Quantcast

Guess Mt Snow doesn't want fans this year...

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Been 5 years since I've raced downhill but we've still gone every year for the past 10 to the Nationals or NORBA series to watch all the local talent even though the number of top pros dwindles each year. My 8 year old son loves it and has been every year since he was born. Was planning on it this for the Kenda East but just called to book a room at our staple: Snow Lake Lodge and apparently the entire lodge has been reserved by some company for a corporate outing!

The Snow Lake Lodge is no dream resort but it has character and has been 90% occupied by Mountain Bike Racers every year for the big race weekend but not this year. My son's going to be crushed since going to the Snow Lake lodge is as much fun as watching the races so it's not worth paying more for the Grand Summit.

Absolutely ridiculous. This will definitely hurt attendance. On the Mount Snow Website it says:

"On August 7,8,9 we will welcome the world back to Mount Snow as we host the first ever Mount Snow Mountain Bike Festival"

They should add some Semisonic lyrics to that:

"you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.":blink:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
We stay at the grand summit every mount snow race. A 1 bed studio with a queen murphy bed and a kitchenette is $100. Great deal for what you get.

The Grand Summit has a couple of cool fri/sat.sun day/night things that always go on. Last weekend on Saturday night there was an exotic animal show that we went to, (more for the kids but we were bored) smores saturday night and a few other really cool things to keep the kids entertained. The pool and hot tub is a great time, the arcade, etc are good selling points.

Sorry to hear that it will be a deal breaker for you but in my mind it shouldn't be.

I am fairly certain that attendance is going to hurt because the hotel is booked, there are plenty of other nice places on the mountain or around West Dover.

Last edited:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
it is ok to charge $10 per day to park, but if you can not stay at the snow lake lodge all bets are off :stop::cray::nope::drag::fie::boss:

edit: all these new smilies are awesome and since i could not decide which of them to use I decided to use all that apply

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I've been racing that place since '93 and it's a real shame. The mountain is great and many seem to try, but they can't get their act together. They do it to themselves by charging for every little thing and making it such an inconvenience in cost, parking and places to stay.

Free parking, affordable summer lodging, a shuttle to the condos and lodges would really help.

two years ago I reserved a room at snow lake lodge, but had to cancel due to a fellow rider's injury. I ended up going there a the last minute w/no reservation and the room was actually 10$ a night less without a reservation!!! Things like that really leaves a bad taste.

I hope Wyndham can do a better job, although I dought they have a better mountain.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can understand your frustration, but I can assure you that Snow didn't do this kind of thing deliberately. I'm sure they were aware that some riders/spectators wouldn't wanna pony up for a different lodge, but they are looking at it from a business perspective. And a corporate event is big money for Snow.

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT
We stay at the grand summit every mount snow race. A 1 bed studio with a queen murphy bed and a kitchenette is $100. Great deal for what you get.
oh, so unexperienced.....

nordic hills lodge, a homely feeling, 110 dollars, sleeps 5 (do the math), pool, hot tub, hose and garage for bikes, cookies and ice tea when ever you want it, and the most incredible made to order all you can eat breakfast included.... did i mention they do your stinky dirty laundry for race day???

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO

nordic hills lodge, a homely feeling, 110 dollars, sleeps 5 (do the math), pool, hot tub, hose and garage for bikes, cookies and ice tea when ever you want it, and the most incredible made to order all you can eat breakfast included.... did i mention they do your stinky dirty laundry for race day???
The wife and I don't need that, that is why we do the studio.

Plus it is close and we leave the car in the lot and ride right to the lift.

If we had more people then that place would be sick.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

Bruce and Kate for the MF'in win!

Where else can you walk around ****faced and play with 100's of duck statues?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
It's the weirdest **** I've ever seen, but when you're 10-12 beers deep you start to feel like you're in a fairy tale.

That was the same night your face was still half-paralyzed from lyme disease! It was also the same night I knocked down a wall of handmade crafts. Nordic Hills is too pure to become mainstream. We shouldn't be discussing it here :stop: