Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Someone was asking, and I thought it was a good question, is there a non-Enduro "6901 SM Max" choice for aftermarket? This appears to not be a standard 6901, but 12.7ID instead of 12.0 and has a "hat/lip" on the inner race that protrudes further than the bearing. It's the "SM" part. In other words, it looks to be proprietary to Enduro/GG. Can GG confirm or is there an equivalent designation for this bearing in the industrial bearing market or non-Enduro option?

Planning to change my bearings this winter, so interested to know.

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Enduro is the only company I know about that sells those. The longevity on those is pretty good, they typically outlive the rest of the bearings in the frame, fwiw.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
uh oh

Wesson brings more than 20 years of engineering and senior management experience, most recently leading Giro Sport Design as Vice President and General Manager. Wesson was responsible for leading the Giro team in launching many new, innovative and groundbreaking products such as the Synthe, Air Attack, and Switchblade helmets

And even bigger uh oh

Additionally, Wesson helped guide Giro through an acquisition into a Public Company.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
uh oh

Wesson brings more than 20 years of engineering and senior management experience, most recently leading Giro Sport Design as Vice President and General Manager. Wesson was responsible for leading the Giro team in launching many new, innovative and groundbreaking products such as the Synthe, Air Attack, and Switchblade helmets

And even bigger uh oh

Additionally, Wesson helped guide Giro through an acquisition into a Public Company.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'm confused. So is Revved a separate company from GG?

I just assumed "revved" was what GG called their crabon frame manufacturing process.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm confused. So is Revved a separate company from GG?

I just assumed "revved" was what GG called their crabon frame manufacturing process.
it started that way but then they set up revved industries as a parent company that owns the IP. or something along those lines.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
it started that way but then they set up revved industries as a parent company that owns the IP. or something along those lines.
And revved trying to do aerospace work iirc. So it's probably like colt splitting their pistol and rifle business into separate companies so they only needed to get rifles ISO compliant to get us gov contacts.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Funny how we've basically went back to the same air shock idea...I remember when even XC bikes came with good old coils. And they were supple.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
You should add a weight weenies trigger warning when posting stuff like that!
Why? An AMP B5 with F4 fork (both coil) is probably still lighter than any modern XC bike. How long it lasts is another story, but that is not important to a weight weenie anyway. :D

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Why? An AMP B5 with F4 fork (both coil) is probably still lighter than any modern XC bike. How long it lasts is another story, but that is not important to a weight weenie anyway. :D
A buddy of mine had and AMP with linkage fork and I had the Mongoose Amplifier (their licenced version). Both bikes used plastic bushings instead of bearings or sintered bushings. and both were easily the flexiest bikes I've ridden.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
A buddy of mine had and AMP with linkage fork and I had the Mongoose Amplifier (their licenced version). Both bikes used plastic bushings instead of bearings or sintered bushings. and both were easily the flexiest bikes I've ridden.
You clearly never rode early generations of titanium frames. Front derailleur chain rub and crankset touching stays under sprinting was common. Thankfully square taper BBs made it possible to space the cranks out enough to make it work. :sarcastic:
The few times I test rode it, I always liked the F4 fork. Still looking for one with carbon legs to throw on a retro build.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
So my cane creek DH inline air broke on my trail pistol. It feels like the damper rod broke or came disconnected from the piston, it has basically no rebound damping and on rapid hits has no compression falling for the beginning of the travel. Guess that explains the weird noise the bike has been making.
I wasn’t very happy with it to begin with, I was running 18% sag, a full volume spacer, and the hsc 1/2 turn from full closed. And it was still blowing through the travel pretty easy on big hits, but not that but since the dvo saphire fork at 30% sag no volume spacers and the hsc 1click from full open performs as I’d like. Also I can’t find a mix of rebound settings that feel good pumping, don’t try to ejector seat me on jumps, and track well on rapid bumps down hill. It actually felt the best in the case on the ride that it broke, ha.

I’m thinking I should replace it with a coil, maybe pick up a used super deluxe ultimate and have it avalanched. Is there a spring rate chart or calculation for the frame?

Last edited: