Quantcast

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Some links:

Did the little number thing too. Well over 200 apparently NZ wants some farm folk. Is Invercargill a nice place?

The fact that not a god damn thing will be done makes me want to leave.

If only some of those 10 year olds were pregnant, maybe the gop would give a fuck. Our lust for profits has put the planet at the bottom of the list so I highly doubt a few kids is going to slow down the war machines profits.
Thank fucking god that no trans kids were playing sports at that Texas school, someone could have got hurt.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Or you know, Connecticut.
or... you know... United States of America

:(
Yes, Fisher and Paykel Healthcare are kind of a big deal.

so weird. they made my fridge :confused:

yes, but wife bot's the one they want: phd in clinical psych with a specialty in research in early childhood education
Now your wifes cedentials are def on the wanted list at immigration NZ!
back off you greedy Kiwi!... we need those in Canada too... and we're closer if ever you feel the need to visit family.

on topic: this is so incredibly sad. I broke down this morning after reading just the byline. how is this possible? (that's a rhetorical question). I can't even put it into words.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Reading the details that they all were in the same room is horrifying. I guess I am lucky that my daughter is 4 and I do t really have to explain this to her. All of you with kids in school, I really don’t know how you would explain this.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Reading the details that they all were in the same room is horrifying. I guess I am lucky that my daughter is 4 and I do t really have to explain this to her. All of you with kids in school, I really don’t know how you would explain this.
my kids are 7 and 5 (will be 5 monday). they are on the verge of needing to have it explained to them.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley saw it on the home page of her laptop yesterday. Fucking great conversation. She was mad. "I want to leave. When can we go to New Zealand?" She's turned NZ into this mecca place where she can do everything that she likes, the people are nicer, care about the environment, care about other people, women can be in charge, and when bad things happen, people fix it. We know it's not all rainbows and butterflies, but it is sure as hell a lot better than here.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
honestly, when I read this I couldn't control my reaction. I was sobbing pretty much uncontrollably. My 9 year old asked me what was wrong. I said "don't worry about it" it's nothing. But he could tell it wasn't nothing. My wife told me to get a grip.

As we were walking to school, both boys (9 and 11) kept asking what was going on. I eventually said that guns are terrible, and someone did some very bad things with guns, and I was sad because of it. I'm not sure what else I can say. I said that in the US people are obsessed with guns and I just don't understand it given how destructive they are and how much grief they cause. They didn't ask for any more information.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Haley saw it on the home page of her laptop yesterday. Fucking great conversation. She was mad. "I want to leave. When can we go to New Zealand?" She's turned NZ into this mecca place where she can do everything that she likes, the people are nicer, care about the environment, care about other people, women can be in charge, and when bad things happen, people fix it. We know it's not all rainbows and butterflies, but it is sure as hell a lot better than here.
wait until she learns people are the problem, and wants to go to Mars.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Has she not met Finland yet?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Must determine in which trimester a fetus is capable of pulling a trigger, so they can be armed to prevent shootings.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
When bad things happen we often fix them actually rather slowly. We still have nutbars, but nothing like as many or as extreme. Housing is ridiculously expensive and not generally great quality and food isn’t cheap either. We have too many cows and they pollute the rivers. Generally we do have the same issues as the US except turned down from 11 to one or two.
We have Go karting though, and so much great mountain biking, and people really are mostly pretty nice.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Nope.
Cold, damp, windy, not really any MTBing, not a lot of anything happens down there.
About the best I can say is it's 2-3 hours drive to Queenstown.
Yeah was gonna say too cold and wet for me. Scottish people like it apparently.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When bad things happen we often fix them actually rather slowly. We still have nutbars, but nothing like as many or as extreme. Housing is ridiculously expensive and not generally great quality and food isn’t cheap either. We have too many cows and they pollute the rivers. Generally we do have the same issues as the US except turned down from 11 to one or two.
We have Go karting though, and so much great mountain biking, and people really are mostly pretty nice.
It's about amplitude.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's dark, but he's right. Most white shooters survive. Anybody else? Not so much. Unless they shot a cop. Then they are definitely dead.
to start, statistically most school shooting perpetrators are white.

not sure how the statistics are impacted by shooters that die by self inflicted gunshots, as no single agency tracks this data.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well at least cows are delicious.