Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Wow.

Well, my experience with GG has been positive. I used to tell the riding bros that if I had an issue with my GG, I'd just take it down to them, and they'd take care of me. No questions. I'm local, of course.

But same can be said for Commencal, who now has an HQ here. I was coming down from the mountains and they are right on the route for pretty much everybody (I-70) and I did the same thing. "Hey, there's some play in the rear suspension. Fix it please." And they did. Like within 20 minutes. FFS that's awesome!

So back to GG. They already have an established operating model, employees, etc. The thing should/could just run itself. Why not just keep it going? And also invest into the next best thing? Unless there's crap going on with the bike industry model....? IDK...

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
there's crap going on with the capitalism model

the gg you got annoyed with is not the gg you grew up with

like literally different people
I don't know. I haven't talked to Matt or Will in a while. Or anybody there for that matter in years. So not sure. Still got the GG emails, but haven't seen one in a while. Perhaps that is telling. Like Stuhlman said, the communication thing. Hmmm...

I can't really blame capitalism. It's a thing. It's just how you use the thing that matters. IMO

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
so is butt cancer, equally as beneficial and useful in the long term

just know that none of the ill communication has to do with matt and crew

they haven't been there for months
Wow. I said it again.

So, like, what are they doing then? And please don't say butt surgery.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
it's matt, not sam bankman fried
So he didn't do money laundering for political figures. That sucks I was hoping he was doing some cool shit hanging with elites, not visiting Epstein Island but for sure has a gaggle of sex slaves while flying around the world on one of his 4 Gulfstreams......

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
this thread is a trip. Who knew a fledgling bike company would make it big then go tits up? that literally never happens. I at least hope somebody got rich while they "exited".

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
:stupid:

I has the sadz. The Smash is the best bike I've ever owned. I still really want a Pedalhead.
Of course (Murphy's Law) the boutique brand I settle on closes shop a week after my N+1 delivery day, which I suppose is better than a week BEFORE my N+1 day.

Too they forgot the seat collar bolt and they just mailed a replacement a few days ago, so they're still shipping things out.

I suppose the only parts I'm worried about is the funky geo-adjust headset spacer which seems proprietary, after market bearings less so...

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I'm not expecting my The Smash to implode the minute an official announcement is made so I'll ride it for the 4 or 5 more years I planned to anyway, and then get whatever next 36/29 mullet GravDurDownAil bike everyone is rubbing their tits about.

(Still ordering whatever spare bits I can get my hands on. Frame hardware kits are sold out.)

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
When Matt told me that making carbon frames & swingarms for Surrons would be a losing proposition I wish he'd known the company was gonna go under anyway. We could have had sweet carbon e-motos and the investors would be out a little more money. Lesson learned, always make risky moves cause you'll probably die anyway.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Sad. A small company who hand welded aluminum bikes in a garage did a 180 from anti carbon to we are gonna outsmart the industry carbon production? Should have stuck to the identity that built the brand, reasonably affordable aluminum bikes built for riders by riders.
I'd take aluminum over carbon every single time, especially when the carbon bike is heavy, expensive and in most cases still half aluminum.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
You say that but they wouldn’t have even be on my radar without the revved carbon. And that probably goes for a lot of people.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You say that but they wouldn’t have even be on my radar without the revved carbon. And that probably goes for a lot of people.
Also won't be on anyone's radar when the ship sinks or no one knows whats going on.

1693925971266.png

Its great the CTO has been able to take time off and has left for greener pastures. But is the CEO, COO, POO, COA, CFO, Directors of xxx still in the loop or are they still out to lunch?

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
No Monday morning quarterbacking from me. I've had a GG/DH, OG megatrail, V2 megatrail, trail pistol, shred-dogg MX and Gnarvana. I've genuinely loved them all and feel like each has been a step forward for me and for bikes. It's been a fucking fantastic ride and I've had so much fun as a part of the GG family. Sad to see it end but look forward to many more rides on my Gnarvana and Shred-dogg.

Cannot thank Matt and Co. enough. Hope they kick ass at whatever they do next.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No Monday morning quarterbacking from me. I've had a GG/DH, OG megatrail, V2 megatrail, trail pistol, shred-dogg MX and Gnarvana. I've genuinely loved them all and feel like each has been a step forward for me and for bikes. It's been a fucking fantastic ride and I've had so much fun as a part of the GG family. Sad to see it end but look forward to many more rides on my Gnarvana and Shred-dogg.

Cannot thank Matt and Co. enough. Hope they kick ass at whatever they do next.
my OG MT is still going....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sad. A small company who hand welded aluminum bikes in a garage did a 180 from anti carbon to we are gonna outsmart the industry carbon production? Should have stuck to the identity that built the brand, reasonably affordable aluminum bikes built for riders by riders.
I'd take aluminum over carbon every single time, especially when the carbon bike is heavy, expensive and in most cases still half aluminum.
My assumption is that it wasn't the carbon that did them in, it was the growth. They went from a cool, niche MTB brand, to a more affordable, handmade, USA carbon bike brand, to the only place you could get a bike during COVID, to this. Perhaps it was the slowdown post-COVID, maybe it was some sort of partnership gone awry, I'm not in the know enough to know, but I hope that the original founders (who were quite active on this board) find something that is equally rewarding and get the opportunity to shitpost here again.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I'm half paying attention to this, but is it not just an example of an entrepreneur coming up with a business and cashing out? Seems reasonable...

I imagine that there are more profitable ways to apply one's smarts than making bikes.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'm half paying attention to this, but is it not just an example of an entrepreneur coming up with a business and cashing out? Seems reasonable...

I imagine that there are more profitable ways to apply one's smarts than making bikes.
Thats my assumption as well. A venture capitalist recognized you can use Revved crabon to make indestructible dildos and sell them for real profit margins. So they offered Matt and the other equity owners a sizeable payout - we should all be so lucky.

In the end, I just hope the lucky buyer makes so much money she builds a giant Revved dildo yacht to tool around Lake Tahoe on and surrounds @kidwoo 's edifice with Teslas and electric snow blowers.