Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
On the Revved Trail Pistol, Plush and Crush are the same height. You may just be very used to a taller bike, but check sag in case you’re sitting low in the travel and maybe add a few psi to help getting used to a lower BB.
Other than that, you’re welcome :). Enjoy the corner slaying.
Gotta fiddle with it a bit more and double check sag, thinking about it some more my old bike was 150mm travel, so 30% sag on it probably did leave it that much higher off the ground. On the TP it definitely feels like the CoG dropped by about 18" compared to my Carbine leading to copious amounts of corner slaying.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This made me LOL

" It is part of a new family of materials at the leading edge of aerospace manufacturing. These materials are quickly gaining adoption for use in high-profile projects, most notably within a significant portion of the structural components of Boeing’s new 787"

The 787 first flew over ten years ago, the development cycle started a decade before that. The certification process for commercial aircraft materials is extremely expensive and most of the composite technology was adopted from the b-2 bomber which started development in the 1980s.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
This made me LOL

" It is part of a new family of materials at the leading edge of aerospace manufacturing. These materials are quickly gaining adoption for use in high-profile projects, most notably within a significant portion of the structural components of Boeing’s new 787"

The 787 first flew over ten years ago, the development cycle started a decade before that. The certification process for commercial aircraft materials is extremely expensive and most of the composite technology was adopted from the b-2 bomber which started development in the 1970s.
Come on, you can't hate them on wanting to get some of that dentist cash. It's what keeps this industry afloat.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Come on, you can't hate them on wanting to get some of that dentist cash. It's what keeps this industry afloat.
Ya know, if GG really wanted to create a profits volcano, they should start making Revved Crab0n teeth. I mean if I had a full crab0n grill, I wouldn't even bother with a full-face anymore...Be so rad to smash the fuck out of rocks (or guitars, tape decks, amps, etc) with your mouth.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This made me LOL

The 787 first flew over ten years ago, the development cycle started a decade before that. The certification process for commercial aircraft materials is extremely expensive and most of the composite technology was adopted from the b-2 bomber which started development in the 1980s.
dr_science.jpg

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Questions:

29er wheels on the Megatrail SS: folks wasted no time figuring out that hack. We've tried it, and it works; the BB height just gets a bit tall, mainly in Trail Mode. But it is doable, with said tire size limits (29x2.3, some 29x2.4's). It's not an official setup, but if you are interested in it, give us a call or email.
bringing this out of the vault
if I have a megatrail ss that is now running a megatrail shock (I think making it a regular megatrail)
can I switch this to having wagon wheelz? would be running shock in gravity mode

edit: or what linkages could I buy (aiming for trail pistol, but smash would be ok) to make wagonwheelz work?

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
if I have a megatrail ss that is now running a megatrail shock (I think making it a regular megatrail)
can I switch this to having wagon wheelz? would be running shock in gravity mode

edit: or what linkages could I buy (aiming for trail pistol, but smash would be ok) to make wagonwheelz work?
BORKED

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Bi

big wheel induced euthanasia aside, you can run 29 with non-huge rubber in a shred dogg due to shorter stroke. The other way would be to call up gg to order correct rear end to convert. New stays are backwards compatible with your filthy alloy flexy heavy unridabru MT/SD front end.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO

If you run it as a Shred Dogg, aka Megatrail SS (57.5mm stroke shock) 29x2.3” works in Gravity Mode.
‘17 or ‘18 The Smash seatstays are a direct swap as well, and are intended to use the same 57.5mm stroke shock as the ‘17/‘18 Shred Dogg/Megatrail SS.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I am circling back a bit, would it be ‘possible’ to long shock a Smash to get a bit more travel out of it?
I think the Slayer is just too much bike, but would like at least 150-160mm of travel.
Thoughts?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
So, I am circling back a bit, would it be ‘possible’ to long shock a Smash to get a bit more travel out of it?
I think the Slayer is just too much bike, but would like at least 150-160mm of travel.
Thoughts?
You can experiment with long stroking The Smash, but tire/seat tube clearance will be limiting. If you run tires that aren’t too large in OD and don’t hit hard bottom outs very often, you may be able to get a bit more out of it.

Megatrail: I would imagine what you heard about lacking playfulness is a setup issue. It can be pretty poppy, especially in Trail Mode. Gravity Mode is pretty plowy, on purpose.