Quantcast

Guidepicker 2.0 User Feedback

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hi all,
This thread is for posting up any frame(s) you may have/want that are not currently listed on Guide Picker 2.0. We want GP 2.0 to be the most extensive frame database ever, and with your help we can make it possible.

If you are looking for fit information on a model that is not in our database,
Here is the (loose) posting format:

Bike Model Year:
Bike Brand:
Bike Frame Model:

If you don't have the frame yet and are wondering what fits, feel free to post as well. We do what we can to make sure your rig gets running smoothly and properly, and your contribution can help many others looking for a similar setup.

If you have personally successfully fit up an e*thirteen system to a bike that is not yet in our database, we would love to hear about it! As long as the information is detailed enough, we'll add it to the Guide Picker 2.0. Any confirmed fitups can be posted in this loose format:

CONFIRMED SETUP
Bike Model Year:
Bike Brand:
Bike Frame Model:

Any pictures that you can include would be most helpful!

Guide Picker 2.0

Cheers,
philipw and the rest of the e*thirteen crew :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
I already purchased my SRS+ (I had to hope that it would fit - it did), but it'd be nice if this was added for others...

Bike Model Year: 2007 and earlier
Bike Brand: Sinister
Bike Frame Model: R9

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
You're missing some of this
Model Year: 2009/2010
Brand : Banshee

Frame : Rune
Frame : Spitfire
Frame : Pyre
Frame :Wildcard
Frame :Legend

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Bike Model Year: 2008 (and 2009 and 2010...)
Bike Brand: Zumbi
Bike Frame Model: F-44
It has no tabs but I just put an LG1+ on mine and it seems to work perfectly.

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
Hi everyone,
First off, thank you to everyone who has already contributed to the database.
Along with the frame model/M-year, if you could also add which e*thirteen guide system you are currently using or have tried on that particular frame model it would be most helpful.

Cheers!, DJ :pirate:

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
I'd custom fit a Lg1 on a Black Market Riot and on a Mob, the back plate/boomerang hit the chain-stays, I'd file the plate enough to clear that, and it did work perfect after that. did the same thing for a 04 Kona Cowan but with a DRS.
never had problems with any of the systems after I did the little customization.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Bike Model Year:2008
Bike Brand: Foes
Bike Frame Model: DHS 2:1 Mono

i know it wont work, but would be nice to know if someone got something of yours to fit.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I'd custom fit a Lg1 on a Black Market Riot and on a Mob, the back plate/boomerang hit the chain-stays, I'd file the plate enough to clear that, and it did work perfect after that. did the same thing for a 04 Kona Cowan but with a DRS.
never had problems with any of the systems after I did the little customization.

[/IMG]
If you happen to have pictures, would you mind sending us some info on your mods over e-mail?

Thanks for the help!

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Bike Model Year: 2008 (and 2009 and 2010...)
Bike Brand: Zumbi
Bike Frame Model: F-44
It has no tabs but I just put an LG1+ on mine and it seems to work perfectly.
Thanks!

Any pictures?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Bike Model Year: 2003
Bike Brand: Iron Horse
Bike Frame Model: SGS WC DH
and
Bike Model Year: 2006
Bike Frame Model: DHS Mono
I actually have both a 2003 and 2004 SGS here and all of the e*thirteen guides, DRS, SRS, LG1, SRS+, and LG1+ fit perfectly. Anything e*thirteen will bolt to this bike! The 2003 and 2004 SGS are ISCG old standard.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Bike Model Year:2008
Bike Frame Model: DHS 2:1 Mono

i know it wont work, but would be nice to know if someone got something of yours to fit.
IMO Foes is being a little silly with thier idea that nothing else will fit. I put a DRS on my old (04 IIRC) Fly no problems, no mods. Foes swore up and down that nothing would fit except their own guide...total BS.

Seems like if one had a little inginuity and a dremmel or file, you can get just about any modern guide on any frame.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Bike Model Year: 2010
Bike Brand: Trek
Bike Frame Model: Remedy 7-8-9.8-9.9

These run the old ISCG tabs. Maybe a DRS and a SRS can be listed on E13? Thanks, EC

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
IMO Foes is being a little silly with thier idea that nothing else will fit. I put a DRS on my old (04 IIRC) Fly no problems, no mods. Foes swore up and down that nothing would fit except their own guide...total BS.

Seems like if one had a little inginuity and a dremmel or file, you can get just about any modern guide on any frame.
the DRS is a little easier to accommodate because it is basically just a e-type mount that sits below the swingarm.
the problem with using a DH specific chain guide is that the BB sits too far inboard of the swingarm b/c of the pivot placement and the upper guide plate would interfere with the swingarm....which is why they always had a custom MRP upper guide that either screwed into the frame or into the pivot bolt.
thankfully on the new RS7, they are finally using a ISCG tabs (mine didnt.)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Bike Model Year: 2010
Bike Brand: Banshee
Bike Frame Model: Spitfire

LG1+ fits great, with a 32t ring on XT M760 cranks. Used one of the thicker black spacers to get proper alignment, and am running the guide in the regular width position. Clears everything nicely, and didn't even need to grind the granny tabs on the cranks to clear the backplate. Excellent fit.

Edit: an older SRS also fit fine, but I don't remember spacer setup or anything for that.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Also, the SST fits well on a Ragley Blue Pig, with a BB mount adapter. And the SRS fits only OK on a Draco Vigilante, took a little milling of the lower roller cage to make it fit. But since I have the only remaining Vigilante in the world, nobody else cares. :D