Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This reminds me I need to go fix the upper guide on my wife's bike after re-shimming to avoid the chainstay...

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Finally got around to throwing together the various parts that combine to create a shred dogg MX build. I had canabalized an alloy megatrail and a trail pistol to build the Gnarvana up. So I pulled together enough bits and pieces to make a full bike. Part of why it took so long was that my Gnarvana really has been outrageously versatile even when riding trails beneath its capabilities. But she needs some suspension service, etc so will get on the mullet bandwagon for a while. Just piddling around I feel like its much easier to wheelie and manual (such as I am able), I expect that slapping certain turns will be easier too. Really looking forward to a few specific turny bits to compare to other bikes I've been on... Soon!

IMG_1912.jpeg

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
IMG_2546.JPG

I took the Megatrail MX for a road trip up to visit a buddy in Ashland OR. It felt like the perfect bike on every trail from groomed flow to alpine singletrack to steep loamers. 1k climbing/2k descending Friday for a warmup, 3.6k climbing/7.8k descending Saturday, and 3.9k climbing & descending Sunday. I never touched the climb switch.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Initial riding mission was a success! Very different from the Gnarvana, way more of a party bike in terms of liveliness and pop when jumping and turning. I found myself further inside on many turns I suspect because I'm used to muscling the big/long Gnarvana around corners (in one instance this resulted in an aggressive tree tackle due to an errant vine hanging just to the side of the trail which grabbed my bar--thankfully no harm done to bike or me). The balance point for me is further forward than the Gnarvana which is pretty happy for me to stay centered so I'm still getting used to the bike. Pretty happy with the build except brake pads are done, will replace my one up pedals with Tenets and kinda miss the Ohlins from the Gnarvana as I ride the old MRP so maybe a different fork someday.

Overall, I think this will be a really fun rig for our local goods, and much more suited to our tighter trails. More to come in a few dozen rides.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
¿dónde?
The one at the top of Apex, above the Enchanted entrance. She was never confident to hit it before on her old trail bike, decided to just follow me off it on Sunday's ride without saying beforehand. Monday she hit it again and said it was even easier the second time.

They've built a little catch berm at the bottom of the runout now, rather than the eroded rock off camber that was there since it was built. I keep pondering how mach chicken I can go off it now :D

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The one at the top of Apex, above the Enchanted entrance. She was never confident to hit it before on her old trail bike, decided to just follow me off it on Sunday's ride without saying beforehand. Monday she hit it again and said it was even easier the second time.

They've built a little catch berm at the bottom of the runout now, rather than the eroded rock off camber that was there since it was built. I keep pondering how mach chicken I can go off it now :D
That's awesome.

I kind of miss that old eroded off camber rock, it was a fun amount of sketch as your rear wheel slid down it and slapped the trail.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I kind of miss that old eroded off camber rock, it was a fun amount of sketch as your rear wheel slid down it and slapped the trail.
Agreed, the off camber rock was the sketchiest/funnest part of the whole thing.

Last edited:

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
View attachment 177160
I took the Megatrail MX for a road trip up to visit a buddy in Ashland OR. It felt like the perfect bike on every trail from groomed flow to alpine singletrack to steep loamers. 1k climbing/2k descending Friday for a warmup, 3.6k climbing/7.8k descending Saturday, and 3.9k climbing & descending Sunday. I never touched the climb switch.
Ashland is my local hill (I live in Grants Pass), and I find my Smash to be the perfect steed for the mountain.

You got to enjoy some stellar soil conditions! Unfortunately I have been tied up in a divorce (moving shit out of the house instead of riding) and haven't yet gotten up on Mt. A since the rainfall. Hoping to get up on the mountain soon.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Hey fellow GG homers, I've got a buddy who is considering an s4 Gnarvana as his next rig. I could swear someone on here lives in western NC and rides one....anyone remember who? Just trying to hook a buddy up with a chance to sit on one for sizing. Thanks!

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Can we make a drinking game where we drink every time YB says beaudy or beautiful.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
View attachment 177160
SOLID

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
So, an extra Marin El Roy (Grande) build was shipped to the shop I work at. I have been looking at this frame as a replacement to the Pedalhead for a while since I would like to rep what we sell, and I also saw it as an opportunity to get into some more aggressive geo that’s a bit closer to my S4 Smash in terms of reach (I’m 6’2” and love my Smash in the Long setting).

I am thinking that I want to move my parts from the Pedalhead over and put all of the new parts from the El Roy on the Pedal head to sell. Well except for the fork, I think Ill keep the Z1 and sell the Pedalhead with Ribbon.

So, any Interest here in my S3 Pedalhead frame/build (old version, non-replaceable dropouts)?

Would becoming with new takeoff parts from the only build that Marin does for the El Roy: https://www.marinbikes.com/bikes/2023-el-roy
ED150473-BCF8-4D93-A2AF-B4412DDD1BD3.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
S4 Smash in terms of reach (I’m 6’2” and love my Smash in the Long setting)
What's your wingspan, stem length and bar width?

I'm 6'2", 40mm stem and 780mm bars and run mine in the short. Not sure I'd want it any longer, but I've never tried the long option.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
What's your wingspan, stem length and bar width?

I'm 6'2", 40mm stem and 780mm bars and run mine in the short. Not sure I'd want it any longer, but I've never tried the long option.
I have a 78" arm span for my 73" height, and I am running a 30mm stem and 800mm bars. Perhaps the somewhat high ape index has something to do with me liking the length and wide bars.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
As some people have already seen, I posted a couple pics in the 2012 Rides thread of a prototype DH bike made by Guerrilla Gravity. We want to get the word out there about what weve done so far and where were headed. I think the monkeys will be stoked on it.

See ya in Shed Town!

happy 10 years, all

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I’ve heard before that bushings do better on lower angle of rotation. The rear Horst pivot doesn’t move much, so makes sense there. I wonder if the upper one on the seat stay is bushing too because that sees a moderate amount of rotation.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I’ve heard before that bushings do better on lower angle of rotation. The rear Horst pivot doesn’t move much, so makes sense there. I wonder if the upper one on the seat stay is bushing too because that sees a moderate amount of rotation.
The upper pivot uses ball bearings. Just the swingarm/seatstay pivot uses bushings, as you said, it just rocks back and forth.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
FWIW My '18 Marin Rift Zone had bushings at the seatstay/chainstay junction and it was at least as good as bearings. In fact, less maintenance and same reliability/performance. On my Meta AM, those tiny bearings almost don't rotate and they end up seizing or being notchy anyway. If it was me, I'd just use bushings there too (but no flexstays please!), so in my opinion, GG's move to bushings in that spot is a positive.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Hopefully this is a move towards being able to custom order the color you want. That's definitively an option my wife would pay extra money for.

I'm hopeful this means revved seat stay kits for other models soon, like before spring.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Hopefully this is a move towards being able to custom order the color you want. That's definitively an option my wife would pay extra money for.

I'm hopeful this means revved seat stay kits for Other models soon, like before spring.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And far better for the lateral. Specialized had some wonky ass setup on my old Enduro where you couldn't even get the ball bearings off with a blind puller, you had to replace the entire seat-stay. The turner bushings were great...but required very high machining precision. That way you could get two similar horst-looking bikes, my Azonic and my Turner, and have radically different lateral rigidity.