Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Any plans to set up a Canadian network, or even a Canadian demo? this bike is on my short list for end of season, but would like to try them. 27.5 not that slowpoke wagon wheel bullshiz you cali kids love. :P
Always working on expansion. Where are you in Canada?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
And, in other news, @kidwoo is writing reviews for Fat-bike.com these days.

Pedälhead first ride.

My favorite excerpts:

"You can then either have your bike shipped to your LBS (which gets a spiff for the deal) or shipped directly to your remote double-wide chateau on Nunya Mesa."

"GG calls their steel “Smashmoly” and offers little more detail than that, though the ride quality definitely hints at mystical properties and probably involves a ground-up unicorn or two added to the metallurgy. "

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
And, in other news, @kidwoo is writing reviews for Fat-bike.com these days.

Pedälhead first ride.

My favorite excerpts:

"You can then either have your bike shipped to your LBS (which gets a spiff for the deal) or shipped directly to your remote double-wide chateau on Nunya Mesa."

"GG calls their steel “Smashmoly” and offers little more detail than that, though the ride quality definitely hints at mystical properties and probably involves a ground-up unicorn or two added to the metallurgy. "

That's some quality prose right there.

This my personal favorite

goin fast.JPG

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I used to be 5'9" but then collapsed discs and some adult onset scoliosis took me down a notch. I'm 5'8" and crooked.

I don't know any of that other stuff. It's kind of meaningless in my opinion because what gets recommended to me for bike sizes is so often way off for what I end up enjoying riding. In 2001 everyone had me on frames that felt too small and I bought larges. Now everyone wants cadillacs and I buy more smalls.

Those were the OG frames I'm talking about anyway. If you like moving your bike around I'd definitely size down if you're between sizes on the new ones. If you like stability in a straight line over all else, then go the other way. I like being able to get on my back wheel quickly.

Sounds like you could use a few shims

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
mounted up a B.B.T.U. to the bike for mornings like this ...
20170915_091448.jpg

(breakfast burrito transfer unit)

edit: that $3 burrito was the best thing to happen to me all week......

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The length of rideable season on the monarch crest is way too short. You guys in Colorado need to do something about that.

Maybe let your cars idle overnight.

June: too much snow in the way
July 17th: RIDE
July 18th-August30: you like lightning bro?
October: LOL, ur butt's wet and hypothermia

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wait, so you're telling me there are lots of unattended cars, idling, with no one in them in the greater front range area with no one around at 4am?

Are they, you know, nice cars?
Naw - these are *attended* cars idling in the parking lots of EVERY place I visit. Fucking people leave their cars running while they go grocery shopping. I mean, I understand - it's way more comfy to sit in a car with the air conditioning running than to roll down a fucking window.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That does seem like kind of a 'thing' lately.

Monarch crest bike fest February here I come!!!

Maybe carry some potatoes with you. Because that would be fucking hilarious. And no all those idling cop cars all over the place are not excluded.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
That race is always a great time. Prizes certainly aren't the main attraction, though. The season up there is pretty short, I don't think I rode up there once this year without getting wet from hiking through snow, getting rained on, hailed on, snowed on, riding through flowing creeks, etc.

Ripping down Green's was a trip. It looked like something out of a medeival winter war movie at the top, then greased snot on roots below the snow, and turned into velcro hero dirt at the bottom.

The idling thing is ridiculous. Turn off your fucking car if you aren't driving, or have some real reason to have it running.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Wait, so you're telling me there are lots of unattended cars, idling, with no one in them in the greater front range area with no one around at 4am?

Are they, you know, nice cars?
Not necessary.

Apparently, if you have a slim jim (or whatever those things are called) and a screw driver, you can get a Subaru for free in Denver. The Denver PD won't even attempt to catch you.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
A-GG-The Smash-1.jpg

Finished this early this week. It has a nice build on it. See below.

1. LG GG The Smash (CCDB Air CS trying it out)
2. CK Headset
3. Race Face SIXC bars 35mm, cranks
4. Race Face Atlas Stem 35mm
5. Magura MT7 Brakes HC3 Levers F/R
8. Hope Pro Hubs F/R
9. Stans Flow Hoops MK3 Rims 29mm Internal
10. SRAM 11spd GX (cheap)
11. Gamut Chainguide
12. DVO Diamond Fork at 150mm
13. 9.8 200mm Post
14. Fabric Saddle
15. WTB Rubber

Woo if it doesn't have "Wagon Wheels then F' you".

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
@ianjenn Sweet build. Cable routing tip:

The rear derailluer cable runs much cleaner if you route it above the BB shell, between the upper ISCG mount and the chainstay. There's a pic of it in the owner's manual, albeit it isn't explicitly called out.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
@mtg

Are there any Megatrails in the SF bay? The geo and sizing (I'm 5'11" so I land between sizes for most brands) on your bikes put them at the top of my list for my next bike but the nearest demo shop is 4+ hours of driving from me.

Help!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
@mtg

Are there any Megatrails in the SF bay? The geo and sizing (I'm 5'11" so I land between sizes for most brands) on your bikes put them at the top of my list for my next bike but the nearest demo shop is 4+ hours of driving from me.

Help!
There aren't any BAMF's listed on the website in that area, but I'll check to see if maybe there's another person that would be good to connect with.

At 5'11", medium is going to be the recommendation unless you have an Ape Index that's more than an inch or two in either direction, or some other atypical proportion. I'm also 5'11" (32" inseam) and ride size medium with a 50mm stem, 12mm of saddle set back on the post. I have tried size large multiple times, but they are too big.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
There aren't any BAMF's listed on the website in that area, but I'll check to see if maybe there's another person that would be good to connect with.

At 5'11", medium is going to be the recommendation unless you have an Ape Index that's more than an inch or two in either direction, or some other atypical proportion. I'm also 5'11" (32" inseam) and ride size medium with a 50mm stem, 12mm of saddle set back on the post. I have tried size large multiple times, but they are too big.
That's why I like your sizing. In most brands the med is too short at high speed and the lg is too tall when I want to get low or suck the rear wheel up to clear obstacles.

Also interested in testing a medium Megatrail/Shred Dogg in the Bay Area. Ship one out and we'll schedule a Bay Area Ridemonkey Demo :busted:
Where are you and why haven't we ridden before???

Also that's a great idea. There are a lot of people spending a lot of money on bikes out here.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
That's why I like your sizing. In most brands the med is too short at high speed and the lg is too tall when I want to get low or suck the rear wheel up to clear obstacles.
That was on purpose :) I always had the same dilemma, but am pretty much at the top of the bell curve of height distribution. GG sizing was made to have a medium centered around 5'10", which is the top of the bell curve, and the other sizes are based around that. Interestingly enough, the sales distribution of sizes is pretty close to a 1 sigma, 2 sigma, 3 sigma breakdown.

To answer a question of yours from the other thread, if you're looking for a $3k build, but want higher end parts than the Ride 2 build, we have demo bikes for sale, plus the employee bikes are going up for sale shortly. We can figure out something for your budget.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
That was on purpose :) I always had the same dilemma, but am pretty much at the top of the bell curve of height distribution. GG sizing was made to have a medium centered around 5'10", which is the top of the bell curve, and the other sizes are based around that. Interestingly enough, the sales distribution of sizes is pretty close to a 1 sigma, 2 sigma, 3 sigma breakdown.
Bike sizing always made me wonder. There are lots of people in the 5'10" to 6'0" range so why not make a bike that fits this group. Glad someone has it figured out.

To answer a question of yours from the other thread, if you're looking for a $3k build, but want higher end parts than the Ride 2 build, we have demo bikes for sale, plus the employee bikes are going up for sale shortly. We can figure out something for your budget.
I would be very interested in this.

Tahoe is the closest BAMF with a medium. If @rockofullr and @djjohnr are serious about getting a bay area demo bike shipped out, let us know. That's been done before.
Yes! I know a lot of riders out here that would love to take a ride on something they haven't seen before.

@mtg, I'll PM you.
Keep me in the loop.