Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Can we still trust the GG guys as they got the message and trusted one of their frames with it??? :confused:

from 17:09:

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
Smash shock, megatrail chainstays, headcup adapter and 27.5 fork/wheels,.,.,.,,. shouldnt implode right? I feel like i gave the 29er a fair shake. Im sick of smashing my nuts ......

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Smash shock, megatrail chainstays, headcup adapter and 27.5 fork/wheels,.,.,.,,. shouldnt implode right? I feel like i gave the 29er a fair shake. Im sick of smashing my nuts ......
*seatstays, but yeah, that'll work.

Any reason to not try just mulleting the Smash before you buy all that other shit? I've got a couple rides on one like that. Obviously makes it lower and slacker, but it hasn't killed me yet.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Yes, that will work. When you service the shock, it should be able to be converted to 65mm of stroke (Megatrail) from 60mm (The Smash).

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
*seatstays, but yeah, that'll work.

Any reason to not try just mulleting the Smash before you buy all that other shit? I've got a couple rides on one like that. Obviously makes it lower and slacker, but it hasn't killed me yet.

I have an sb6c in the garage that's pretty clapped, it's my crew's loaner bike, that I was going to scavenge for parts.... I did try just a straight swap of fork and wheels onto the smash with no lower cup and it was a low rider. When I sent out my 29er fork for service.

i think ill give it a go. mullet here i come

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
We have been ahead of the curve with regards to safety and regulations. For example, the requirement that Governor Polis mandated to start yesterday (I believe), we had already been in place for almost a week with regards to remote work and staggered shifts to keep less than 50% of the staff onsite at any given time.
For the latest city and county of Denver requirement, there is a clause about allowing minimum basic operations as long as safety requirements are met. We had already been meeting the required safety regulations before the new rule was announced. So, at this time, we're going to make some additional adjustments, but operations are continuing.
With our short supply chain, there are only two suppliers that also have to be online for us to continue at this point, and both of them are considered essential businesses.

Fear not.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
We have been ahead of the curve with regards to safety and regulations. For example, the requirement that Governor Polis mandated to start yesterday (I believe), we had already been in place for almost a week with regards to remote work and staggered shifts to keep less than 50% of the staff onsite at any given time.
For the latest city and county of Denver requirement, there is a clause about allowing minimum basic operations as long as safety requirements are met. We had already been meeting the required safety regulations before the new rule was announced. So, at this time, we're going to make some additional adjustments, but operations are continuing.
With our short supply chain, there are only two suppliers that also have to be online for us to continue at this point, and both of them are considered essential businesses.

Fear not.

Let me translate for you guys: they've shifted production to start making Revved carbon N95 masks/bongs (tentatively named the Air Pistol).

I expect them to go the IPO route soon and single handedly raise the Dow Jones by 10,000 points. Save some scratch to buy as many shares as you can.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Fear not.
If it helps, I consider building and riding my megatrail ESSENTIAL to maintaining my sanity!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
That was recorded a week ago, and there have not been huge changes for us in the mean time. However, Governor Polis just put out a new stay-at-home order this afternoon. When the details are available, we'll see what the latest effect is.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That was recorded a week ago, and there have not been huge changes for us in the mean time. However, Governor Polis just put out a new stay-at-home order this afternoon. When the details are available, we'll see what the latest effect is.

Just change your address to the office and work from home.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Had a great ride on the Smash yesterday while putting in some decent mileage; I hit 4 different local trail networks during a ride around town. linking these networks together in one ride has been something I have wanted to do for some time now and I decided to make it happen.

For this ride I installed the wheels/tires from my Pedalhead (I9 Trail 270 w/Recon EXO rear and Bontrager SE4 Team up front) in place of the I9 Enduro’s (Aggressor EXO 2.5 + Cushcore in the rear and Assgai 2.5 EXO+ up front) that are normally on the Smash. The total rotational weight reduction with this change was something like 850g and the bike was noticeably more peppy responsive to pedaling inputs.

I can’t say enough about this bike; so much range is built into, particularly when coupled with the 11-6 shock option. Having two wheel sets with different tire setups can extend this range even more. Yesterday’s ride had the bike setup in Crush mode with the 11-6 in the “Trail” mode most of the time, “DH” mode was reserved for the chunkier descents of the day.

6F6A6D65-D20A-45B9-A624-A4CAAA3F9696.jpeg
06DDC2CD-0F52-4A14-90CA-4E1CFD4CF9B9.jpeg
A01411E5-E153-43D7-A889-827BE80604C5.jpeg
79F309EC-6BEA-45F5-B028-EA393C6C4079.jpeg

00BBAD71-8ACE-4FF5-ACB5-ED80481B54D1.png

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Had a great ride on the Smash yesterday while putting in some decent mileage; I hit 4 different local trail networks during a ride around town. linking these networks together in one ride has been something I have wanted to do for some time now and I decided to make it happen.

For this ride I installed the wheels/tires from my Pedalhead (I9 Trail 270 w/Recon EXO rear and Bontrager SE4 Team up front) in place of the I9 Enduro’s (Aggressor EXO 2.5 + Cushcore in the rear and Assgai 2.5 EXO+ up front) that are normally on the Smash. The total rotational weight reduction with this change was something like 850g and the bike was noticeably more peppy responsive to pedaling inputs.

I can’t say enough about this bike; so much range is built into, particularly when coupled with the 11-6 shock option. Having two wheel sets with different tire setups can extend this range even more. Yesterday’s ride had the bike setup in Crush mode with the 11-6 in the “Trail” mode most of the time, “DH” mode was reserved for the chunkier descents of the day.

View attachment 142720View attachment 142721View attachment 142722View attachment 142723
View attachment 142724
Wait, you Strava'd a ride in an area that was officially closed? Smart move if you want a stricter lockdown! :brow:
ATM I even ride w/o my cell phone although recreation is still OK for us if done alone.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Wait, you Strava'd a ride in an area that was officially closed? Smart move if you want a stricter lockdown! :brow:
ATM I even ride w/o my cell phone although recreation is still OK for us if done alone.
Ya got me. My planned route had me going through that network while enjoying some of its trails on my way to the other side of town. I rode to the parking lot from the first trail system and noticed the sign; a re-route would have added some mileage through town and reduced single track/trail miles by a decent amount so I decided to keep the network in the loop. Probably not the smartest move but definitely not the dumbest thing I have done.

I refrained from riding a number of trails within that network that I had planned on due to the posted signage and basically just used the system as a path to get to the next trail (with no such signage posted); so I feel I acted within reason and have no regrets. I think additional lock-down measures are more likely to result from the fact that both parking lots to this particular trail system were half-full in spite of the posted signage, but I get your point.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Ya got me. My planned route had me going through that network while enjoying some of its trails on my way to the other side of town. I rode to the parking lot from the first trail system and noticed the sign; a re-route would have added some mileage through town and reduced single track/trail miles by a decent amount so I decided to keep the network in the loop. Probably not the smartest move but definitely not the dumbest thing I have done.

I refrained from riding a number of trails within that network that I had planned on due to the posted signage and basically just used the system as a path to get to the next trail (with no such signage posted); so I feel I acted within reason and have no regrets. I think additional lock-down measures are more likely to result from the fact that both parking lots to this particular trail system were half-full in spite of the posted signage, but I get your point.
Here in Europe (admitted in Germany, but I guess also other countries) they are using the anonymized data of cell phones to gauge of how many obey the lock down. If they do not see enough changes in people's mobility patterns they say they will move towards stricter measures. I guess the US is doing the same. Not sure if they check Strava but they might. If they ask Strava to hand over the data then even the privacy settings won't help.
Not judging, just warning you folks.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Here in Europe (admitted in Germany, but I guess also other countries) they are using the anonymized data of cell phones to gauge of how many obey the lock down. If they do not see enough changes in people's mobility patterns they say they will move towards stricter measures. I guess the US is doing the same. Not sure if they check Strava but they might. If they ask Strava to hand over the data then even the privacy settings won't help.
Not having that on your phone in the first place would prevent that.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Isn't this whole lock down about #socialdistancing? If you're going out by yourself wouldn't the data show that? I mean if you're going on group rides with people that you don't live with then you're an asshole. I don't see the harm in careful solo rides...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Isn't this whole lock down about #socialdistancing? If you're going out by yourself wouldn't the data show that? I mean if you're going on group rides with people that you don't live with then you're an asshole. I don't see the harm in careful solo rides...
some countries have tighter restrictions. i've heard france won't allow you more than 1k from your house, if you are caught there is a fine.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
They don't need Strava - they just use anonymized GPS location info. And let's be honest, who is going to turn that off permanently?
Depends on where you are. In Europe mobile carriers will share that data. In the US they're trying to get Google, Apple, FB etc to share it. Apple most likely will hold out. So if you have an Apple device, and set location services to only be on when you're actively using an app you should be OK.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
some countries have tighter restrictions. i've heard france won't allow you more than 1k from your house, if you are caught there is a fine.
Same here in Argentina. Anyone out of the jobs deemed essential (police/army/medical/groceries/pharmacies/transport) should stay home. If you're caught just wandering around (or running, or cycling for that matter) you'll get a nice fine.

The government hasn't resorted to anymized location data yet, but I've heard they're considering it.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
And the restrictions are DIRECTLY due to assholes being assholes.

And the U.S. has a BUMPER crop of assholes.

So expect a full fucking lock-down in a lot of states like France, Italy, etc.

And expect the assholes to continue being assholes. I just hope the authorities treat them like the assholes they are when the time comes.

Fucking assholes. :rant:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
From what they said, they gather data on movement and do not check how many are close to each other. They apparently only use the network cell data, which is less precise than GPS. So if you stay in the same cell all the time they consider you immobile.
I am always riding solo because I have no friends. :D