Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
So is no one else making dinner and listening to the Bikes And Big Ideas podcast with a certain Yohann Barelli spilling a big-ass can of beans somewhere around 55 mins in?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So is no one else making dinner and listening to the Bikes And Big Ideas podcast with a certain Yohann Barelli spilling a big-ass can of beans somewhere around 55 mins in?
No, that’s why we have you.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Look, you weisenheimers, no. Gonna give your 4 letters to Pat Sajack this shit out: GGDH

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Now I'll actually listen to it. I heard him on the Downtime a week or two prior so figured it'd be a rehash of the same things and didn't listen.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone running a OneUp bashguide on a revved frame?

Got a weird difference between my wife's size 3 and my size 4 Smash, identical builds.

On my bike I have the 2.5mm spacers between the iscg plate and the oneup backplate. This gives a 2.5ish mm gap between the backplate and the chainstay. Zero chainline shims behind the top guide, no rubbing from the chain.

On my wife's bike setup the same with the 2.5mm spacers, the backplate of the guide has almost zero clearance to the chainstay. I removed it today and it's scraped paint from the stay where dirt had got in there. I reinstalled with some spares from another random guide from in my past, I put a single ~1mm washer along with the oneup 2.5mm spacers. The backplate now clears the chainstay, but the chain rubs the top guide when in the two easiest gears.

Image shows the area which the backplate has rubbed.
Capture.JPG

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Anyone running a OneUp bashguide on a revved frame?

Got a weird difference between my wife's size 3 and my size 4 Smash, identical builds.

On my bike I have the 2.5mm spacers between the iscg plate and the oneup backplate. This gives a 2.5ish mm gap between the backplate and the chainstay. Zero chainline shims behind the top guide, no rubbing from the chain.

On my wife's bike setup the same with the 2.5mm spacers, the backplate of the guide has almost zero clearance to the chainstay. I removed it today and it's scraped paint from the stay where dirt had got in there. I reinstalled with some spares from another random guide from in my past, I put a single ~1mm washer along with the oneup 2.5mm spacers. The backplate now clears the chainstay, but the chain rubs the top guide when in the two easiest gears.

Image shows the area which the backplate has rubbed.
View attachment 175961
I had the same issue on my size 3. It had worn away quite a bit of paint by the time I caught it.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
On my size 2 I need a 1mm shim plus the OneUp supplied 2.5mm shims for their chainguide, but with their Bashguide I can just use the 2.5mm shims. It's weird.

Edit: for the chainguide, it was rubbing in the 50t, so I used a Dremel tool to grind out the inside of the guide on that side. No problems with it since I did that 2 years ago.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Is there maybe a bb axle spacer on the drive side of your bike and non drive of your wife’s bike?
But it's the backplate mushing the chainstay is what's confusing. The chainring chainline would help with it now rubbing top guide after I've had to space it out further than on my bike. I might have to take an approach like @Andeh and file away the inside of the top guide.

tonghands

Chimp
Sep 2, 2021
Finally got to take my mullet megatrail out for a real ride. Zomgizz! This thing rules.

Have ridden maybe 4 times in the past 3 years due to eye problems I finally got fixed, so I'm a fat slob and completely out of practice, but I'm pretty sure I was faster on my local trails than ever before. I'm starting to realize I never had a bike that actually fit me before.

Zeb was a bit harsh, need to pull it apart and make sure the negative isn't packed full of grease, maybe try a secus down the road.

20220509_162614.jpg

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Anyone know if the ISCG 05 mount is a "true ISCG 05" mount? I'm looking at getting a Cascade Components guide. I'm having issues with my chain jumping with the OneUp guide when I've got it high enough to clear my chainring's spider.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Anyone know if the ISCG 05 mount is a "true ISCG 05" mount? I'm looking at getting a Cascade Components guide. I'm having issues with my chain jumping with the OneUp guide when I've got it high enough to clear my chainring's spider.
I'm not sure what you mean by "true ISCG 05", but mine has worked fine with the aforementioned OneUp guide and a MRP.

That Cascade guide is pretty slick, and I can see how it avoids the issue with the spider. Out of curiosity, what type of cranks are you running?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I just rode with somebody over the weekend that has exactly that guide on his Gnarvana. He specifically mentioned checking with the Cascase template and the frame was compatible.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I'm not sure what you mean by "true ISCG 05", but mine has worked fine with the aforementioned OneUp guide and a MRP.

That Cascade guide is pretty slick, and I can see how it avoids the issue with the spider. Out of curiosity, what type of cranks are you running?
The "true ISCG 05" is Cascade's terminology, and they don't really get into what makes the mount point "true." I'm guessing it has something to do with rotation of bolt holes and distance from center of BB?

I've been able to move the guide down a few hairs since this photo was taken, but there's still enough space for the chain to jump vertically off the teeth. It doesn't fall off, but it makes awful noises while it tries to reseat on the teeth.
IMG_2468.JPG

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I just rode with somebody over the weekend that has exactly that guide on his Gnarvana. He specifically mentioned checking with the Cascase template and the frame was compatible.
Thanks, perfect!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO

The Cascade guide doesn’t have rotation slots, just 3 bolt holes. The frame ISCG holes have to be clocked per the mounting standard, which ours are.

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
I couldn't use the Cascade guide with the oChain. The oChain rubs on the lower bash.