Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
oh no, no, no...

we don't talk about why the NRA was actually formed

only that they were completely corruptable in the 80s-90s
In this video the 1968 Act is seen as signaling the beginning of the “change” but also mentions the NRA didn’t really start lobbying until 1975, with things being in full swing by 2008 (which certainly fits your 80s-90s emphasis) when DC v Heller happened. Obviously, this is just one YouTuber’s view on the subject, but I found it to be a good watch today at lunch (thanks algorithm).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
As per the local news it turns out that all the sirens that I heard last night at the studio were from a shooting in a bar the next street over. Literally the other side of the building facing me.
Thanks to Republican lawmakers who passed legislation allowing concealed firearms to be carried in bars. Because what could possibly go wrong with mixing weapons with alcohol ?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
As per the local news it turns out that all the sirens that I heard last night at the studio were from a shooting in a bar the next street over. Literally the other side of the building facing me.
Thanks to Republican lawmakers who passed legislation allowing concealed firearms to be carried in bars. Because what could possibly go wrong with mixing weapons with alcohol ?
Hopefully families of the victims sue the lawmakers.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I recall a great Daily Show piece on that years ago. "Alcohol causes problems, guns resolve problems".