Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
100% bullshit because it never works. It never works because they sue that the law is unconstitutional. They are not wrong, it's the bullshit constitutional amendment/interpretation that needs to change. Ban bullets or make them insure their guns or something else.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
100% bullshit because it never works. It never works because they sue that the law is unconstitutional. They are not wrong, it's the bullshit constitutional amendment/interpretation that needs to change. Ban bullets or make them insure their guns or something else.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Did we? Tell me when you couldn't go buy a handgun intended to kill people.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I heard that assault weapon sales went up more than 500% in the last 6 weeks. It'd be interesting to know how many ffl transfers happened over last March/April.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Did we? Tell me when you couldn't go buy a handgun intended to kill people.
tell me 2002 had the same magnitude of mass shootings as 2012

Yes we did. Just because semi auto handguns were available doesnt mean every frustrated white dude was buying them as a lifestyle. Dont pretend ar15 and variant sales didnt go through the fucking roof when it expired.

You know this.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
tell me 2002 had the same magnitude of mass shootings as 2012

Yes we did. Just because semi auto handguns were available doesnt mean every frustrated white dude was buying them as a lifestyle. Dont pretend ar15 and variant sales didnt go through the fucking roof when it expired.

You know this.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
didnt totally solve gun violence but the assault weapons ban expiring created a whole new lifestle for shitbags

Not perfect or holistic but seeing a weird sweaty 20 year old in a public space really did use to be a whole lot less ominous
It is twofold, the easy access to guns and the fetishization and downright worship of gun culture. No doubt spurred on by the NRA and probably Russia.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It is twofold, the easy access to guns and the fetishization and downright worship of gun culture. No doubt spurred on by the NRA and probably Russia.
remember when charlton heston screamed "you can have it when you take it from my cold dead hands?"

It was a fucking musket

Biggest sales these days.....

Charlton seems cute and quaint in retrospect

The only real national level changes that happened were the ban expiring and the heller decision.

And youre right

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
#gUN coNTroL MEasuRes dON't WoRK... except when they do.

1682912788027.png

TL;DR conclusion:

On a typical day, about 65 Americans are murdered. If we watch the cable networks, we’re likely to hear about one of them. The one that is chosen often fits a narrative that is as familiar as it is shallow. It may cohere with a political point a network wants to make – chaos in Democratic cities, an illegal immigrant committing a brazen and lethal act. Usually, it’s a murder in New York City or Los Angeles, two cities that actually have murder rates far lower than many states.

These crime stories aren’t inaccurate, but they are curated. And when we see them every day they create an impression of crime and murder in America that tells only a part of the story. When we released “The Red State Murder Problem” in March 2022 showing that murder rates in Trump-voting states in 2020 were far higher than Biden-voting states, the reaction was incredulity. That is because the news stories we see each day tell us something different.

But the numbers don’t lie. It is our hope that with this report we can create a more accurate political discussion about crime. And perhaps with a more holistic political discussion, we can do more to actually reduce violent and lethal crime.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
We're #2 (in suicide) with a bullet...

BUT small population states always (i.e. MT#2/WY#1/ID#4) suffer in these types of comparative analysis.

Too, I wonder if there's a correlation between older communities / states and higher (successful) suicide rates.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

View attachment 193282
This the same Ken Paxton, attorney general of Texas, who is still under investigation for a whole handful of wrong doings? A coincidence, surely!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This the same Ken Paxton, attorney general of Texas, who is still under investigation for a whole handful of wrong doings? A coincidence, surely!

Another deep state false flag attack by the Biden administration