Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
And smell funny. They did think it going to be mine... I’m sure Jubal or one of the gang has rubbed his nuts on it.
They better! I paid an extra 40 bucks for it. If it doesn't have a dull waxy sheen I'm sending it back.

True story: I asked to have @mtg fart in the headtube before mailing it.

We'll see just how seriously GG takes personalized customer service. Actually because of you, we'll see it very soon! Like real soon!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
He's canadian. He can't get mad, just more polite. It's no fun.

The only thing that works is talking about the janky trails in north vancouver with @shirk007
I don’t get mad, I just let my worthless money do the talking. Kind of annoying to have the dates slip, but it was pretty foolish of me to have expected the estimates to be any less than “optimistic”. I was supposed to be riding that bike on my trip to Glacier. ‘Tis a shame.

And @shirk007 doesn’t need to wait in lines like some chump.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Sorry. I just ordered a megatrail and an extra ass end for a shredd dogg. No plans to mix and match anything or fuck it up with a 29" wheel somewhere.

Like everything super hella adjustable I'll probably mostly leave it in the short travel megatrail or long travel shred dogg configuration most of the time. Depends on the leverage curves of each most likely. Rid egg isn't civilized enough to post a nice flat profile cad rendering of one of the frames so I can check them out with the linkage software.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
megadog trailshred

It'll probably be too long so I'll just sell it to peach for a minor mark up for having it in stock at the time of his order. Poor little guy.
An extra markup for on time delivery? WHAT A CONCEPT! Lizard Exp-"woo"-ess! (say it fast)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That is Enduro as fuck. Welcome to the brotherhood. Your fanny pack awaits.
die

You

In a hole

You'll like this: I went for a quick shakedown ride on some trails behind my house. I found a TLD A1 helmet with a bunch of logos on it. I looked it up and those were prizes for some ebike race series. It was just sitting on a log. The clip for the chinstrap was connected but the strap was out. So some dumbfuck probably thought he broke the helmet and left it because the strap came out of the clip. I rode down with it latched in my belt loops in tramp stamp position so it looked like an ebike champion fanny pack.

Still not as dumb as enduro.

@Gary : talk to your people man. Idiots. Litterbugs.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
die

You

In a hole

You'll like this: I went for a quick shakedown ride on some trails behind my house. I found a TLD A1 helmet with a bunch of logos on it. I looked it up and those were prizes for some ebike race series. It was just sitting on a log. The clip for the chinstrap was connected but the strap was out. So some dumbfuck probably thought he broke the helmet and left it because the strap came out of the clip. I rode down with it latched in my belt loops in tramp stamp position so it looked like an ebike champion fanny pack.

Still not as dumb as enduro.

@Gary : talk to your people man. Idiots. Litterbugs.
Impressions on the bike?

lobsterCT

Monkey
Jun 23, 2015
Damn DPX is already chirping on me. Now I remember why I quit buying itty bitty air shocks.
What is this chirp you speak of? Just noise, or a performance issue along with it? I've been grudgingly considering trying an air shock.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sounds like sneakers on a basket ball court.
In previous iterations it's usually air/cavitation. I broke a base valve once somehow on an old rp3 that sounded the same but basically lost all damping.
My then-new DHX2 started chirping like mad a few miles in. Sent it for warranty repair to fox, they replaced a bunch of seals, that fixed it.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Sounds like sneakers on a basket ball court.
In previous iterations it's usually air/cavitation. I broke a base valve once somehow on an old rp3 that sounded the same but basically lost all damping.
Does it change when the compression is adjusted (either the 3-position or the LSC adjuster)? Mine did that when it was new but then it went away when the oil leaked out. It's quiet now.

Ok so maybe the oil didn't leak out, but yeah its quiet now.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Does it change when the compression is adjusted (either the 3-position or the LSC adjuster)? Mine did that when it was new but then it went away when the oil leaked out. It's quiet now.

Ok so maybe the oil didn't leak out, but yeah its quiet now.
It slightly changes in pitch.

My megatrail seatstays showed up today so I just said fuck it and changed it from a 140mm bike to a 155mm bike. Problem solved. (stupid easy btw)

It might be dust in the seals, but it definitely happens right about the same spot in the travel.