has anyone spent a significant amount of time on both the 60mm and 65mm setups? My EXT shock is 60mm. I can get it rebuilt for 65, but I'm getting quoted turn-around times of about 2-3 weeks right now, so I'm being really cautious about going for it. For example, how would running a 60mm setup with a 425# spring compare to running a 65mm setup with 400 & 425 springs? According to a spring rate calculator I'm using, using the same spring on 5mm longer stroke is like 2% less sag. And 25# less should be the same sag. Does that sound right?

Using the EXT with it's hydraulic bottom out is making the choice difficult, because the HBC is set as a certain percentage of shaft length. But I think the GG is progressive enough that I could get it converted to 65mm, and fab a 5mm plastic spacer, and just not get as much of a benefit from HBC when I run the Smash setup.
Increasing stroke with the same spring won't change sag at all since the eye to eye is the same. Going down #25 slackens out the bike ~ .5% at sag on my Smash. Increasing stroke from 60mm to 62.5mm hasn't been noticeable when riding, but I've kept the spring rate the same. You could just try a lower spring rate and see if you like how the bike feels then decide if you want to make the stroke change.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
What is the travel change, BB height bump and HA difference running that 5mm extra? I almost always ran my Megatrail in the SHORT, SLACK and LOW settings. Not sure that extra 1" of travel would make up for the higher BB..... is what I am getting at.
None, it's the same eye to eye. Only the stroke changes.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Because I'm running a 160 fork on both (long fork for the Smash, short for Gnarvana), my BB actually goes down on the Gnarvana and the ST and HA stay the almost exactly the same. I wouldn't have thought that I'd be able to notice 5mm lower BB but I do, and appreciate it. More travel will probably lower the dynamic BB height also, which is another reason I'm going for it.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Increasing stroke with the same spring won't change sag at all since the eye to eye is the same. Going down #25 slackens out the bike ~ .5% at sag on my Smash. Increasing stroke from 60mm to 62.5mm hasn't been noticeable when riding, but I've kept the spring rate the same. You could just try a lower spring rate and see if you like how the bike feels then decide if you want to make the stroke change.
But sag is a function of stroke, not eye to eye. So if you have the same amount of linear resistance over a different length, the sag will change. Yes, a 425# spring for the same rider weight will provide same amount of support, but that will be a different percentage of longer stroke shock than the shorter one.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
But sag is a function of stroke, not eye to eye. So if you have the same amount of linear resistance over a different length, the sag will change. Yes, a 425# spring for the same rider weight will provide same amount of support, but that will be a different percentage of longer stroke shock than the shorter one.
You change sag by changing the spring or load on the spring. Changing the available stroke doesn't affect the spring outside of how much it's able to compress at the end-stroke.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
@mtg - All GG bikes are sold out on the website and you cannot order frames. Is this a covid thing? The factory move? Is something new coming?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@mtg - All GG bikes are sold out on the website and you cannot order frames. Is this a covid thing? The factory move? Is something new coming?
My guess is either website error or they're closing the books temporarily either because it's the end of the year, or because it was showing a nearly 2 month lead time.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
There's always something new coming. :)

That is for us to fulfill all of the current orders, and then launch the 2021 builds without a large backlog of 2020 orders to still build and ship. Typically, we have been able to catch up with the order backlog at the end of the year, but this year, orders have outpaced supply almost the entire year and we have not been able to get ahead, despite nearly doubling capacity.

The factory move is a logistical challenge, but we have hired extra help, and already moved a significant portion of the factory several months ago when we were bursting at the seams in the Bryant Street facility.

We're very excited to have a new shop party, when those things can be done again. The new showroom will be a huge step up, and the Revved factory is much, much larger.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
There's always something new coming. :)

That is for us to fulfill all of the current orders, and then launch the 2021 builds without a large backlog of 2020 orders to still build and ship. Typically, we have been able to catch up with the order backlog at the end of the year, but this year, orders have outpaced supply almost the entire year and we have not been able to get ahead, despite nearly doubling capacity.

The factory move is a logistical challenge, but we have hired extra help, and already moved a significant portion of the factory several months ago when we were bursting at the seams in the Bryant Street facility.

We're very excited to have a new shop party, when those things can be done again. The new showroom will be a huge step up, and the Revved factory is much, much larger.
Neat.

I picked up my Smash frame yesterday. I've named her Poached.