Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I imagine H8er reading this thread, and jumping off his couch, drumsticks and cymbals flyin' everywhere, running to get on the horn with Matt Pike to make this happen
Sleep and Neurosis are stoner metal bands, not speed freak bands. he wouldn't be moving nearly that quickly.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Update #2 on the MegaSmash: holy shit, this is bike is incredible. I went to ride in Santa Cruz to see how it handled on some fast, steep chunk. Gravity mode just ate everything up, and still was high enough to pedal over the occasional root & rock on the climbing trails. At my medium sized height, I'm strongly preferring the shorter and more agile rear end for handling, and I didn't notice it hanging up at all on roots and bomb holes. With the big front wheel, 160mm fork, and a 63.8 HT angle, I just point it at whichever line choice my brain decides is least bad, and it goes right through it. Chances of my 29er rear wheel and Gnarvana stays going up for sale in a few weeks: 75%.

I have noticed that ideal spring rate for Gravity and Trail do seem to be about 25# different, which is what the EXT spring rate calculator indicates for the stroke/weight/travel/desired sag. So I've ordered a 390-430 Sprindex to try for a bit instead of a straight 400. I'm finding I prefer Gravity for a lot of conditions but am curious if being able to dial Trail a few clicks softer makes it feel better. I'm not sure if I want/need the progressive kick on the last 20% though. We'll see.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Wait, wait hold the Horn. Santa Cruz and the terms steep/chunk are about as far apart as government and efficient. Fast and Flowy is more the feeling I get. The Specialized crew like to Bob Sled.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
oh shit, these frames be stout it seems:

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Wait, wait hold the Horn. Santa Cruz and the terms steep/chunk are about as far apart as government and efficient. Fast and Flowy is more the feeling I get. The Specialized crew like to Bob Sled.
Dunno, there's some decently steep stuff down to HWY9, and with all the increased COVID traffic, every trail is full of 6" deep brake bumps. And compared to where I live, there's actual *rocks* and *roots*, so it's all relative.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
oh shit, these frames be stout it seems:

That reminded me of Greg Minnar bouncing his V10 off of a tree in practice.... with "different" results!

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
That reminded me of Greg Minnar bouncing his V10 off of a tree in practice.... with "different" results!
Wasn't even a tree, if I recall correctly. Had to think about it as well and ofc send the Barelli test sequence out to my SC riding buddies :D

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Minnaar's bike smacked a course marker, but from the video it appeared to be a wooden marker, so this is still an entirely valid scientific test. SC carbon is weaker than a small piece of wood, GG carbon is at least as strong as a big piece of wood. Science.
Based on your inputs, I calculate 347% tougher

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
i can almost guarantee that SC now has a replica of this in a test fixture in a lab now.
Joke's on them, GG just signed a lucrative deal with UCI to supply Revved Carbon course markers for the next 5 years. They figured that because they continue to refuse to build a new GGDH the next best thing would be to use Revved carbon to snap all other DH bikes in half.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Joke's on them, GG just signed a lucrative deal with UCI to supply Revved Carbon course markers for the next 5 years. They figured that because they continue to refuse to build a new GGDH the next best thing would be to use Revved carbon to snap all other DH bikes in half.
There can be only one.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 7.12.51 AM.png

Miss mine. Man, that fucker was rigid and I was decently fast back then. a 200mm dropper would have been perfect....

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Rode my OG 26" wheeled MT the other day and was reminded what a preternaturally handling bike it is. Low AF, game changing geo (in 2015), fun sized chainstays, stout frame (got ~5K miles on mine) and even room for a water bottle. As I told Subop, the OG MT was kinda like the IH Sunday for AM bikes imo. Grabbed one of the last sets of 26" chainstays as a backup, so this mother will stay in the quiver ad infinitum. Yay bikes

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rode my OG 26" wheeled MT the other day and was reminded what a preternaturally handling bike it is. Low AF, game changing geo (in 2015), fun sized chainstays, stout frame (got ~5K miles on mine) and even room for a water bottle. As I told Subop, the OG MT was kinda like the IH Sunday for AM bikes imo. Grabbed one of the last sets of 26" chainstays as a backup, so this mother will stay in the quiver ad infinitum. Yay bikes

If my kid catches the riding bug, mine will likely be his first mini dh / park bike.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Could you guys use the awesome power and strength of revved technology to make a 5.5 pound 125mm travel frame with shock?
asking for a friend who cares about such silly things.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Could you guys use the awesome power and strength of revved technology to make a 5.5 pound 125mm travel frame with shock?
asking for a friend who cares about such silly things.
I am guessing the chainstay kit for that would have to be in the negative weight range.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Definitely carbon rear, because I just got new stays a month ago, and that would be my luck. :oops: Not that I think I'll really notice that much difference if my bike went on a diet from 34# to 33#.