Quantcast

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
lewiston's an interesting town. huge immigrant population. will be interested to learn about shooter, motivations, etc. fuck guns.
yes. agree on all points. mrs. scrub grew up there. neither she or her four siblings wish to ever live there again.

the newer immigrant population they like, it's the local redneck assholes they don't want to deal with. (yes, i know that isn't everyone there) i grew up in a similar town in oregon and feel the same way.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Norbar, you need to visit Vermont. It's a very different world.

Stay with me a week, you'll hear gunfire. At night, during the day, whenever. Some of it's target practice, state police or ordinary folks. Some of it's hunting, some legal and some not. some are "enthusiasts", some aren't.

The gunfire is not threatening. it's just part of my world. What it isn't is gangs, psychos, or military contesting territory (some might be military training).

I have some friends who are "enthusiasts". in general I think they're insane but harmless. I sometimes talk weapons with them - hardware, methods, effectiveness.

The point? I have a hard time making the distinction between firearms and a mace or a poleaxe. Modern firearms are more efficient, but so what? They're a tool that can be used well or misused.
wave to maine for us

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
yes. agree on all points. mrs. scrub grew up there. neither she or her four siblings wish to ever live there again.

the newer immigrant population they like, it's the local redneck assholes they don't want to deal with. (yes, i know that isn't everyone there) i grew up in a similar town in oregon and feel the same way.
i've spent a lot of time on the coast near there over the past 40 years and went to college in brunswick. once the factorys/mills in lewiston shut down, the immigrant population, along with bates, really kept the town going. maine is a fascinating mix of liberal/diverse and super conservative. like many places in the south, blue islands in red seas...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Funny, having said that, recently the number of mostly out of state drug dealers that have been murdering each other in Vermont has been notable, mostly up by the Canadian border and in Rutland.
the filthy undesirables responsible for all the drug crime moving north?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Naw, they are going to realize they need more guns to prevent it.
A coworker was recently bragging that he had enough guns and ammo to hold off anyone or anything for at least an hour. Nobody is going to take his guns. A true patriot.

He was also going off about MA's recently passed ban on semi-automatic rifles and figured that I, having firearms experience, would be against it too. Nope. I see few reasons why anyone would need a semi-automatic rifle.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Smith said the property dispute had led sheriff's deputies to the property several times in recent years. But there was no indication that it would lead to violence, Smith said.
The suspect had also been accused of locking a gate and posting a sign near the gate that said “the owner of this property is armed,” said Kevin Flesch, an attorney for one of the defendants who lost his easement access.