Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
@jonKranked im glad some got it. I figured it went with the music theme gg seems to like. coincidently a day before my post I had just watched an old x-files episode that used the vandals. Now cue x-files theme music...

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
yeah if only there were folks that could help set us straight
My guess is that facespace is full of more idiots than here and the rumors are rumors.
I think some of the rumor was because of their deep discounts on bikes. If GG bought a ton of their build parts on 90-120 day terms they probably just want to dump some inventory to cover the parts bill before finance charges get tacked on :confused:
Ultimately it is none of our business, I just think we want them to stay in business.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Interesting to note that all of the GG bikes are back up to full price on the site and haven't gotten a big discount email in a few weeks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The radio silence is kinda off putting, makes you think something is happening. Or maybe they don't care? Or even if its business as usual, why not respond and say so?

If I was the owner of one of their bikes, which there are many here, I'd certainly be interested in hearing what the actual deal is.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Yikes. Better order what spares I can :panic:

Edit -- I did have some back and forth with them this week about some shock reco's.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
I noticed they took away the section that outlined the bike owners perks. I’m planning a business trip out to Denver and I was hoping to take advantage of the free demo for owners to get some rips in after work. I hope they’re going to keep going with the bike company and the silence and weirdness is just some weird internal restructuring between the aerospace and bike division.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I noticed they took away the section that outlined the bike owners perks. I’m planning a business trip out to Denver and I was hoping to take advantage of the free demo for owners to get some rips in after work. I hope they’re going to keep going with the bike company and the silence and weirdness is just some weird internal restructuring between the aerospace and bike division.
the trail pistol kept saying "coming soon" then disappeared totally.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Well I'm sure there's more money in Aerospace than bikes. But why not do both?

And there is aerospace around here. Ball (they have Ball Arena where the Avs and Nugs play, and they don't just make cans and jars), Lockhead Martin, Sierra Navada (not just a beer), Northrop Grumman, Boeing (hopefully fixing their shitty ass planes), Beocore, Raytheon. Just to name a few. Plus the "Space Force" is set to live in Co Springs.

So yay?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I’d wager that the demands of aerospace just leave no time for MTB if that is indeed what’s going on. Don’t half ass two things when you can whole ass one, and if I were to pick between the two industries it would 100% be MTB.

Bummer if true, though unfortunately I’m not super surprised. Doesn’t seem like they got a super solid foothold, just not enough new flashy shit debuting to keep them on everyone’s radar. Their philosophy of not needing a new bike every year just doesn’t align with the industry, so they sorta fell by the wayside after the initial boom from the Revved frames.

Be nice to hear something one way or another from the head dudes in charge.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
This should be in the what's wrong with the industry thread. The first time in years someone can actually get a killer deal on a bike is due to the fact that the industry is in the shitter and everything is being fire-sale'd.
Sucks seeing companies fail and hard working people lose their jobs.