Quantcast

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
View attachment 184884

Suppressors, completing 80% AR-15 lowers, full auto modifications, 3D printed components, all fairly easy to do in your garage with a few tools and know how, with the only deterrent being one's appetite for jail time when big brother comes knocking.

Fun feature of our patchwork of laws and regulations governing firearm ownership and what is considered what.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This is true, they are very easy to make. Even the piece parts are available through places like FB marketplace, advertised as "oil filters".

Somehow I doubt the ATF would be very impressed by your garage ingenuity.
Not me man, I don't own firearms. Never even discharged one. Learned to shoot airguns as a kid with neighbors who hunted though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Certainly not going to help the cities reputation for being intolerant.

WTF. Most conservative city in the country. Most churches per capita of the whole county.

I'm fucking shocked that of all places in CO, it's there. It feels like the borders between normal and conservative are really definitive here, but what makes it so different is that there is no rural phase out in between. It's just "Denver-metro is normal, but once you cross 470 it gets uncomfortably conservative, and once you get to Castle Pines it's 'kill the browns/not WASPs'".

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Suspect has history of being a loon. But thankfully no one violated his second amendment right to have access to a firearm.
I mean, you gotta assume that a good percentage of the guys at that club are military, right? No gay person is going to willingly live in Springs. Dude probably got the living shit beat out of him, which is why they aren't releasing pictures.

They also mentioned another suspect? Did I misread that? And rifle... 5 dead, 17 injured? Please, tell me exactly what kind of rifle has that kind of quick fire capacity? Do tell...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I mean, you gotta assume that a good percentage of the guys at that club are military, right? No gay person is going to willingly live in Springs. Dude probably got the living shit beat out of him, which is why they aren't releasing pictures.

They also mentioned another suspect? Did I misread that? And rifle... 5 dead, 17 injured? Please, tell me exactly what kind of rifle has that kind of quick fire capacity? Do tell...
I don't know man. I know a couple of lesbian couples here in town, hell I even officiated one gay marriage here, the scene seems to be shockingly large. Maybe it's different if you're a gay dude, but I couldn't say. I haven't seen anything about a second suspect, but reports I've seen have said the OG perp did most of his shooting with a long gun, and had at least one other weapon on him.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds like a good plan. Can we also blame the public school system for turning them gay? None of this would have happened if they weren't gay.
I guess you can throw god's wrath in there too. You don't want to do anything your omnipotent creator doesn't want you to do.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

A few years ago I learned that there is a small percentage of Special Forces dudes that have “alternative lifestyles”. So yeah, perp got his ass handed to him. Surprised he lived actually.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Ah yes, and as usual the cops arrested the guy who tackled the gunman once they got there.

He's moderately hispanic looking so hey, who can blame them... Surely it wasn't the white guy! (this time)

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
This one was tougher than normal for me/us. One of my sons identifies as gay/queer, whatever- I dont care, he is my son and I love and adore him. He has never hurt a fly or caused a single problem for me. He is a brilliant scholar and wickedly funny, loyal and loving. The Frau and I were out of town celebrating our anniversary, and he is near the age where he can go clubbing. Sunday morning I awoke to the news of another mass shooting...ho hum, whatever...in my town, and at a club he would probably go to if he went clubbing. I immediately texted him, of course fearing the worst...and waited.

Happy ending of course, he texts back (Not me, but his Mum...thats another story. Going to pound him later for that... :) ) and says he is fine and was simply sleeping late.

I own guns...not ARs or even anything remotely similar. I carried them for years and instructed others in their use, care and feeding. I rarely shoot anymore, despite my affinity for it and the enjoyment of making a lot of noise and generally having a good time- gun people generally make me nauseous. I can carry concealed legally because of my background (See LEOSA...) but normally choose not to because of the legal and moral responsibility it entails. The greatest day of my life was the day I turned in my gubmint issued weapons for the last time...I had really come to hate them.

Now, seeing the multi point failure of the system that allows hate crimes against those who love and live differently, unfettered gun access to raving idiots coupled with white privilege, the bile continues to rise in my throat...

TL/DR? Fuck this shit. Had enough.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ah yes, and as usual the cops arrested the guy who tackled the gunman once they got there.

He's moderately hispanic looking so hey, who can blame them... Surely it wasn't the white guy! (this time)

what are you doing reading the NYT?!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
this. the crowd that thinks owning dozens of guns is an acceptable substitute for a personality.
Shining exceptions popping up. They've chased armed bigots off their property more than once.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Shining exceptions popping up. They've chased armed bigots off their property more than once.

“This is an old-school conservative Christian county. Folks here have never seen any folks like them before they moved in,” said Gramlich, who has lived in the valley for nine years.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
AKA; systemic failure.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Not even close to the same thing.

A bunch of rich kid twats share zero with that colorado ranch. The alpaca ranch makes money, not just sucks it in from distant millionaires.

After seeing that documentary a few years ago I drove by that joint. Some kid camp now.
I meant only in so much as the locals being all "ThEyRe DifFeReNt! GeT tHeM!". I'm my mind that's kind of the crux in Wild Wild Country. I mean sure, the Rajneeshees were a kooky bunch, if I'm being charitable, but If they'd just been left alone, and there might not have been any fucker. But the so called good christian conservatives of Wasco County had no clue/intention of behaving like Christ. That line I quoted could have been pulled directly from that documentary.

Last edited: