Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I've got a free Popsicle for whomever creates the best sticker for my bike!
I've got bills to pay, can just pay me $0.25 instead of a popsicle?
Cash payments get free upgrade to my Comic Sans Artistic Excellence package.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Everybody around Denver: we have our third annual Mega Cookout tomorrow. Free beer, party, and we'll be open carrying Trail Pistols.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ok so what is it bro? As much as I like overly defensive diatribes from people who don't fully understand the way that suspension kinematics work, I'd rather talk about your bike.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
ok so what is it bro? As much as I like overly defensive diatribes from people who don't fully understand the way that suspension kinematics work, I'd rather talk about your bike.
Uh, you sure you're in the right thread?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Triangle: no longer RM approved.

Proper monkey terminology: structure. But, to make sure we can sell plenty of them, I'll refer to it as an innovative game changing S.T.R.U.C.T.U.R.E.

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
ermergherd give me all the specs.

We need more GG videos btw - phenomenal time to entertain us keyboard cowboys with some CO shredding on the new wwwwhip!!

Looks good, congrats on another model and hope she sells swell!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
wow, I like that a lot. Can't wait to hear details when they're ready.
The website page with photos and details should be going live Monday, I believe, with full info.

It's a 120mm travel trail bike made for folks that like the idea of the Megatrail (ie going fast) but want more inches of wheel and less inches of shock displacement.

As mentioned, this is in addition to the Megatrail, but incorporates input that riders have asked for: still fits a water bottle at the top of the front triangle that's easy to use while riding, lowered stand over height, moar sexy, and future-resistant tire clearance. Up to 29x2.6 fits, as does 27.5x3.0.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
The website page with photos and details should be going live Monday, I believe, with full info.

It's a 120mm travel trail bike made for folks that like the idea of the Megatrail (ie going fast) but want more inches of wheel and less inches of shock displacement.

As mentioned, this is in addition to the Megatrail, but incorporates input that riders have asked for: still fits a water bottle at the top of the front triangle that's easy to use while riding, lowered stand over height, moar sexy, and future-resistant tire clearance. Up to 29x2.6 fits, as does 27.5x3.0.
Ain't the Horst Link a feature worth to be also named?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

Mountain bicycles...you're doing it.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Boost and metric isn't enough for you?! Goddamn the bike industry has groomed you well. Bike looks great fellas, nice work as always, can't wait to see more details/pics of the NUTS system. :banana:
Don't get me wrong, this is one of the best looking 29ers for sure. And with GG's pedigree, I'm sure it's a great pedaler and likes to be ridden hard. It's got their usual well-thought, no BS approach. I just thought the switch from the faux bar to a horst link was worth mentioning.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
9/10 Would bang :thumb:

Hmmm...120mm I guess that's enough for our front range gnar. How big of a fork would you go on that? 150? 140?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
130 is the default fork travel spec based on ride testing, and the geo was designed around that. There's of course the option of 120 or 140 as well.

@Sandwich , rear axle is the same as the Pedälhead. 12x148, offset 3mm to the drive side. If you have a 142 rear wheel that you want to use, look into the Boostinator.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Interesting, so the rear end is offset to give better chainline on the big cogs? It's like you guys know what you're doing.

120x130 is pretty brilliant for a trail bike.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Raw is available.

The offset rear hub is to allow pushing the chainring 3mm further outboard compared to a standard Boost setup. That is what allows for the massive tire clearance. Chainring to cassette alignment is per drivetrain mfg specs.

Mike, yeah, full geo will be on the web page. It's basically the next step forward: shorter chainstays, steeper seat tube angle. Reach gets longer, but the butt to hand distance is similar to our other bikes since the STA is steeper.

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada
Raw is available.

The offset rear hub is to allow pushing the chainring 3mm further outboard compared to a standard Boost setup. That is what allows for the massive tire clearance. Chainring to cassette alignment is per drivetrain mfg specs.

Mike, yeah, full geo will be on the web page. It's basically the next step forward: shorter chainstays, steeper seat tube angle. Reach gets longer, but the butt to hand distance is similar to our other bikes since the STA is steeper.

Cool looking forward to all the details I am in the market and this is way up there on the list .