Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
@PUSHIND Can you briefly explain why the new design? I'm assuming it's an oil flow thing.. What's behind the change?
I like the vintage look better

So It's the mounting eyelets that don't fit in the frame?

found an old version from a capra which is a little more progressive but neither frame has any weirdness curve-wise.....might work without a shim shuffle

Last edited:

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
So It's the mounting eyelets that don't fit in the frame?

found an old version from a capra which is a little more progressive but neither frame has any weirdness curve-wise.....might work without a shim shuffle
Correct, the new eyelet system interferes with the Megatrail seatube at full extension. Capra has a higher percentage of rising rate and would require a retune, rod bumper, and spring rate to make it work. Approximately $279 + shipping to get that converted.

We might have an option for you. If you don't have my direct email you can reach out to sales@pushindustries.com and tell them that you're trying to reach me. They'll be able to connect you.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Wait, Kidwoo gets a shock but I don't? HE DOESN'T EVEN RIDE BIKES MAN!

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah its wierd, I emailed darren and he said a new custom one that fits the megatrail is in the mail along with a 5k check to put a push logo on my youtube channel. All he said was "just dont put any framebags on that block the view of the shock"
You can't fit a framebag with a reservoir that sticks up like that, don't be ridiculous.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The price!
what about it? the old pedalhead frame retailed for around $1k IIRC. based on the build specs, I'm guesstimating the frame only price on the new version is in the ballpark of $1500. i'd assume a good portion of this is the cost of adding the modular dropout system, and some for material cost increases for the custom tubeset. i mean yea it's not a cheap hardtail frame, but that's kinda the point - it's not a cheap hardtail frame; it's a domestically produced custom tubeset hardtail. price wise it isn't out of line for the market segment TBH. for instance, chromags hardtails that are Canadian made start at ~$1700.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The prices are what they are, but anytime I see NX or SX on things that cost multiple thousands of dollars I start to cringe and sigh.

Yeah its a Sram problem because those parts are garbage.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
what about it? the old pedalhead frame retailed for around $1k IIRC. based on the build specs, I'm guesstimating the frame only price on the new version is in the ballpark of $1500. i'd assume a good portion of this is the cost of adding the modular dropout system, and some for material cost increases for the custom tubeset. i mean yea it's not a cheap hardtail frame, but that's kinda the point - it's not a cheap hardtail frame; it's a domestically produced custom tubeset hardtail. price wise it isn't out of line for the market segment TBH. for instance, chromags hardtails that are Canadian made start at ~$1700.
Agreed. The days of your $600 us-made hardtail are long gone. Like 2005 long gone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Agreed. The days of your $600 us-made hardtail are long gone. Like 2005 long gone.
To be fair, most people in this forum think it is still 2005. I would assume it is the concussions but my father still complains that gas used to be $.25 a gallon so perhaps just age related.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Yeah, but if I get a full sus carbon frame made in ColoRADo with the same build for just $1100 more, then why should I settle for the steel hardtail?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
"
anytime I see NX or SX on things that cost multiple thousands of dollars I start to cringe and sigh."
Well its true.....

Look at it from the other side. The Pedalhead is $4500cdn and depending which province you're in, you'll need to fork up 13% tax on top of that.

That's why I said it is what it is, but at the end of the day that IS a lot money for what you're getting. And yes I understand GG has no control over the costs of components that they have access to.