Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I like it. (Looks like the chainstay bridge no longer welds directly to the chainstay tube. Good good.)

My Megatrail setup is kind of an outlier - couldn't be recreated with the carbon bike?

Xtra-Med (490mm reach, but with the seattube length of a med), 170mm fork w/ -1deg headset

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
in general, i like it. the one aspect that bugs me aesthetically is all the material around the seat/down tube intersection. marin does that too (although it's far from the only thing that bugs me about marins!). and yeah, i'd prefer a curved downtube as well. but i'd really like to see one in person . . . hey gg - how bout you send me one to, umm . . . "look at"?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I would be remiss if I didn't point out a few dozen thread pages ago GG was getting panned for having "curvy" top tubes. Kinda thoughtless of them not to make both types to appease everyone's aesthetic sensibilities IMO.

But hey, I bet if you left it out in the sun long enough it would start drooping some, so the curve-ites can be happy too.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I would be remiss if I didn't point out a few dozen thread pages ago GG was getting panned for having "curvy" top tubes. Kinda thoughtless of them not to make both types to appease everyone's aesthetic sensibilities IMO.
I was one of the folks that didn't like the curvy top tube. Much better now as the line from the TT flows straight into the seat stays. And I like the stealth-y tube shapes. Well done @mtg :clapping:
Shredd Dog with 26" wheels in my future? Only thing: how to work around the Boost shit.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Badass!

Am I wrong in thinking that the AL Shred Dogg is a rebadged Megatrail SS, or basically a short-shocked Megatrail? Is that no longer the case?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think the main question that needs to be answered is if they will eventually start making frames for other companies?
given that they're going to the cost/trouble of patenting the process (vs keeping it trade secret), my hunch is that they would license the tech before they'd start doing contract manufacturing.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
given that they're going to the cost/trouble of patenting the process (vs keeping it trade secret), my hunch is that they would license the tech before they'd start doing contract manufacturing.
Makes sense. I was just chuckling at the idea of a sticker on a frame that said "designed by Intense, made by those sanctimonious assholes at Guerrilla Gravity "

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Finally, we can talk about this. This is why Ben and I weren't at the camping weekend in Moab, as we were putting in 7 day work weeks to get this productionized.

Questions:
Full aluminum frames: have been replaced now. The Revved frames are better in every way, and the price is about the same as what we charged for aluminum frames in 2017.

Shred Dogg: it has its own seatstays now, no longer shared with the Megatrail. This focused it a bit more as a shorter/mid travel trail bike, and at the same time switched to the smaller 210mm eye to eye shock.

Contract manufacturing: maybe in the future. There's been a number of inquiries in the past, and already had one this morning about making components. The pace of orders coming in this morning is going to keep us very busy for the foreseeable future, so there definitely won't be any contract manufacturing in the near future.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Questions:
Full aluminum frames: have been replaced now. The Revved frames are better in every way, and the price is about the same as what we charged for aluminum frames in 2017.
:shocked: But what should I ride during daylight hours then? ;)

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Damn, I think I may have (belatedly) deciphered some serious Illizardnarti shit...

To wit:

* Robot Bikes just got acquired by Athertons
* There's 3 Athertons
* Guerrilla Gravity has 3 "R"s
* A triangle has 3 corners
* ???
* Guerrilla Gravity is making front triangles with robots.
* Profit

Suck it @mtg , I'm on to you now. :thumb:

Also, favorite PB comment:

GG: Athertons, hold my beer.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Re writing the book on carbon framebuilding is genius.
Banking on the Chinese respecting your patents is insanity.
That said
Great to see a small American brand with big balls poking the bear.:headbang:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Banking on the Chinese respecting your patents is insanity.
The particular grade of material they use is sourced domestically, and probably export controlled. So even if they could theoretically replicate the process they're unlikely to be able to source the material

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Sourcing the material and reading the patent would be the easy part. Actually figuring out how to make frames is the hard part.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I like it. (Looks like the chainstay bridge no longer welds directly to the chainstay tube. Good good.)

My Megatrail setup is kind of an outlier - couldn't be recreated with the carbon bike?

Xtra-Med (490mm reach, but with the seattube length of a med), 170mm fork w/ -1deg headset
Keen observation on the chainstay, yes, that is correct.

The Size 3 with the GeoAdjust headset in the long position is very similar to the Xtra Medium of 2018, just not quite as long.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
@mtg, if I am a talentless hack who is harsh on his bikes, rides about 1.5-2k miles / year in New England roxx and needs a bike that pedals well because everyone here is fast as fuck uphill, yet I loooove uber low BBs, coil shockers and my 160mm coil fork, would you recommend
a) Shred Dogg in Gravity mode
b) Smash with 27.5 wheels
c) bacon
?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
@mtg, if I am a talentless hack who is harsh on his bikes, rides about 1.5-2k miles / year in New England roxx and needs a bike that pedals well because everyone here is fast as fuck uphill, yet I loooove uber low BBs, coil shockers and my 160mm coil fork, would you recommend
c) bacon
?
A or B would work, check out the chainstay length of each for your preference.

C obviously works fairly universally as well, but our margins are lower with that option, so don't go that route. :)

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
Let me know if you want me to pull the flow chart off the internet. I got a little carried away. Don't want to jeopardize anything.
Kid "woo"...Jesus man, if you're going to be a Chinese IP spy at least come up with a little more convincing name than that. Let me guess, you're favorite movie is probably "Woky"

I'm telling you people, I've got this shit figured out. Nothing gets by me now.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
c) bacon
?
Uphill struggles handled...

Now get that luscious coil suspension.