Quantcast

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
turn in your guns for your entitled children's sake then.

even the children of responsible gun owners have a way of getting hold of them.
Got kids Steve? Have any concern about turning over a better planet and society than you inherited to them? Or are you simply satisfied with maintaining a woefully inadequate status quo?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
even the children of responsible gun owners have a way of getting hold of them.
This is one thing that really bugs me about where these debates have gone.

Why do people think that their mental health state today is a guarantee of their mental health state tomorrow?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Got kids Steve? Have any concern about turning over a better planet and society than you inherited to them? Or are you simply satisfied with maintaining a woefully inadequate status quo?
no, i do not have kids.

i do not own a gun nor will i ever feel the need to own one.

i have no problem getting rid of guns.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Yeah...one minority among them. Who else ya got?
Sorry to disrupt your blanket statement with a fact. Back to your regularly scheduled self loathing.

Aurora, sandy hook and FL we’re all done by people we’ll documented as having gone off the rails but not treated.

Klebold was textbook psychopath and Harris was just a sheep follower.

It’s certainly not surprising the ‘everyone gets a ribbon’ generation can’t handle reality. Yet nobody seems interested in why these kids are shooting up their own classmates, because feelings will be hurt in the process. So much easier to create a boogeyman.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sorry to disrupt your blanket statement with a fact.
Fucking Statistics, how do they work?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/us/mass-murderers.html
Dr. Michael Stone, a New York forensic psychiatrist, found that about half of the 200 mass murderers he had studied had no clear evidence of mental illness before the attacks. About a quarter displayed signs of depression and psychopathy.

It’s not clear that access to mental health care would have prevented violence. Elliot O. Rodger saw several therapists before he killed six people in Isla Vista, Calif., in May 2014. His therapists disagreed on the nature of his mental disorders.

Adam Lanza, who killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012, had received years of counseling from psychiatrists and psychologists. Though he had Asperger’s syndrome, a mild form of autism that does not suggest violent behavior, he had never been found to have any mental illness that would.
edit: In b4 "libtard cuck new york times pussy hats #MAGA"

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Don’t ask the media that.

‘The Parkland shooting last month has energized student activists, who are angry and frustrated over gun violence. But it's also contributed to the impression that school shootings are a growing epidemic in America.

In truth, they're not.‘

Cue the ‘murderer, racist, militiaman’......

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
@dan-o

Dude, from where I and a lot of other people sit, YOU are mentally disturbed.
You seem to have a very unhealthy fascination with implements of death.
You do not seem to care or realize the danger of having huge numbers of devices that are designed to do nothing other than kill easily accessible.
Please turn in your toys and seek professional help.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
100 years ago children could buy guns and ammo at the general store. Our access to guns is already multitudes more restricted than it used to be. Yet, back then, when access to weapons was practically unrestricted and kids were taught guns as a fundamental component of life, kids didn't commit acts of senseless violence. For fucks sake, its not access to guns and their magazine capacity thats at issue here. Its these idiots idea's which involve a desire to commit senseless acts of violence.

Those of us in rural communities use guns as tools to protect our livelihoods and families. Why would I give up a tool which can dispatch an aggresive dog at a safe distance? Oh, better to call the authorities and let them handle it. LOL

I am telling you, we are becoming a nation of pacified sheep.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Before we go around taking away the 2nd amendment we should be taking a hard look at WHY these acts of senseless violence are committed. Not HOW they are committed. Its all relative, take the gun away and people will just switch their means to inflict harm.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@dan-o

You do not seem to care or realize the danger of having huge numbers of devices that are designed to do nothing other than kill easily accessible.
Agreed. We do have a serious mental health problem in this country. There is something clearly off with anyone who is obsessed with tools of death and vehemently defends their right to own weapons of war.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm about to fill up my logical fallacy bingo card! Unless this is a blackout round?

Maybe we should ban airplanes too?
Please tell me this is an argument the gun crowd is really using. After you spend thousands of hours of time and money, pass the background checks, get your private gun, multi-gun, commercial gun, turbine gun, type gun ratings, pass the yearly and revocable physical and mental heath screenings, you might be allowed to temporarily operate what ever the gun equivalent to one of the most boring and generic airframe types ever built is. Also, don't forget to keep up and be knowledgeable on the giant stack of, and ever expanding, Code of Federal Regulations.

In case you didn't know, a lot of work goes into making sure airplanes don't kill people instead of designing them to kill people. It is slight, but there is a difference there.
Chemtrail juice is expensive, yo! Can't just be wasting that shit in a smoking hole somewhere.

100 years ago children could buy guns and ammo at the general store. Our access to guns is already multitudes more restricted than it used to be. Yet, back then, when access to weapons was practically unrestricted and kids were taught guns as a fundamental component of life, kids didn't commit acts of senseless violence. For fucks sake, its not access to guns and their magazine capacity thats at issue here. Its these idiots idea's which involve a desire to commit senseless acts of violence.
Are they also getting on your lawn? Eating all your tide pods?

Given that:
Don’t ask the media that.
I'd like to see some statistics or studies that back up the claim that "kids today" are somehow more violent than their predecessors. Perhaps my google fu is weak, as I was able to find lots of historic stats about crimes against kids, but very little/none on crimes committed by kids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

Edit: WTF roflcopter, y u no spin? I blame @MMike. :mad:

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm about to fill up my logical fallacy bingo card! Unless this is a blackout round?

Please tell me this is an argument the gun crowd is really using. After you spend thousands of hours of time and money, pass the background checks, get your private gun, multi-gun, commercial gun, turbine gun, type gun ratings, pass the yearly and revocable physical and mental heath screenings, you might be allowed to temporarily operate what ever the gun equivalent to one of the most boring and generic airframe types ever built is. Also, don't forget to keep up and be knowledgeable on the giant stack of, and ever expanding, Code of Federal Regulations.

Chemtrail juice is expensive, yo! Can't just be wasting that shit in a smoking hole somewhere.

Are they also getting on your lawn? Eating all your tide pods?

Given that:

I'd like to see some statistics or studies that back up the claim that "kids today" are somehow more violent than there predecessors. Perhaps my google fu is weak, as I was able to find lots of historic stats about crimes against kids, but very little/none on crimes committed by kids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

Edit: WTF roflcopter, y u no spin? I blame @MMike. :mad:

When you outlaw logic, then only the outlaws will have logic.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@Pesqueeb Deep breaths, deep breaths. I know you live in an urban area as do the majority of the population.

Out in the country we have all manner of wild, feral, abandoned, etc... critters everywhere. They eat and kill my pets and crops and destroy my property. The only way to stop them is to remove them. You want me to poison these things and spread the poison to other wild critters? The gun is the perfect tool to utilize. They have served in this capacity since their invention.

Any object used to inflict harm on another us technically a weapon of war. Haven't you heard of the tactical shovel??

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
@dan-o

Hi Canada, please STFU and take your keystone pipeline back.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
In case you didn't know, a lot of work goes into making sure airplanes don't kill people instead of designing them to kill people. It is slight, but there is a difference there.
And guns don’t go bang by themselves either.
It takes deliberate action to overcome the layers of safety devices found on any modern firearm.
Dangerous things are dangerous. News at 11.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Agreed. We do have a serious mental health problem in this country. There is something clearly off with anyone who is obsessed with tools of death and vehemently defends their right to own weapons of war.
So talking about guns in a gun thread makes one obsessed?
Bonus points to you for use of ‘tools of death’ and ‘weapons of war’ in a single sentence.
You’re one step closer to winning Parkland bingo.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And guns don’t go bang by themselves either.
It takes deliberate action to overcome the layers of safety devices found on any modern firearm.
Dangerous things are dangerous. News at 11.
Other things that are dangerous: artillery, hand grenades, dynamite, nerve agents, fuel oil and fertilizer, nuclear weapons, leaded gas, lead based paint, lawn darts, water bottles with BPA, arsenic. The difference with that stuff is I can't go buy it at the local Wally World.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Other things that are dangerous: artillery, hand grenades, dynamite, nerve agents, fuel oil and fertilizer, nuclear weapons, leaded gas, lead based paint, lawn darts, water bottles with BPA, arsenic. The difference with that stuff is I can't go buy it at the local Wally World.
Processed food, alcohol, cigarettes, hi-ten bicycle frames are all available at Walmart and kill more people than guns annually.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I was just waiting for police in Austin TX to arm the law abiding "good' citizens with bombs, because the only thing that will stop a bad white guy with bombs is a good white guy with a bomb.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
@Pesqueeb Deep breaths, deep breaths. I know you live in an urban area as do the majority of the population.

Out in the country we have all manner of wild, feral, abandoned, etc... critters everywhere. They eat and kill my pets and crops and destroy my property. The only way to stop them is to remove them. You want me to poison these things and spread the poison to other wild critters? The gun is the perfect tool to utilize. They have served in this capacity since their invention.

Any object used to inflict harm on another us technically a weapon of war. Haven't you heard of the tactical shovel??
And you need an AR-15 to do this?

How many times has your pet been eaten?

Name one animal you have to kill that requires a semi-auto military grade rifle.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Processed food, alcohol, cigarettes, hi-ten bicycle frames are all available at Walmart and kill more people than guns annually.

I've never heard of someone getting killed by someone else with a cheeseburger. Again your logic doesn't work. Getting shot is not a choice, everything you listed is. Well except in the case of suicide, but you don't need something with a 30 round clip to pull that off.

I hope you don't make life decisions based on the reasoning demonstrated here. But I'm going to guess you actually know better but will tsat about anything to support your POV.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was just waiting for police in Austin TX to arm the law abiding "good' citizens with bombs, because the only thing that will stop a bad white guy with bombs is a good white guy with a bomb.

They should just give everyone on an airplanes box cutters, cheaper than the TSA.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So talking about guns in a gun thread makes one obsessed?
No of course not.

I'll put it this way. And it is not a direct quote, but paraphrasing what a friend told me. He took a pic of a magazine rack at a local grocery store that showed the staggering number of gun titles to show to his colleagues in Europe who just can't believe how nuts this country is when it come to guns. He too says we have a sick obsession with firearms in the US. And the argument for a "well regulated militia" to protect us from a tyrannical government is ridiculous given some of the newer military technology and it's accuracy. But that's probably a different discussion.

And before you start telling me that's cute and all about my friend, and how much training you have, and I don't know what I'm talking about, my buddy knows his shit better than the rest, he's retired Navy SEAL.

I do, however, commend you on taking gun safety and responsibility seriously and acquiring training.

Bonus points to you for use of ‘tools of death’ and ‘weapons of war’ in a single sentence.
You’re one step closer to winning Parkland bingo.
Fuck You !

Deriding those brave kids is nothing but deplorable and speaks to the collective poor mental health of a sizable and extremely vocal segment of our population.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Name one animal you have to kill that requires a semi-auto military grade rifle.
I've lost a dog to coyotes in the last two years. Maggie loved to eat squirrels and rabbits and gophers and all the little critters. The coyotes loathed her game getting abilities. They spent 2 years trying to kill her and finally succeeded late February two winters ago. Her winter coat was impeding her ability to navigate the brush and they caught her.

Besides that the skunks, weasels, dogs, cats, racoons, and everything else are trying to eat my chickens.

The .223 is a great coyote cartridge. I actually don't own any AR style rifles though. Military grade to me is fully automatic. Just cause its painted black and has a fancy flash suppressor / compensater doesnt mean anything relative to its operation. Just like how baffling kids wanting to kill other kids is, how people can make emotional reactions based on the physical appearance of a firearm is beyond me. If you dont understand what your looking at, get educated and then come back and talk (in general, not at you Jm). I do have a semi-auto Ruger 10-22 rifle. It has a 25 round magazine. It works great for killing ground squirrels who fill my apple bin loading area with huge pot holes that bruise fruit. Having quick follow up shots helps me get them little bastards.

Guns are tools. It is the intent of the person holding the trigger that makes the difference. I am lucky to live in the country. I understand my rural existance is not comparable to an urban one.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

There are an estimated 10-15m ARs in the US. Of the 45 ‘mass shootings’ in the US since 1982, 7 have involved ARs.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Someone please explain to me why this country has a higher likelihood and percentage of mass shootings, be they at a school, a military installation or a country music show, than any other on the face of the planet.

It is a multi point failure...

- Too many easily accessible military grade weapons out there.
- A culture that glorifies violence and the use of said weapons.
- A government that has been purchased by an organization that inculcates fear in our citizenry, that is they dont have guns they are un American, that there children will be raped and murdered before their eyes by the Leftist/Marxist/Communist/brown hoards that sit at our borders waiting for us to lay down our arms so they may attack.
- A uninformed populace that believes the shit from above, and refuses to realize that education and good health care provides a better foundation for a strong country than a well stocked armory. This same sector of ignorance clings to one small section of a 200+ year old document that they believe promises them the right to a 300 round per minute phallic substitute. This same sector of ignorance clings to the belief that they need this phallus to defend themselves from the very same government that maintains the most powerful military on the planet.

The logical, reasonable anti gun types do not want to ban or confiscate all weapons...they simply want logical, sane gun laws in place. To include-

1. Ban on high capacity magazines
2. Mandatory background checks and waiting periods. Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear.
3. Regulation of ammo sales
4. Allowing police to temporarily suspend due process and seize weapons from potentially mentally ill subjects who are suspected of planning to commit an assault. Not unlike a 72 hour hold on a mental patient.
5. Logical restrictions on weapons calibers. There is no reason that BillyJoeJimBob needs the ability to shoot down a helicopter with a .50 cal...
6. Liability insurance on weapons. One of the main issues, I feel, is that the average shooter never really thinks about what is on the other end of his muzzle. Never thinks that after he pulls the trigger that he is morally responsible for the damage inflicted by the round that he just dispatched.

Just my thoughts...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Someone please explain to me why this country has a higher likelihood and percentage of mass shootings, be they at a school, a military installation or a country music show, than any other on the face of the planet.

It is a multi point failure...

- Too many easily accessible military grade weapons out there.
- A culture that glorifies violence and the use of said weapons.
- A government that has been purchased by an organization that inculcates fear in our citizenry, that is they dont have guns they are un American, that there children will be raped and murdered before their eyes by the Leftist/Marxist/Communist/brown hoards that sit at our borders waiting for us to lay down our arms so they may attack.
- A uninformed populace that believes the shit from above, and refuses to realize that education and good health care provides a better foundation for a strong country than a well stocked armory. This same sector of ignorance clings to one small section of a 200+ year old document that they believe promises them the right to a 300 round per minute phallic substitute. This same sector of ignorance clings to the belief that they need this phallus to defend themselves from the very same government that maintains the most powerful military on the planet.

The logical, reasonable anti gun types do not want to ban or confiscate all weapons...they simply want logical, sane gun laws in place. To include

1. Ban on high capacity magazines
2. Mandatory background checks and waiting periods. Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear.
3. Regulation of ammo sales
4. Allowing police to temporarily suspend due process and seize weapons from potentially mentally ill subjects who are suspected of planning to commit an assault. Not unlike a 72 hour hold on a mental patient.
5. Logical restrictions on weapons calibers. There is no reason that BillyJoeJimBob needs the ability to shoot down a helicopter with a .50 cal...
6. Liability insurance on weapons. One of the main issues, I feel, is that the average shooter never really thinks about what is on the other end of his muzzle. Never thinks that after he pulls the trigger that he is morally responsible for the damage inflicted by the round that he just dispatched.

Just my thoughts...

Direct weapon liability: If I do not sufficiently control a weapon I own and it is used in a crime, I am fully liable for all crimes committed with it. In other words if i don't lock my shit up and a friend/family member/stranger uses my gun to rob/kill someone, I am just as responsible for the crime as the individual who held the gun.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've lost a dog to coyotes in the last two years. Maggie loved to eat squirrels and rabbits and gophers and all the little critters. The coyotes loathed her game getting abilities. They spent 2 years trying to kill her and finally succeeded late February two winters ago. Her winter coat was impeding her ability to navigate the brush and they caught her.

Besides that the skunks, weasels, dogs, cats, racoons, and everything else are trying to eat my chickens.

The .223 is a great coyote cartridge. I actually don't own any AR style rifles though. Military grade to me is fully automatic. Just cause its painted black and has a fancy flash suppressor / compensater doesnt mean anything relative to its operation. Just like how baffling kids wanting to kill other kids is, how people can make emotional reactions based on the physical appearance of a firearm is beyond me. If you dont understand what your looking at, get educated and then come back and talk (in general, not at you Jm). I do have a semi-auto Ruger 10-22 rifle. It has a 25 round magazine. It works great for killing ground squirrels who fill my apple bin loading area with huge pot holes that bruise fruit. Having quick follow up shots helps me get them little bastards.

Guns are tools. It is the intent of the person holding the trigger that makes the difference. I am lucky to live in the country. I understand my rural existance is not comparable to an urban one.
Understanding what makes a military rifle is not an emotional reaction.

I know exactly what makes an AR-15 a military type weapon. It carries a lot of rounds for combat, because very rarely do 30 coyotes attack you at once and it's even rarer that 60 attack at once, requiring a magazine change. The rounds are relatively lightweight, so you can easily carry around 180 coyote's worth of rounds, or more. Oh, and on that subject of "automatic", it was taught to us in the military that one-shot=one-kill. Why? Because firing something as lightweight as a M-16/M-4/AR-15/CAR-15 on automatic is just throwing away ammo, marksmanship has proven to be far more effective than lightweight weapons that fire on auto, much of the reason that they rescinded the full-auto function and went to 3-round burst, but even that was highly discouraged by every marksmanship instructor. Continuing with what makes it "military-grade", it has sights or optic mounts that allow for quick and rapid engagement of targets at various distances. This is very different than say a hunting rifle. The weapon also has a compact nature that makes it relatively easy to swing between targets at varying distances, but again, it's rare to be faced with multiple 30lb coyotes attacking you from multiple directions. The pistol grip and general shape aids in this. And of course, the .556 round that these are designed to fire is a much higher velocity round than .223, which was intended for a totally different kind of rifle, but then again I'm sure you knew this. You also know that there are other great rounds for coyotes, like .222, etc. The basic idea here is that the AR-15 and variants are specifically made to kill humans and to make it as easy as possible/kill as many as possible as fast as possible. That's combat. It's not because it's painted black.

This isn't specific to just an AR-15 style weapon of course, any military infantry rifle will have similar characteristics to this. The justification for limiting access to these kinds of weapons is the exact same reason we don't make C-4 explosive available to the public. The fact that you can just go buy them in wal-mart is mind-blowing to the rest of the civilized world that doesn't have mass-murder.

Any weapon that is designed to hurt or kill human beings is an assault weapon in my book. That's the textbook definition of assault. I also recognize that some are not designed with this intent. With these, using them for the same purpose (assaulting human beings) is harder, whether it's because you have to cycle your bolt-action or because your target pistol only shoots .22LR, which serves as a deterrent. I'm fine with the 2nd amendment with reasonable limits, but we have gone bat-shit-crazy and supplied military infantry weapons to most of the public, and because people are irrational things given to radically different behaviors and ideas day to day, we are seeing the effects. It's not that we have more crazy people, it's that we give everyone access to these weapons. Think about it for a second, either the rest of the civilized world has freaking solved mental health, like totally solved it, with their universal socialist healthcare, or it's that limiting access to these weapons actually reduces the number of incidents where they are used.

I'm sorry you lost a dog. Nowhere did you justify needing a military rifle prevent this.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Hi Canada, please STFU and take your keystone pipeline back.
I will not shut up as long as your countries sick obsession with guns spills over into providing cheap easy to find weaponry for my countries miscreants. :mad:

Dude, I have no problem with your ability to own a shotgun or a 5 round bolt action hunting rifle. Hell, I'm in my 50's and grew up in the country. Do you actually think I have not been exposed to teh gunz and even <shock> perhaps became fairly competent with a rifle whilst out hunting?
I get it, I understand. And yes they can be fun to unload at a bunch of ferocious killer cans, pumpkins, cardboard and paper.:rockout:

However, the average person has no valid use for a handgun, or any semi-automatic high capacity weapon, outside of military or law enforcement use.

What is your reasoned opinion on why a shotgun (best home defense weapon) or a bolt action rifle are not enough to satisfy the hunter or target shooter. Why do you personally feel you need a handgun or high capacity semi-auto rifle?

BTW -whataboutism is a failed tactic of those who do not have a coherent argument. You can do better.

Come on, Fuck, we send you weed, and you send us guns and coke - we are trying to mellow you all out, but you are trying to rev us up. What's up with that? Seriously not cool dood.:drag::monkey: