Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A few years ago I got curious and looked to see what I could get an AR15 variant for around reno/carson city where the market is pretty saturated. Was like $240 bucks. XTR cranks cost more than that. May be a little different now....
Never thought I‘d own an airgun again but the Chipmunk Invasion changed that. I was somewhat surprised, but not really, at how affordable shooting accessories were. Especially compared to mountain bike gear. You can get the same quality product for a fraction of the price. I guess that’s because there are way more gun nuts than mountain bikers making the demand that much higher.

Basically anyone with a minimum wage job in the US can own a military grade weapon.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
dude, don't shoot them.....teach them to play instruments and cover 50's bubblegum pop songs

Jesse, monster
Lol all ya want, but there is no greater evil in the woods than chipmunks. Four inches of pure adorable Hell capable of destroying your home and car. Left unchecked without predation, then I'd be looking at nuking the little bastards from orbit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I modify bird feeders to keep out birds and make them exclusively accessible to tree rodents.

We had a crew of flying squirrels start to show up at night. Talk about adorable...

I has dog, maybe that keeps them out of the house. I think once car companies (looking at you toyota) figured out how to make wiring not delicious that's not really a thing anymore is it? I see footprints all over the air intake manifold cover of my tacoma but never any sign of mischief.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I modify bird feeders to keep out birds and make them exclusively accessible to tree rodents.

We had a crew of flying squirrels start to show up at night. Talk about adorable...

I has dog, maybe that keeps them out of the house. I think once car companies (looking at you toyota) figured out how to make wiring not delicious that's not really a thing anymore is it? I see footprints all over the air intake manifold cover of my tacoma but never any sign of mischief.

I have befriended a pair of crows by giving them a few crumbs everyday. They have started to bring me gifts, which usually consists of what is left of rats they have eaten. Fair trade IMO.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

After replacing the windshield wiper hoses twice, I used pvc tubing the third time. They can't chew through that stuff.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I fucking hate this shit, this place, and the fact that nothing will be done.

Hey @Changleen - how much does it cost to buy citizenship in NZ?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We just made it a lot easier to come here if you have in-demand skills. Age ceiling went up to 55 for a start.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We just made it a lot easier to come here if you have in-demand skills. Age ceiling went up to 55 for a start.

Let's see... Financial advisor and VP Sales/Marketing. Guess we're useless.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If you are offered a job over $54/hr (not hard in your fields I’d guess) you can pretty much walk in, I understand.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I just filled in the points form for you, @stoney assuming your qualifications are recognised, you and the missus got job offers in Wellington at a good pay rate and I got 190 points which is over the threshold.