Quantcast

guitar players...i need some advice

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i am looking for a place online where i can get a ballpark figure on the value of my guitar. a guy offered me quite a bit of money for it last night at a bluegrass jam i was playing at. it is and alvarez acoustic built and signed in three spots by Kazuo Yairi. 1986 model DY 66. there are none on e-bay so i cant start there.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Your local guitar shop should have a little blue book that lists values based on condition, etc. I forget what they call the book. They use it to get estimates for retail value, shop prices, whatever on used guitars.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
biggins said:
i am looking for a place online where i can get a ballpark figure on the value of my guitar. a guy offered me quite a bit of money for it last night at a bluegrass jam i was playing at. it is and alvarez acoustic built and signed in three spots by Kazuo Yairi. 1986 model DY 66. there are none on e-bay so i cant start there.
did you try doing a previously sold search on ebay? sometimes you can find stuff that sold in the recent past that was similar to your item!

if not do you have a reputable guitar shop around you? they could help with the ballpark figure!!! you may be able to search the net for a guitar bluebook (which is what the shop will use in most cases)

good luck, let us know what you find out!