Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Beta price: 1850 for frame & shock. We also have a frameset+ option that adds fork, headset, post, collar, as well as two complete builds. Final details on that stuff will be posted soon.

They'll be powder coated.
WOW tempting

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
WOW tempting
It does have 26" wheels, remember? :)

Weights:
Frame, axle, hardware, raw/unpainted with no shock: 7.8 lbs
My complete bike is 36.7 lbs, Will's weighs in at 37.5 lbs.

I will confess that I do have weight weenie cranks- they are the carbon Race Face SIXC, and the ADD Pro wheels are fairly light, but the rest is all pretty standard stuff.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I agree. Cane Creek sent me "dumb models" of both the DB coil and DB Air, and I designed the frame to fit both.

I talked with Josh and Malcolm a fair bit about both shocks, and their recommendation was the coil sprung versio because the frame itself is progressive. However, after riding it, I think the DB Air is worth trying. The leverage curve is progressive, but not ridiculously rampy such that you can't get full travel. I have to call those guys again, get the compression curves of the air shock and see what it looks like.

About the Vivid Air, I havent confirmed that it will fit yet, but I measured a bunch of shocks when I designed that area, and it is likely to fit, but not yet verified.

My wife's Beta will have a Totem solo air, DB Air and freeride tires- I'm estimating 34.5 to 35 pounds of bike park ripper.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
any plans to do anything different with the large seat tube plates? The aesthetics of them just seem to miss match with the rest of the frame IMO anyways
With the size of that rear piv, it looks like they'd add a lot of structural stability preventing rear end wag. (engineering ignorance speaking here on my part but just what it looks like to me.)

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Those shock box plates are getting tweaked slightly, but they'll still look very similar overall. The driveside plate is getting modified a little for more chainguide clearance, and they'll both be machined from solid stock vs the Alpha frames where they were machined from plate, then formed, then final machining.

And, yeah, being as wide as they are at the bottom is for structural purposes- the pivot bearings are huge (and mounted in the shock box plates), as well as the driveside plate also has the ISCG mounts integral. That's also part of why they are pretty beefy: I wanted to make sure you could run a taco style bash guard without worrying about the ISCG tabs.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Some asked about the pricing and I was on the email list for the betas. Not sure if GG wanted to post those up here. But many seem interested.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
More details on the Betas, as promised:

We just launched our Kickstarter campaign for the Beta frames and bikes. Go check it out, at a minimum you get to see some bad acting from me, some frame close-ups & riding video, and at best you can buy some swag, a frame or a bike.

Guerrilla Gravity on Kickstarter

We had to adjust the Beta frame price a little bit once the Kickstarter fees were added in, so the Beta frameset is 1925. For build kit info, email us at Bikes@RideGG.com and we'll give you info and get you squared away.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Does the frameset come with a jersey also?

Very tempting......................

When will the beta frames be ready?

Also when will the beta 29er be ready? :D

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
^^^ This.

The frame doesn't come with a jersey, but if you want both, email us at Bikes@RideGG.com and we can work with you on it. Here's the jersey:

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Beta frames will be ready approximately in September. I'm busting my butt to get the refinements done, and the goal is to make sure people have some time on the Beta bikes while resorts are open.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Well, that means you have plenty of budget to a buy a jersey, hoody and t-shirt, then :)

Here's another stoke pic from racing at Crested Butte over the weekend:
vastactioncom_345893.jpg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Bump for some GG love.

mtg and the crew got all 10 of their planned beta frames spoken for, with one of them going to My Damn Self™. The build kits they are offering have a Dorado up front and an X-Fusion rear shock, with a Cane Creek Double Barrel as an upgrade.

Mine, however, is gonna be fitted and kitted with a full-on SRAM set up from axle to axle. Boxxer WC, Vivid coil, Avid brakes, SRAM shifting n' cranking. I thought about trying a Vivid Air on this bad larry, but unless I could pull the trigger on both a coil and an air shock I thought the coil would be a better "all-around" choice for "all" the riding "around" here. See what I did there? It does get a bit rough, loose, and fast in these here parts, and I think the coil will rock it.

With the Boxxer and the SRAM stuff, I'm thinking mine will come in ~37 ell-bees.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Awesome! Glad you got one, I was planning on buying a Beta but my job situation has put large purchases on hold for a while. Can't wait to see/hear reviews on the Betas, hopefully I'll get one when they do their next run in the spring.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Thanks for the love. And, I have skipped the last two MSC race weekends to make moar progress on the Betas. We are all pretty stoked that they are all spoken for.
The builds people are doing are going to be sick, besides the full custom Sram for Full Trucker, we have another full custom, plus a couple of the high end builds, my wife's will be about 34 lbs on a decent budget, and one build is a super bang for buck that i think will be real popular.
There are some new pics and video on the facebook page (click the link in my sig), and the drawing packages are at the machine shop now with a bunch of refinements.

Matt, the next batch will be in the early Spring time. Good luck on the job situation, i hope it works out for the best.

Last edited:

hopsalot

Chimp
Dec 21, 2009
Denver
I saw this bike at Keystone, any thought to integrating the chain guide into the drive side seat tube strut, that would be extra hot.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I thought about that early on, but it would end up being a proprietary chain guide system. And, we all know how well that would go over :)
It ended up making the most sense to integrate the ISCG05 mounts into the drive side shock box plate, which is how it is currently made.