Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Figured I'd post this here for any still riding their GGs. Lance Canfield just posted on the GG FB page that they were taking requests for replacement part and that they'd be willing to manufacture some for us. Pretty cool move. I used this as justification to acquire a clean, green final edition Smash. Looking forward to building it up.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Or you can just buy my totally fine Megatrail with new bearings.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
The maxipad just fell off the groin of my The Smash™ which I assume is not common. Besides looking like it needs a vigorous cleaning, any recs on what to use to stick it back on?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I tried silicone, which just fell off pretty easily again. Shoe-goo maybe? That stuff can dry pretty hard IME.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The maxipad just fell off the groin of my The Smash™ which I assume is not common. Besides looking like it needs a vigorous cleaning, any recs on what to use to stick it back on?
Shoe goo for the stay or the downtube pads. I think I just used IPA of the non-beer variety to clean.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Figured I'd post this here for any still riding their GGs. Lance Canfield just posted on the GG FB page that they were taking requests for replacement part and that they'd be willing to manufacture some for us. Pretty cool move. I used this as justification to acquire a clean, green final edition Smash. Looking forward to building it up.
link?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I just started to make my own GG hardware, last year, as things started to fail / wear out. There is room for improvement. I make the replacements out of stainless. I went with a (3) piece design for the horst pivot. It's held up awesome & eliminated the garbage threads in the chainstay clevis. https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/this-is-whats-wrong-with-the-industry™.279473/post-4671944

1706815005859.png

Next up is the seatstay / rocker fastener. Going with a combo external hex - internal hex socket. Just need to dial in a new 5mm hex wobble broach on stainless.

1706814580174.png

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I've heard that cleaning the frame with IPA then using 3M two sided tape works quite well too.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
where'd you snag your smash? i'm kicking myself for not getting a pistol/a in that sweet green color
Just saw it for sale at PB. It was listed as a complete but the owner was fine selling the frame only. I'd been looking around for one...they are around but not a lot of the colored ones. Seems like there are more greens than the blue/red/gray that was also on the ridegg site.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just saw it for sale at PB. It was listed as a complete but the owner was fine selling the frame only. I'd been looking around for one...they are around but not a lot of the colored ones. Seems like there are more greens than the blue/red/gray that was also on the ridegg site.
if you see a green size 3 pistol for sale send it to me as fast as you possibly can.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I want to get a coil for my Trail Pistol. What do the monkeys suggest? I was thinking a DHX2? Is there a specific tune I need? I would buy used and get it tuned/rebuilt for my 215LB self.
I currently have a DVO Topaz gen1.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The typical issue with the GG bikes is they are fairly low leverage rates, needing lighter tunes, BUT the X2 is a poppet-style shock that has a lot of adjustability, at the sacrifice of some bump performance, and you being heavier kind of negates that need for a lighter tune, so that'd probably work well. That reminds me I need to change out the CCDBIL coil for my Jade for the next winter DH race this weekend.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I want to get a coil for my Trail Pistol. What do the monkeys suggest? I was thinking a DHX2? Is there a specific tune I need? I would buy used and get it tuned/rebuilt for my 215LB self.
I currently have a DVO Topaz gen1.
Not your cheapest option, but I have run a (BR)Ohlins TTX22 coil on my Gnarvana and now on my Smash V2. It has been fantastic for both applications in its off the shelf form (ie no special tune).

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Another thought would be doing a shock that has progressive coils available. The GGs weren't especially progressive, and running a progressive coil would help get a bit softer off the top while retaining a bit more bottom out support.

Or one of the newer SD Ultimate coils with HBO and a regular spring, run the rebound fast AF, light on the LSC.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I completely forgot about Ohlins. I wanted to get one when I got the bike but they were sold out. I’m going to try going that route.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How the fuck are you over 215lbs?
Found out back in January that a medication I was on has a known and common side effect of weight gain. Figured out I'd put on about 25lbs since I started it (at first I thought it was in part because I ruptured a tendon in my calf in the fall and couldn't do any exercise). I went off the medication and I'm already down 10lbs.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
And wings and weed. No white castles here either. Altho we do have an In n Out Burger now. It tastes like a burger....