Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
...but being mad at a tiny volume company who had nothing to do with pushing that change, and kept a high end 26" bike in their lineup longer than anyone is goddamn lunacy
I was riding all weekend and didn't check the internet, but that ^^^. We kept the 26" Megatrail in the lineup longer than most companies kept 26" models.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I was riding all weekend and didn't check the internet, but that ^^^. We kept the 26" Megatrail in the lineup longer than most companies kept 26" models.
Well, apart from all these:

Let's keep in mind too, there are TONS of excellent 26" frames being made these days. The megatrail just isn't one of them because it's built with the right BB height to begin with.
:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
While putting stickers on other peoples' expensive toys seems a little over the top, the possibility of being screamed at by prissy, indignant "men" in ballet slippers throwing a hissy fit would seem to justify it.
maybe we could get some dentists in team replica kits to rage quit mountain bik,... dirt road riding

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You'd have to catch up to them first
not sure about where you are, but where I am there's two predominant categories:

1) dentists (29'ers) that have more money than skill and are way slow (kill list)

2) denitst nerds (29'ers) with stupid light bikes and (unreliable) components they read about on empty beer that are fast, but usually broken down trailside because of said unreliable gear (also kill list)

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
'woo, wanna get some "kill list" stickers made? then stealth ninja them onto every 29'er in sight
You midgets and all your 29" hate are awesome. I will place stickers on your bikes also. "Make Short Great Again" and as a side note one of the fastest trail guys around here is a 40 something doctor who is in the top 5 on all the non DH trails.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
JK is not a midget. If he overcame his self hate he'd probably be happy on a 29er.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You midgets and all your 29" hate are awesome. I will place stickers on your bikes also. "Make Short Great Again" and as a side note one of the fastest trail guys around here is a 40 something doctor who is in the top 5 on all the non DH trails.
i bet if you ask him about his strava times he'll never shut up. that'd be a good opportunity for sticker placement.

also non DH trails. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
JK is not a midget. If he overcame his self hate he'd probably be happy on a 29er.
i've ridden plenty of 29'ers. i absolutely see the appeal they hold for people. they just don't suit me or my preferences.

and honestly, the 29 hate is a farce just to get the 29er defenders riled up.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
not sure about where you are, but where I am there's two predominant categories:

1) dentists (29'ers) that have more money than skill and are way slow (kill list)

2) denitst nerds (29'ers) with stupid light bikes and (unreliable) components they read about on empty beer that are fast, but usually broken down trailside because of said unreliable gear (also kill list)
That demographic exists in CO, but their 29ers certainly don't have "Guerrilla Gravity" on the downtube.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
The only dentist mtbr I know is a dirt roadie, but did get a gold Leadville belt buckle, so I don't think he falls into either category jonKranked listed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The only dentist mtbr I know is a dirt roadie, but did get a gold Leadville belt buckle, so I don't think he falls into either category jonKranked listed.
reread my post. i was referring to my area. and that those are the two "predominant" categories. not the "only" categories :clue:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
So, back on track, who is coming to the GG Moab camping weekend in a few weeks? And, more importantly, what costume are you bringing?

Last year was pretty awesome.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
More and more dentists look and ride 29ers like this around here:

27.5 is the only size I think is dumb. 26 and 29 have very distinct attributes that make each cool IMO.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I think a lot of you are missing the bigger picture...29ers aren't the problem, but glacially slow (but wealthy) dentists are the issue. And they want you to be slow too.

Think about the science™ - Gee, Peat, Joe Smith, Rach, Greenland, @Gary , Brayton, Atwill, Simmons, Bryceland, etc...They're all rippers from the UK...a place where there's more privately owned automatic weapons than dentists. In short, their jagged grills function as speed holes which allow for moar O2/scotch to get to their lung raviola (or whatever those little anemone things are called), which ultimately makes them faster. Hell, the fastest 'Murican has taken it to the next level and jettisoned his top teeth altogether. Pontiac Ram Air FTW!

Meanwhile, white middle 'Murica is slowly suffocating during hi-intensity efforts with our straight, cavity free walls of enamel...Although, to be fair, we do have beautiful walls...the best white walls if you will.

In summary, the only quick and easy solution to this heavy in-corner braking epidemic is to fight dentistry with high RPMs:

Last edited:

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada

I guess that,s the difference between the 29" riders in your area when compared to my area , most of the dude,s on 29's are stupidly fast up and down on 100mm bikes .One of my buddies holds several KOM,s on trails primarily ridden by DH bikes and he,s riding a XC bike .

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I guess that,s the difference between the 29" riders in your area when compared to my area , most of the dude,s on 29's are stupidly fast up and down on 100mm bikes .One of my buddies holds several KOM,s on trails primarily ridden by DH bikes and he,s riding a XC bike .
All we really have are east coast rox. And drinking problems.