Quantcast

Guide fitment on Ibis Mojo HD

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hi all,
I recently had the time to go over guide fitment with one of the new Ibis Mojo HD rigs. With a little bit of fiddling I successfully rigged up a DRS, SRS+ and LG1+ and here are the results.

There are a few details with the setup that I would also like to point out. The super dropped chainstay requires the WIDE angle of the LG1+/SRS+ for fitment. This would mean that the new LS1+ and SS+ will not offer optimal performace, although they will physically fit. With a 68mm bottom bracket shell, the bottom bracket ISCG-05 adapter will need to be on the outside of the setup. The following picture uses a modified adapter in the innermost position to clear the downtube and main pivot.

The SRS+ also fits, and would be the better option if you use your bashguard often (log crossings and the like).

The DRS requires a little bit of a special setup, so if anyone is interested feel free to email me and I can walk through the steps I used. Most of this info would also likely apply to the other Ibis rigs, as there is quite a bit of similarity between them. Thanks again to DW for letting me rip around in the snow. :headbang:

Cheers,
philip

Last edited:

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
In order to get a good chainline, I needed to use a 1mm spacer on the inside and a 1.5 mm spacer on the outside of the LG1+ chainguide. If I used a 2.5mm spacer on the inside, the chainring and lower roller were visibily off, with the roller being on the outside of the chainring.

Nowadays smaller spacers are getting harder to find, so this is just an FYI.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Why not just put a 2.5mm spacer outside of the guide and a 1mm spacers between the guide and the adapter plate?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That would be one mmm longer than the crnak/bb setup is designed for.
Reread my post. I'm not talking about more than 5mm of total spacers on the BB. 2.5mm spacer outside of the adapter plate. 3 1mm washer on each of the 3 bolts between the GUIDE and the ADAPTER PLATE. No uncommon parts. The guide comes with washers for that very purpose.

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
Reread my post. I'm not talking about more than 5mm of total spacers on the BB. 2.5mm spacer outside of the adapter plate. 3 1mm washer on each of the 3 bolts between the GUIDE and the ADAPTER PLATE. No uncommon parts. The guide comes with washers for that very purpose.
After re-reading your post, it is clear that your wording is ambiguous. Nonetheless, the issue is that the adapter plate will hit the frame if there is not at least 1mm of spacers on the bb between the adapter and frame.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That makes sense.

Sounds like Phil just did what I said and dremmeled the adapter plate to clear though.

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
That makes sense.

Sounds like Phil just did what I said and dremmeled the adapter plate to clear though.
Phil probably did that. I was a little concerned about grinding the adapter down given that there are not that many threads to begin with. But, I was probably overly paranoid.