Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Damn @zdubyadubya, that's a baller build, and super clean with AXS and the dropper routing.

As far as cable routing on the left, I tried that on my bike early last year to make sure it worked well with any cables going to the left side of the handlebar before we committed to the single side cable door. I can see running the dropper as above for that specific config, though, it looks awesome.

Water bottle mounts: we put in extra effort to allow mounting it that way on the Size 2, even though it isn't advertised as an option. There aren't any standards for water bottle cage mounts, other than just the hole spacing, so some creativity is required, but it can be made to work, as shown.

And, Ridemonkey now has a monocle emoji, ha ha. @jstuhlman do you have anything to do with this?

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
What size bottle can you use with cage down low like that?
I just can't get past the aesthetic of the top tube mount, I want that weight low.
I can fit a 500mL bottle. I have a couple from various shops I've visited. That plus a full-size insulated camelbak bottle in my hip pack and I have plenty of water for most of the rides I do. I had to use three presta valve nuts to space the specialized z-cage far enough away from the frame where it wouldn't touch, but as you can see there is 1-2mm of space between the bottle and the frame and the bottle and the shock body. An air shock may not have as much room. You can also see that after a month of riding she isn't quite as shiny anymore. Good news is that even with riding 3-4x per week at 10-15mi per ride, I'm still on my first charge on my derailleur battery so color me super impressed. Well done SRAM.

Attachments

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
OK, I am leaning towards one of these (smash) for the 2020 season. Couple of q's, can I order a Fox through you for a decent price? I assume from the website that the framese price is without a shock?

What is the e-e and stroke?
MFG, will you be at Targhee Wydaho Rendezvous?

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I am curious about those SE5 TI tires as I pinchflatted a SE2TI during my second ride.
i run 24/25-ish psi front (SE5) and 22/23-ish psi rear (SE4) setup tubeless with Stans Race sealant. they are 29x2.6 on a 30mm inner width rim. i really like the tires so far. curious as always about @kidwoo thoughts but they seem predictable, hook up when i want them to, and i haven't been left wanting for grip or sidewall support anywhere yet so they get my endorsement.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I forgot to mention before, we have new water bottles in stock, customized Elite Fly 550mL and 750mL that are really good for water/frame space. The 550mL should fit under the shock easier than others...I have a huge pile of bottles and cages from experiments, and those were the best overall.

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Something I can send to Avalance, Fox or RS deluxe. Or would the 11/6 fit with a bottle.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Can't find it on GG's site, but is there a BB height change between crush and plush mode or just suspension? Have not swicthed the TP over to crush yet, but goddamn I'm whacking every rock in the county.

So far the bike is flawless, but the pedals have taken more abuse since Tuesday than they have in the last year and a half on my previous bike. Can a .33" lower BB really make that much of a difference?

Lazoup

Chimp
Mar 24, 2015
Denver, CO
If I remember correctly, the switch from Trail to Gravity mode for the 27.5" models does affect the BB height, but the Crush/Plush mode feature on the 29ers does not affect the geometry in any way.

Haven't switched my Smash either, still in plush mode!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Can't find it on GG's site, but is there a BB height change between crush and plush mode or just suspension? Have not swicthed the TP over to crush yet, but goddamn I'm whacking every rock in the county.

So far the bike is flawless, but the pedals have taken more abuse since Tuesday than they have in the last year and a half on my previous bike. Can a .33" lower BB really make that much of a difference?
On the Revved Trail Pistol, Plush and Crush are the same height. You may just be very used to a taller bike, but check sag in case you’re sitting low in the travel and maybe add a few psi to help getting used to a lower BB.
Other than that, you’re welcome :). Enjoy the corner slaying.