Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
All it takes is one good guy with a gun. We are never going to hear the end of this one.

I think the good guy with a gun scenario definitely has to only involve one good guy. They get messy when they all get together and are 'properly trained™'

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think the good guy with a gun scenario definitely has to only involve one good guy. They get messy when they all get together and are 'properly trained™'

moar guns = betterer No?

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Wasn't there a case not that long ago where another "good guy" (or maybe the police) shot the "good guy" who was engaging the "bad guy"?

To me that's always the problem with that narrative of a heroic bystander bringing down the bad guy. It's pretty hard to tell who the good guy is when multiple people are shooting in a public space.

Edit, probably thinking of this
https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/560798-police-chief-hails-good-guy-with-a-gun-after-officer-kills/
Yep, that was funny, haha!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wasn't there a case not that long ago where another "good guy" (or maybe the police) shot the "good guy" who was engaging the "bad guy"?

To me that's always the problem with that narrative of a heroic bystander bringing down the bad guy. It's pretty hard to tell who the good guy is when multiple people are shooting in a public space.

Edit, probably thinking of this
https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/560798-police-chief-hails-good-guy-with-a-gun-after-officer-kills/
yup. the second you pull a gun in an active shooter situation you make yourself target for law enforcement.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
so they're making it illegal to sell illegal guns?

serious question... what constitutes an illegal gun in the US?
Within each state, owning or selling specific manufacturer models, certain types of loading or firing mechanisms, lack of paperwork/serial numbers etc

The CA law doesn't make selling illegal firearms illegal, that was already the case. It enables people to sue the distributor. That's the unique part.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Within each state, owning or selling specific manufacturer models, certain types of loading or firing mechanisms, lack of paperwork/serial numbers etc

The CA law doesn't make selling illegal firearms illegal, that was already the case. It enables people to sue the distributor. That's the unique part.
hey, I was just repeating what the reporter with the translucent eyes said in the newscast...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator