Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada
I looked at doing a 29" Megatrail last year, and it really morphs into a different model. As the wheel gets bigger, you have to raise the axle to keep the BB height where you want it, and tire to seat tube clearance drops very quickly. Next thing you know, it's a whole new design with different machined parts, different tube fabrication fixtures, different weld fixtures, etc.

You can run a 29" front end on a Megatrail, which I've done and liked, or if less travel works, the Trail Pistol with a 140 fork is pretty capable. If you're riding somewhere that you're wishing for a DH bike, it will be short on travel, but for most rides, it's pretty awesome.
I hear ya , I used to work in a shop that made tubular A-arms for cars and the customer would be like can we just shorten it up a bit , or move the balljoint .

We always said yes BUT!!!! it would require , this , this and this being changed to start . end result was ahhh just leave it the way it is LOL .

As for the Megatrail it,s on the radar again . as it,s less travel than ,my 167 and it is lighter and fits a waterbottle in the frame LOL .

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
They see me rollin', they hatin'. This pic is pretty much handing @kidwoo some ammo; fanny pack and enduro helmet, in front of the shitter.

Pic is from the Monarch Crest Enduro this past weekend. If you live nearby, enjoy fun, and didn't race, you fvcked up.

IMG_0667.JPG

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I recently saw a guy commuting in a full face with goggles. :crazy:

Probably a more appropriate application for those items than enduro.

:D
I could have used some goggles on Canyon Creek; hauling ass when it's about 40 degrees outside makes the eyes water pretty heavily.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm gonna be honest: no matter how dumb they look, I'm still into fanny packs, because not having a pack across your back getting all sweaty is fucking awesome.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Are you using one that holds a hydration bladder?
I've tried that, and with a lot of water, the fanny pack gets heavy and bouncy. With a water bottle in a usable location in the frame, I bring an extra half liter disposable water bottle in the fanny pack if needed, and for really big rides, bring a water filter as long as there are creeks.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Are you using one that holds a hydration bladder?
Nope. If I just hydrate really well before hand I don't need to drink a ton while I'm riding, especially up here in the Pacific North Wet, so one or two bottles (one on the frame, a second in the pack) will get me through a lot. I keep a couple chlorine tabs in it so I can dip into a creek if need be, but don't think I've ever actually used them

Also, a couple of my main ride spots loop back to the parking lot somewhat regularly, which makes reloading a non-event.

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada
I've tried that, and with a lot of water, the fanny pack gets heavy and bouncy. With a water bottle in a usable location in the frame, I bring an extra half liter disposable water bottle in the fanny pack if needed, and for really big rides, bring a water filter as long as there are creeks.
yeah baby !!!!!

I only use the bladder in my fannypack for the dogs when I bring them out . rest of the time water bottle and fannypack FTW!!!!

what fanny pack is that ?? I have the new Camelbak with the 1.5l bladder , I have a Alpinestar safety jacket that can fit a 1.5L bladder as well , but I don,t use it

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
yeah baby !!!!!

I only use the bladder in my fannypack for the dogs when I bring them out . rest of the time water bottle and fannypack FTW!!!!

what fanny pack is that ?? I have the new Camelbak with the 1.5l bladder , I have a Alpinestar safety jacket that can fit a 1.5L bladder as well , but I don,t use it
Mountainsmith Drift It's not perfect, but it works well for larger rides.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Or maybe name it The Woo...
Especially if it holds a gallon of water for that pull down your sweet chartreuse endurpo britches effect any time you hit a bump at 6mph.

Actually I demand it just be a gigantic duct tape dispenser so you can tape a workbench, bandsaw and drill press to your frame. You know.......for efficiency on that sweet 10k bike you bought because it used to weigh 28lbs before you bolted the kitchen sink to it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Especially if it holds a gallon of water for that pull down your sweet chartreuse endurpo britches effect any time you hit a bump at 6mph.
:rofl:

You're right though, fanny packs aren't great if you have to carry a lot. Most of the time I just have a multi tool, a pump, a tube, a couple chain links, and maybe a snack in mine. If I need to carry a bunch of shit I'll just wear a backpack.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Oh come on, you could totally just duct tape all that to your shock or your tires.
If only some bike company would invent a way to attach things to the bike that didn't require tape. They could even come up with some sort of snappy acronym for it. Maybe even sneak a genitalia joke in there while they're at it...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If only some bike company would invent a way to attach things to the bike that didn't require tape. They could even come up with some sort of snappy acronym for it. Maybe even sneak a genitalia joke in there while they're at it...

or maybe they should make a bike that's durable enough that you don't have to carry a replacement for half the components.