Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There has been some interest already with contract manufacturing and general intrigue from inside and outside the bike industry. Although, we'll be pinned with production for quite awhile, so there are no short term plans for contract manufacturing.

Dude, like I said in the email: These dildos WILL sell! You have the means and I have the vision, why can't we do this?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Dude, like I said in the email: These dildos WILL sell! You have the means and I have the vision, why can't we do this?
No dude, I’m telling you, with your 10 second cycle time, the ejector pins will definitely seize themselves in the mold and break.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Surely that's this situation?

View attachment 132787
I do that all the time when surfing one handed.
Nope. I’m done with GG. They started out making bad ass metal 26 DH bikes for Luddites like me and now their top seller is a plastic wagon wheeler for panty wastes like @jackalope. Screw those guys! :busted:

No way is there a 2019 trail pistol in my cart on their website...

Sorry Matt, I’d fix it but my fucking finger is too obese from lack of riding.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hell yeah, I'd love to see Sarah Frey talk about beer, or whatever really. And who's that Dickinson guy? Didn't he write some popular books awhile back?
Hey, he puts pants on one leg at a time, just like you and me.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So how long was the downtime ? Trying to figure out if I need to get a new video game console.

Bike was unscathed except for a broken dropper lever. Cedar cribbing seemed ok too.
6 weeks for me. two fractures in the distal end = cast from knuckles over elbow so I couldn't rotate. That sucked balls.
Then 2 weeks of a shorter cast below the elbow.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
We might need to hire six people....
Good that you are too busy. Otherwise I would have been tempted.
Stupid question: because you do ISO brake mounts, that means I could do a bodge job and get a 559 EnduRAD 142 mm rear wheel in there using spacers? Just asking for a friend as I don't need another bike. ;) :D

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
We knew Revved would make some waves, but damn, the tsunami of orders means there are now four more full time job openings at GG.
If anybody is in Denver, highly mechanically inclined, autonomous, and excels in a high paced environment, go here: https://ridegg.com/jobs
Must-haves:
*Ability to lift 50 lbs*

Something tells me your new MegaKarpielDogg model is just around the corner.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hey @mtg something i'm been curious about... with the change in sizing nomenclature, how has the actual geometry relating to the sizing changed? for instance, my megatrail is a medium (and that was the sizing recommendation on the alloy frames for me, regardless of model), but with the new sizing tool you have it recommended a size 3 frame. sorry if this was covered elsewhere but i didn't see anything in any of the press releases.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
hey @mtg something i'm been curious about... with the change in sizing nomenclature, how has the actual geometry relating to the sizing changed? for instance, my megatrail is a medium (and that was the sizing recommendation on the alloy frames for me, regardless of model), but with the new sizing tool you have it recommended a size 3 frame. sorry if this was covered elsewhere but i didn't see anything in any of the press releases.
Good question. First, the naming nomenclature was changed because many people said "I ride a large", and we said "not in GG sizing, we recommend a medium", and sometimes it just added unnecessary challenges. Combine that with bike sizing in general evolving, we thought it made the most sense to replace the XS/S/M/L/XL naming. Sizes 1-4 with the GeoAdjust headset actually covers a larger total size range than XS-XL, with more in-between sizes covered now as well.

Size 3 in the short setting is 3mm longer than the previous Medium. And Size 3 in the long position is 13mm longer than Medium, and similar to the previous custom "Extra Medium" in essence. Size 2 covers the previous Small, plus some ground that used to be in between Small and Medium.

If you compare geo charts, sometimes it appears that the previous gen was as long or longer, but it isn't, those reach number discrepancies are due to running geo numbers with longer travel forks on the 2019 version, which makes the reach look shorter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good question. First, the naming nomenclature was changed because many people said "I ride a large", and we said "not in GG sizing, we recommend a medium", and sometimes it just added unnecessary challenges. Combine that with bike sizing in general evolving, we thought it made the most sense to replace the XS/S/M/L/XL naming. Sizes 1-4 with the GeoAdjust headset actually covers a larger total size range than XS-XL, with more in-between sizes covered now as well.

Size 3 in the short setting is 3mm longer than the previous Medium. And Size 3 in the long position is 13mm longer than Medium, and similar to the previous custom "Extra Medium" in essence. Size 2 covers the previous Small, plus some ground that used to be in between Small and Medium.

If you compare geo charts, sometimes it appears that the previous gen was as long or longer, but it isn't, those reach number discrepancies are due to running geo numbers with longer travel forks on the 2019 version, which makes the reach look shorter.
thanks for this info. i get the part about the nomenclature, when people would try my bike and ask the sizing, i had to explain it to them too.

this gives me a follow up question - on my current MT (medium) i'm running a 40mm stem (and it feels super comfy), your sizing recommendation doo-hickey would put me on a size 3 frame, which is slightly longer, but also recommends a longer stem (50 or 60mm depending on the ride style). is this just trending of bikes getting longer and longer? i get the stem length is just a recommendation. but given the trend of bike's getting longer reach and a corresponding shorter stem, how do the longer stems (50/60) you recommend factor in?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
thanks for this info. i get the part about the nomenclature, when people would try my bike and ask the sizing, i had to explain it to them too.

this gives me a follow up question - on my current MT (medium) i'm running a 40mm stem (and it feels super comfy), your sizing recommendation doo-hickey would put me on a size 3 frame, which is slightly longer, but also recommends a longer stem (50 or 60mm depending on the ride style). is this just trending of bikes getting longer and longer? i get the stem length is just a recommendation. but given the trend of bike's getting longer reach and a corresponding shorter stem, how do the longer stems (50/60) you recommend factor in?
Butt to hand measurements are similar going from 1st to 2nd gen Megatrail, and as above, similar from 2nd gen Medium to 3rd gen Size 3 (short). You could just prefer the bike a little shorter, or when the seat tube angle got steeper for 2nd gen, that could explain the difference (1st gen gets proportionally longer in cockpit as the seat gets higher).

50/60mm stem length recommendations are baselines to get folks as comfortable as possible. I wouldn't read too much into them, it's a baseline gathered from feedback over time. As far as weight balancing, yes, that's part of it, but to really dial that in, has to be done on a rider specific basis. I've done front/rear weight balance measurements, and leaning forward/back even just a little bit changes the weight balance at least as much as 10mm of stem length. It can easily change the balance from 60/40 to 55/45, for example.