Quantcast

guinness question

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
i believe reading somewhere it lets air into the beer when you pour it, thus making it taste like more it is from the tap

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Get your Guinness in the bottle if you can, tastes much better without the overgassing it gets from the widget. It doesn't need to be ice cold either.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Guiness is so thick that you have hops in your teeth after you drink it. Therefor this beer can be considered a vegetable, which is good for you.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
After finishing my guinness I found there is a white ball in the can. What is the ball for.... besides playing beer pong?
The ball is filled with CO2. It provides a better head when poured from the can. It activates when you open the can and releases CO2 throughout the first pour.
The ball is also fun to throw at people as hard as you can. It hurts!!!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
The ball is filled with CO2. It provides a better head when poured from the can. It activates when you open the can and releases CO2 throughout the first pour.
The ball is also fun to throw at people as hard as you can. It hurts!!!
It's nitrogen. I hate the taste of nitrogen.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
It's nitrogen. I hate the taste of nitrogen.
Nitrogen is odorless and tasteless. Also air is about 80% nitrogen, I don't see why they would use pure nitrogen (kinda like the nitrogen scam at some tire stores).

edit-I suppose the oxygen in the air could eventually spoil the beer if it escapes from the bubble vs pure nitrogen

Last edited:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Nitrogen is odorless and tasteless. Also air is about 80% nitrogen, I don't see why they would use pure nitrogen (kinda like the nitrogen scam at some tire stores).

edit-I suppose the oxygen in the air could eventually spoil the beer if it escapes from the bubble vs pure nitrogen
It is Nitrogen that's why you can make a black and tan.

Nitrogen makes it lighter but also dissipates faster so the beer goes flat quicker.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

The only thing I hate more than nitrogen is carbon dioxide. That crap is foul, why anyone would deliberately put that in a beer is beyond me.