Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
No, Push doesn't because they moved to the spherical bearing and it takes up more space at the eyelet. It doesn't fit due to this. The previous version 11-6 fits.
I happen to have an older 116 collecting dust. Was on a GG Smash. Was just thinking I should sell that before it gets outdated lol

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
The rub is the Gnarvana is probably the GG frame that would most shine with that shock.
Ride today, saw a Smash and a Gnargravy.
Why is that the rub? The new ELEVENSIX on the Gnarvana has been extremely successful. :thumb:

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Clearly you don't understand that bike forum posters know what is better for your product than you do. We have the internet at our disposal while you industry types spend all your time conspiring ways with the deep-industry cabal to screw over the consumer as foretold by the L-Anon prophecy.

(L)Izard.
*AKA we've done our own research.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Could you please elaborate as to why making sure our product works properly and is safe for the rider stupid? People pay a lot of money for an ELEVENSIX which comes with a certain expectation that we take very seriously.

Also, we have a very close and successful relationship with GG. We don't fit the Megatrail because our new shock features a larger diameter shaft eyelet that interferes with the seat tube at full extension in one of the ride positions. @mtg and I decided it was best to not offer the shock on that particular model due to the clearance.
I didn't know that was why the Megatrail shock option disappeared, and that does seem reasonable, if unfortunate.

My response was more to do with an unwillingness to build (or rebuild) shocks for configurations that aren't OEM. For example, not adding stroke to a Sentinel v1 to take advantage of a Cascade link, or a Bronson v3 with a Cascade link that gives enough progression and clearance for a coil. It's your business so obviously you can sell whatever you want to whoever you want, but for people who like to really tweak their bike setup at their own risk, it can be a be a big turnoff knowing that option won't be there.

Anyways, the 11-6 is a great product for a lot of people who color within the lines, especially if they want something that "just works."

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
I didn't know that was why the Megatrail shock option disappeared, and that does seem reasonable, if unfortunate.

My response was more to do with an unwillingness to build (or rebuild) shocks for configurations that aren't OEM. For example, not adding stroke to a Sentinel v1 to take advantage of a Cascade link, or a Bronson v3 with a Cascade link that gives enough progression and clearance for a coil. It's your business so obviously you can sell whatever you want to whoever you want, but for people who like to really tweak their bike setup at their own risk, it can be a be a big turnoff knowing that option won't be there.

Anyways, the 11-6 is a great product for a lot of people who color within the lines, especially if they want something that "just works."
Unfortunately we're not able to sell products in most countries with the stipulation "at your own risk". Also, the relationship that we have with all of the frame manufacturers to ensure that our product doesn't void warranty is critical.

With modern air springs being so linear, most current MTB frames are already quite high rising-rate designs and more than compatible with a coil. With our progressive spring system and Hydraulic Bottom Out piston, there really isn't a need for more progression from the linkage.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Clearly you don't understand that bike forum posters know what is better for your product than you do. We have the internet at our disposal while you industry types spend all your time conspiring ways with the deep-industry cabal to screw over the consumer as foretold by the L-Anon prophecy.

(L)Izard.

like this isn't the same industry......

actually that kind of looks like something JM owns........

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I happen to have an older 116 collecting dust. Was on a GG Smash. Was just thinking I should sell that before it gets outdated lol
it's 60mm stroke though, right? I know it'd have to be all revalved and stuff, but I might hold out for at least a 65 for the least amount of changes.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
With modern air springs being so linear, most current MTB frames are already quite high rising-rate designs and more than compatible with a coil. With our progressive spring system and Hydraulic Bottom Out piston, there really isn't a need for more progression from the linkage.
On some frames you still get a wonky feeling IME where you use nearly all the travel on the coil, despite it having the ABS and shaped bumper that prevent actual bottom. I feel this on drops mostly. Nice to have more progression, even if you weren't bottoming with the less progressive setup with band-aids.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
On some frames you still get a wonky feeling IME where you use nearly all the travel on the coil, despite it having the ABS and shaped bumper that prevent actual bottom. I feel this on drops mostly. Nice to have more progression, even if you weren't bottoming with the less progressive setup with band-aids.
Have you ever ridden an 11-6? (serious question)

I'll never forgive PUSH for making a very apparent decision to exclusively serve the dental community and abandon us street folk who just want a retune (or deliberately not doing something I asked them to do on an airshock tune long ago, or not making an 11-6 for DH bikes), but riding one of those on a dw turner RFX was probably one of the most impressive shock/frame pairings I've ever experienced in my bike riding life. A typical "for an air shock" highly digressive endstroke, even going regressive, and that coil shock turned that thing into a fucking smashbuggy that still pumped transitions with pretty astounding efficiency. Knowing what that bike is designed to work with, there's zero doubt in my mind that whatever your dorps to falt are, Darren and crew know how to make a genuinely progressive coil shock after seeing that combo first hand.

But it's almost like they'd need to design it for the bike ..........

I always wanted to try one on one of the fucked up u-curve santa cruz bikes. Cuz there really ain't no fixing that.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

I'll never forgive PUSH for making a very apparent decision to exclusively serve the dental community and abandon us street folk who just want a retune (or deliberately not doing something I asked them to do on an airshock tune long ago, or not making an 11-6 for DH bikes), but riding one of those on a dw turner RFX was probably one of the most impressive shock/frame pairings I've ever experienced in my bike riding life. A typical "for an air shock" highly digressive endstroke, even going regressive, and that coil shock turned that thing into a fucking smashbuggy that still pumped transitions with pretty astounding efficiency. Knowing what that bike is designed to work with, there's zero doubt in my mind that whatever your dorps to falt are, Darren and crew know how to make a genuinely progressive coil shock after seeing that combo first hand.

I always wanted to try one on one of the fucked up u-curve santa cruz bikes. Cuz there really ain't no fixing that.
me likey. but me also have crabon barz of deth.
1632713602241.jpeg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Haven't ridden a 11-6 aggressive or hard, only tooling around, so I can't say how it would work out, plus isn't the V2 of the 11-6 the ones that incorporates the HBO? I thought V1 didn't have this for some reason? The tuned RC4 on the RFX did a lot really well and about the only thing it didn't do well was support during the drops. It didn't bottom, you just used a lot more travel than you should/other bikes. HBO though only kicks in at the very end of travel AFAIK. That's the way it works on forks, it's like last 10-15mm max, so I can't imagine it's adding support earlier in the travel if it works the same. That would have to be some progressive spring wizardry IMO to add support earlier in the travel. I had the shaped bumper, but same thing, it only really kicks in at the end. Progression and compression damping seem to do a lot more to keep a bike higher in the travel IME. The RC4 did almost everything really well though with the exception of that, which is part of the trouble I'm having with the Arma and trying to get it to do some of the same things as well, like just basic coil-suppleness holding onto off-camber stuff.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My larger point was that you don't need to explain the need for a progressive shock to darren murphy regarding specific applicability to some frame designs

not forgetting the dh market that created your business might need some reminders.......but not the basic need for an application specific damping layout

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
My larger point was that you don't need to explain the need for a progressive shock to darren murphy regarding specific applicability to some frame designs

not forgetting the dh market that created your business might need some reminders.......but not the basic need for an application specific damping layout
ooooohhhhhh. did you drop the last name for added effectzzzz?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
it's 60mm stroke though, right? I know it'd have to be all revalved and stuff, but I might hold out for at least a 65 for the least amount of changes.
Looking at my notes it should be a 230x57.5.

Push still might have parts to make it whatever you want?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
It does shine on the Gnarvana, that is the setup I ride most of the time.
was just on the site. seeing a liquid error here:
> Liquid error (sections/product.liquid line 604): Could not find asset snippets/.liquid

fwiw

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
oh cool I can lowball you on it

already heavily outdated, no one wants that thing, pretty much a paper weight

I'll trade you one shivers leg

Hmm...OK. One Shiver legs

and I'll need some ash from Lake Tahoe fire that completely sucked the sun from the sky in CO

AND a cool video making fun of Santa Cruz and their new line of bikes that you have to shuttle on a donkey. Maybe some Miami Vice music to boot.

Deal?

:D

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

and I'll need some ash from Lake Tahoe fire that completely sucked the sun from the sky in CO

AND a cool video making fun of Santa Cruz and their new line of bikes that you have to shuttle on a donkey. Maybe some Miami Vice music to boot.

Deal?

come on thing bigger. have him make a riding video dressed like he's in miami vice.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Deal?

a friend of mine is currently shoveling what used to be his house into a dump truck so that's doable

I think putting ebikes on donkeys counts as animal cruelty...

and for @jstuhlman who's memory seems to always put him at a disadvantage regarding the shit talking about bikes here, yet never stops him from going off ;)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
a friend of mine is currently shoveling what used to be his house into a dump truck so that's doable

and for @jstuhlman who's memory seems to always put him at a disadvantage regarding the shit talking about bikes here, yet never stops him from going off ;)
i have a sudden inexplicable urge to do cocaine and skid through bermz

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo

Oh man that made my day! I can't top those replies! LMFAO!

(I do feel bad for your friend and anyone who lost everything in a forest fire. So let me be clear about that. It happens here too)

Plus the vid, so good! I guess it was a horse, not donkey. Still L'ingMAO

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've never seen that vid before. That is amazing
other than that instagram account you showed me I feel like the death of the bike industry shit talking has made way for "hey company x, I will literally give you a blowjob if you help me look cool on my youtube channel"

and really.....the shit talking is more deserved now than ever

Last edited:

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Okay I hate you people you got me looking for used 11-6 shocks and apparently they exist now

either version should work on a megatrail config yes?
A Megatrail requires this version:

Push_black_white.jpg

The new version below will NOT fit the Megatrail, but will fit the other GG models:

11.6-20.jpg

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
@PUSHIND Can you briefly explain why the new design? I'm assuming it's an oil flow thing.. What's behind the change?
If you're referring to the complete shock, the new version is a ground-up redesign after 5 years of utilizing the previous generation. If you're just talking about the new mounting system you can check it out here: