Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Thanks, I'll give him a call. I know the FB page is a good resource, but I deleted that years ago.
Let me know if Dustin doesn't have anything for you... I can ask there on your behalf no problem.
Any hint what changes are in the pipeline?
The big news is that the new ones go up to 11. So they are one louder, since the current ones are 10/10. But when you are at 10 on your bike, where can you go from there? With the new ones, when you need that extra push off the cliff, what do you do? Now you can go to eleven.

Mainly that means a few mm longer chainstay, a few mm lower bb, and slightly easier to find shock hardware sizing.

edit to add: There are a number of hoops to jump through for these other models, but long story short, GG won't be selling any components that are not inbound or onhand until this supply chain stuff cools down. The rug got pulled out from us by many vendors just arbitrarily changing dates with no notice, sometimes multiple times on s single PO, and up to 6+mo additional lead times... obviously it is the rider who ultimately lost in that scenario... so anyways... more to come as they say.

Last edited:

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Let me know if Dustin doesn't have anything for you... I can ask there on your behalf no problem.

The big news is that the new ones go up to 11. So they are one louder, since the current ones are 10/10. But when you are at 10 on your bike, where can you go from there? With the new ones, when you need that extra push off the cliff, what do you do? Now you can go to eleven.

Mainly that means a few mm longer chainstay, a few mm lower bb, and slightly easier to find shock hardware sizing.
He said he had to ask if it was OK to sell them, and will call me back. He said he could also get me a replacement chainstay protector (I've got one of the ones with the wimpy adhesive that's peeling off) once those arrive. No huge rush on it, but I'd like it by late February. Those geo tweaks sound great too.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Here is my plan for my TP...
150mm fork. Cause slack is good.
120mm DPS shock (50mm stroke). For XC shoulder season
130mm Ohlins coil (55mm stroke). For Alpine mid summer
^^ Hell yeah.

Tell me about the Ohlins. I'm looking at that myself (Have Pistola with 140mm up front and DPX2 now which is awesome for our trails). Ohlins USA has a recommended shock for the TP which is the normal 210x50mm but I'd want the 210x55. Is there a specific "tune" for the TP that I would need to ask Ohlins to put into the longer stroke shock or will any 210x55 TTX22 be OK?

Thanks for any insights.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^ Hell yeah.

Tell me about the Ohlins. I'm looking at that myself (Have Pistola with 140mm up front and DPX2 now which is awesome for our trails). Ohlins USA has a recommended shock for the TP which is the normal 210x50mm but I'd want the 210x55. Is there a specific "tune" for the TP that I would need to ask Ohlins to put into the longer stroke shock or will any 210x55 TTX22 be OK?

Thanks for any insights.
i too am interested in this. entertaining shock ideas.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
^^ Hell yeah.

Thanks for any insights.
well, I ran my Gnarvana with the standard TTX tune all summer and it felt truly awesome. Worth noting that I am 200+lbs, so if you are light, the stock tune, especially on rebound, might be a touch firm. But other than that, after a lifetime riding Avalanche tuned suspension along with all the off the shelf stuff, I really really appreciate the Ohlins stuff, and will start with the stock tune at 55mm stroke again.

cant wait to give it a go on the little big bike setup.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Öhlins does have tune specifics for GG bikes, just tell them what you have, and specify 55mm stroke if you want it.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
well, I ran my Gnarvana with the standard TTX tune all summer and it felt truly awesome. Worth noting that I am 200+lbs, so if you are light, the stock tune, especially on rebound, might be a touch firm. But other than that, after a lifetime riding Avalanche tuned suspension along with all the off the shelf stuff, I really really appreciate the Ohlins stuff, and will start with the stock tune at 55mm stroke again.

cant wait to give it a go on the little big bike setup.
Bad ass. I'm also sitting pretty close to 200 pounds, moar than that with gear. This is expensive news.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I've been really, really happy with the '21 DHX2 on my Smash. It's a different beast than all the previous DHX2s I've had on other bikes - you can get really good composure while still erasing chunk. It reminds me a lot of the TTX22 I had on an Enduro EVO a few years ago. I'm just running the standard medium tune aftermarket version, and I think it's better than the Avalanche tuned Van RC I have on my Glory.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
A bit more pricy than Ohlins, but the EXT Storia works very well with both Smash and Gnarvana. At least one guy from the US rep (Suspension Syndicate) rides GG too. The EXT is one of the lighter coil options, has hydraulic bottom out, and comes with 2 lightweight springs. My only complaint with it is that travel changes (if you're the tinkering sort like me) are more involved, as the HBC needs to be reconfigured based on the stroke length. GGs pedal so well that the EXT Arma (DH version) might actually be a better option, with it's adjustable HBC and no climb switch.