Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Any update on when I can see a new Smash on my front porch?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a Shredd Dog but after some conversations I think 29" wheels is the way to go.
i know its not an ideal solution, but if after trying a 29" version you decide you don't like it, it could be converted to 27.5. granted a proper conversion would be $$$ (27.5 fork, wheels, stays kit, possibly/probably shock) but it could be done, and you could sell the 29 stuff to offset the cost.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Any update on when I can see a new Smash on my front porch?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a Shredd Dog but after some conversations, I think 29" wheels are the way to go.
Ahoy!

So far in 2021 GG has done two things:
1. commit to only sell components that are on hand or confirmed to be en route.
2. in-source all aspects of frame production so the lead times on the site are controlled entirely by GG.

So I can certainly guarantee The Smash will be back for sale this spring, but I just can't be more accurate than that at this point, as there are still a few pieces of the puzzle that are open-ended. Namely getting more alloy tubing for the seat stays. All the bikes currently for sale have stays inventoried, but may start running out toward the end of this month, unless more tubing arrives in time.

Hope it helps.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ahoy!

So far in 2021 GG has done two things:
1. commit to only sell components that are on hand or confirmed to be en route.
2. in-source all aspects of frame production so the lead times on the site are controlled entirely by GG.

So I can certainly guarantee The Smash will be back for sale this spring, but I just can't be more accurate than that at this point, as there are still a few pieces of the puzzle that are open-ended. Namely getting more alloy tubing for the seat stays. All the bikes currently for sale have stays inventoried, but may start running out toward the end of this month, unless more tubing arrives in time.

Hope it helps.
Needs Moar Toobz!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
All the bikes currently for sale have stays inventoried, but may start running out toward the end of this month, unless more tubing arrives in time.
Or you could go full trendy and either 3D print lugs and use Revved carbon toobs or CNC machine stays out of a solid block of aluminum. Either way, please post pics of the printer/new CNC here. Thanks, Ridemonkey! :monkey: :D

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
@marshalolson just curious, are you guys only doing complete bikes until the frame part sourcing gets ironed out? I'm guessing to throttle sales?

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
@marshalolson just curious, are you guys only doing complete bikes until the frame part sourcing gets ironed out? I'm guessing to throttle sales?
exactly!

There is a very limited number of frames right now AND gg has a metric ton of build kits on hand, so the business requires them to be paired for now.

The good news is there are some great monkey-friendly options in the builds, so it’s not like folks are being stuck with junk. Actually some really cool bits that would be hard to spec normally .

Being nimble is honestly super fun!

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The good news is there are some great monkey-friendly options in the builds, so it’s not like folks are being stuck with junk. Actually some really cool bits that would be hard to spec normally .
Just checked the site, saw no rootbeer color options anywhere, doesn't sound very Monkey friendly to me.

The XTR crank upgrade deal is primo though, non-carbon cranks are Monkey approved.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Shred Dog now with XTR cranks and a bunch of other cool bits and pieces available now......or wait on a Smash(which is probably more bike than I need) and probably pay more for less cool parts. Trail Pistol is just a hair less than I’m looking for. :fancy:Im also a hefty 215 which means that typical air shocks don’t provide the rebound or mid stroke I’m looking for.
i have been out of the buying new stuff game for long it’s literally driving me insane trying to figure out what to pull the trigger on.

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
A Trail Pistol with a longer stroke shock and Fox 36 is 100% what I’m looking for. I want that out of the box. I work 50 hours a week, have 3 kids, plus all of life’s other bull shiznizzle. I don’t have the time or means to goof off with buying and selling bike parts.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A Trail Pistol with a longer stroke shock and Fox 36 is 100% what I’m looking for. I want that out of the box. I work 50 hours a week, have 3 kids, plus all of life’s other bull shiznizzle. I don’t have the time or means to goof off with buying and selling bike parts.
The pistola is right between the trail pistol and the smash. Right now it's top of my list for when it's new bike time.

The pistola shock is 5mm longer stroke, same i2i.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Keen to see this. Wonder if the front triangle changed at all or just the rear setup.
Pretty sure no change to the front triangle but some geo tweeks via the stays. I also predict (with zero basis in actual knowledge) crabon and move to UDH. UDH to match the Gnarvana. Crabon because if you can't buy tubing for stays as noted above but you can get crabon magic material (goop? dust? what does the raw material look like?) then its an obvious smart move on several levels.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
What Fox valve stack assembly/tune are used for the Trail Pistol, rebound specifically? Is there also an option for a DPX2 on that bike? I see that it has moar shimz.
I'm 215lbs without gear, I always need more rebound than what most shocks can offer.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
What Fox valve stack assembly/tune are used for the Trail Pistol, rebound specifically? Is there also an option for a DPX2 on that bike? I see that it has moar shimz.
I'm 215lbs without gear, I always need more rebound than what most shocks can offer.
There is a TP tune for dpx2. I have it now having gotten it as part of a rebuild. Fox knew what it was when I asked for it. I weigh 205 loaded up and I’m happy with the rebound. Perhaps @mtg or @marshalolson can tell you the tune code tho.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
When I asked about their tune for a DPX2 on the Smash, I was told they spec a D766.
Description: 2021, FLOAT DPX2, P-S, A, 3pos, Evol LV, Guerrilla Gravity , Smash, 230, 60, 0.4 Spacer, CEC001, RLA014, Rezi L F M, Standard Logo

Not sure what that compression tune means, but it's a light rebound. And playing around with a non-Elite SB150 takeoff shock on mine that had light compression, I found that I needed to either run it in the middle compression switch setting, or a larger volume token. So it's worth getting the right tune.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
805-05-305-KIT.jpg

Thanks, I was hoping it was easier to figure out like this one above..... I'm guessing there are OEM tune options beyond the 8 rebound tunes fox shows available for the DPS 2018+ :hmm:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
DO IT!! It's an incredibly fun and versatile bike.
^What he said, regular Pistol with a bit of extra fork up front has been an incredibly fun bike. Pistola would be nice, don't think the extra travel would really hurt anything on all day XC rides, but I've definitely had a few "oh shit moments where a bit of extra travel would have been very welcome. The extra front end travel is really the key though IMHO.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Was hoping to get a trail pistol frame, but only option is full bike.

This actually isn't that bad, I should buy a complete bike.

But I don't think I can afford it.