Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

lobsterCT

Monkey
Jun 23, 2015
I used to love riding in Sedona when I lived in AZ. Hope you guys have a blast there. Watch out for the vortex.

Here is my wife on her GGDH. We are just back from a family trip to Killington in VT. She got a lot of nice compliments on the bike from people in the lifts, or parked at lunch time etc. Definitely a Buzz in the wild for GG branding.

Bike has been updated from a previous post with a dedicated wheel set, no more sharing with her trail bike, and the rear shock has been optimized for a 250 pound spring.

k1.jpg
k2.JPG
k3.JPG
k4.JPG

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Big ride is finished. Nico, one of my engineering interns and the only other person I was able to convince to join me for a Type 3 Fun ride, and I were both on Trail Pistols. That's the same Purple Drank Trail Pistol I've been riding all year, including bike park days, big trail rides, and now this:
https://www.strava.com/activities/1153909718
IMG_2656.JPG

Edit: The end of that ride is done correctly: 4400' of descending with no climbing. The stoke level when we got to the top of Agate Creek (the point of no more climbing) was elevated.

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Holy crap man. Awesome effort.

*edit* Am I remembering correctly that the Shred Dogg is the same frame as the Megatrail, just with a shorter travel shock?

Last edited:

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Holy crap man. Awesome effort.

*edit* Am I remembering correctly that the Shred Dogg is the same frame as the Megatrail, just with a shorter travel shock?
From my understanding, yes, the shreddogg and MT have the same eye to eye, you just get some sram magic with the shreddogg shock

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Big ride is finished. Nico, one of my engineering interns and the only other person I was able to convince to join me for a Type 3 Fun ride, and I were both on Trail Pistols. That's the same Purple Drank Trail Pistol I've been riding all year, including bike park days, big trail rides, and now this:
https://www.strava.com/activities/1153909718View attachment 126316

Edit: The end of that ride is done correctly: 4400' of descending with no climbing. The stoke level when we got to the top of Agate Creek (the point of no more climbing) was elevated.
Damn, that is impressive!

BTW - What tires are those? :clue:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
what tire/rim/insert combo did you settle on? how did it work out? congrats. I bet many beers and burritos were consumed following this ride.

I say congrats, but maybe what I really mean is, have you checked into a mental-health acute care facility yet?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
@toodles Yes, the Shred Dogg and Megatrail use the same frame, different shock and fork. @roflbox was correct

Tires: @kidwoo s favorite: 29x2.4 Ardent. After running those for a bit now, they are good on hardpack, or close to hardpack. But, anything loose, watch out. The Fooses drop in was pretty wild. If Maxxis took those center knobs and put Minion side knobs on there, it would be a high volume, better Minion SS, imo.
CushCore inserts were in there front and rear. I'd rather pedal up hills with those inserts than fix a flat.
Rims: DT XM481. The rear was replaced right before installing CushCore

Sweet shin guards: knee pads were pushed down for the climbs. Don't worry, I haven't gone all crossfit and started riding with knee high compression socks.

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Hmm...Ardents are okay on the rear. But on the front? I am dissapoint. Those side knobs are weak sauce. Like they tore away from the inside corner in 2 rides. In my experience. Love the baloony-ness and fasty rolling-ness of them tho.

Edit - ^^ Oh, I see you're on that already...

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The Tomahawk has intrigued me before, but it's another tire that seems like it would be better with Minion side knobs.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I'd also recommend Tomahawk in the rear. They burn off fairly quick but in my experience they corner well and roll fast.
I've got a buddy running a Griffin rear (found in the specials bin) and is actually impressed with it so far. I don't know if they're available in casings and sizes to suit Enderpo or nah. I've got the Minion DHF/Aggressor combo on the Scout and Pootroll. The Aggressor is decent but tends to exhibit a squirmy feel on some corners that makes it feel like it has punctured when it hasn't.

Just checked the local pricing on the Megatrail. Thanks to import duties, taxes and extra distro the frame only option here is like $4300 AUD w/ Super Deluxe. Living in Australia is a punch in the dick sometimes.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I've got a buddy running a Griffin rear (found in the specials bin) and is actually impressed with it so far. I don't know if they're available in casings and sizes to suit Enderpo or nah. I've got the Minion DHF/Aggressor combo on the Scout and Pootroll. The Aggressor is decent but tends to exhibit a squirmy feel on some corners that makes it feel like it has punctured when it hasn't.

Just checked the local pricing on the Megatrail. Thanks to import duties, taxes and extra distro the frame only option here is like $4300 AUD w/ Super Deluxe. Living in Australia is a punch in the dick sometimes.
Did you check pricing through Bike Brew, the Australian distributor?

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Austria and Australia share more than a couple of letters. I really wanted a Megatrail, but additional costs were crashing the party for me. But sometime...
When its cheaper to fly to the US, buy the bike, ride it and bring it home used to escape import duties you know the system sucks.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Austria and Australia share more than a couple of letters. I really wanted a Megatrail, but additional costs were crashing the party for me. But sometime...
Get in touch with Shorelines distribution in the UK, who Matt was kind enough to point me towards. The pound is tanking relative to the Euro and it's much cheaper than buying from the States and paying import duty and shipping.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet myself as i will also be needing one of those trailers next year, but it's probably wise to spend some money now before my girlfriend seizes my bank account for good.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
BOOM!
had to borrow a few parts from another bike, but here she is. :rockout:

DS.jpg

Medium Pedalhead, 140mm Pike, 27.5 Flow EX, HRII/SS, 50mm Thomson w/Easton Havoc 750mm bars, RF cranks, XT brakes, XTR rear mech, 11-46 (!) cassette, Thomson post until I can find a 100mm dropper
NDS.jpg

Chainline was going to be an issue trying to use my old XT cranks so I found a pair of RF take-offs with the cinch ring, which when flipped gives me a 55mm chainline (or damn close enough). Shifting and backpedaling is perfect.
This pic of the headtube best shows the true color.
HT.jpg

Tired after work and finishing the build, but a neighborhood ride says it's all good. The seat tube will only allow a 100mm drop, but that will be enough and I bet I can find someone upgrading to a longer drop and wanting to sell their old post.

Building was so smooth. Head tube was prepped, BB threads chased and clean. Everything went together super easily. Welds are great, color is full-on titties ... I'm stoked.
Nice work and THANKS @mtg ... best raffle prize ever. ;)

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What size seat tube is it?

I've kept pondering updating my 125 -> 150, so wife would go from 100 -> 125, leaving a 100mm 30.9 KS Lev for sale.

(Ran into a couple of your BBQ friends on our Apex loop this evening).

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
What size seat tube is it?

I've kept pondering updating my 125 -> 150, so wife would go from 100 -> 125, leaving a 100mm 30.9 KS Lev for sale.

(Ran into a couple of your BBQ friends on our Apex loop this evening).
if it's the internal version, let's talk. ST is 31.6 but I can shim a 30.9.
I also need another bottle cage.