Quantcast

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
^^^

Interesting that the couple was charged. I didn't see that coming.

Hypothetically: if those two continued to kick that guy's ass, even stomping him until after unconscious and beyond; when would the wife have had justification to stop the assault and protect her husband?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I read that on another site yesterday. The SUV driver started the whole thing when he got out of his car and approached the pickup. He asked them why they cut him off, then punched the driver as seen in the video. Two younger guys jump out and go to work on him. The wife calmly walked around the car pointing the pistol which she then handed to her husband.

To me it looked like the two from the pickup stopped when the SUV driver was on the ground. But one thing is for certain, if the SUV driver had not of had a gun in the car, he wouldn't of started the fight. For some idiots having a gun encourages them to deliberately place themselves in harms way. Nothing more than compensating for whatever personal inadequacies and false courage. Completely unnecessary and potentially lethal.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
What you don't see in the video is him firing several shots into the pickup.

Turner was charged with discharging a weapon into property, two counts of assault by pointing a gun, going armed to the terror of the people, injury to personal property and assault.

His wife, Christy Turner, also turned herself in and was charged with two counts of assault by pointing a gun.

Read more: http://www.wxii12.com/news/local-news/north-carolina/Video-shows-man-pull-gun-in-NC-road-rage-fight/-/10622650/19462048/-/yee24xz/-/index.html#ixzz2Oj3CaX5P

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Cool Hand Luke on the camera there. As soon as the compensator came out I'd be heading for the hills.
my first thought, too.
ain't no way this goatee'd guy comes out looking like anything but at ass to judge, jury, gen'l pop for the rest of his days. if i ever made the choice he did, first thing i'd do is get facial reconstruction & leave the time zone.

i've always wondered what "flashing my piece" looked like in real life; now i know

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i'd be ok equating that incident to a DUI: you don't lose your gun, but you can't leave the house w/ it. esp in this case, as he put his kid in unnecessary danger. dick. some dad.

is there a meme-storm for this guy yet? it needs to happen.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
The entire fight lasted 10 seconds (11 if you count the first punch thrown by the guy in the SUV). By any definition the kids were defending themselves by incapacitating an attacker. They immediately stopped after the guy hit the ground and were going back to their truck.

Sorry, you don't get to throw a punch and then immediately pull out a gun and start firing when the person punches you back.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Sorry, you don't get to throw a punch and then immediately pull out a gun and start firing when the person punches you back.
Of course not. I asked when you thought the wife could have been clear (legally) should the two/one fight continued. Remember the hypothetical part?

Watching that video, it wouldn't be difficult to see it playing out much differently and somebody getting shot by the wife. Then the argument would be if she felt his life was threatened.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i see where you're going with this, but "stand your ground" seems to be subject to whoever has the better legal team. should be tossed as a 'bully beatdown' if fool tries to counter file (or whatever shakes out from his road rage appearance)

Pisgahboy

Chimp
Apr 23, 2011
Of course not. I asked when you thought the wife could have been clear (legally) should the two/one fight continued. Remember the hypothetical part?

Watching that video, it wouldn't be difficult to see it playing out much differently and somebody getting shot by the wife. Then the argument would be if she felt his life was threatened.
Under NC law, Billy the wannabe Bad@ss is the instigator in this incident. NC laws covering use of deadly force state that he or anyone else can't use lethal force to defend the life/lives of the instigator(s). It's pretty cut and dry. His other big mistake is that he reached into the kid's car. NC castle doctrine allows the use of deadly force if someone is trying to gain entry into your vehicle or trying harm you while you are in your vehicle. NC castle doctrine covers a residence, vehicle or place of business now. It's automatically assumed that someone trying to gain access illegally in any of those is there to cause grievous bodily harm. He's pretty lucky that he didn't go after someone who was armed. He very likely would have been shot.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
if i heard/read the story correctly, he's being charged w/ a felony, so if it sticks: no gun for him. in fact, someone who has demonstrated anger issues with the willingness to recklessly introduce lethal force shouldn't have access to firearms, so janet should clean his house

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004

NOBODY was going to be shot by the wife, including the broad side of the barn behind the kids....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That's really the long standing message you took from that? A very literal interpretation from a guy in a fake mustache grabbing his nuts?
i must admit..
i fell asleep after the first verse.....did it get better?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
You know, I am almost surprised that he didnt charge the other vehicle with the gun right off...his wife waited until he was getting his a$$ kicked to bring it out. Tough guy could have easily gone charging in like Theodore Roosevelt at San Juan Hill...

I will be willing to bet it gets spun this way. Motorist almost run off the road by thugs, gets beat down by them when he questions their driving, wifey saves the day with his phallic substitute...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
^^^^^Certainly would have been spun that way if there wasn't video evidence. He's even got the bruises on his face from where the thugs were repeatedly bashing his head into the ground before he valiantly shot at them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
is FAAAAAA-bulous

if we obsess over gun/bewbs nexus, the best we have is austin powers. you sure you wanna go that route?
well who do you thinks moar about cawk size?

a. women?

b. gay dudes?

c. straight men who hate guns?

i'll take c for $1,000 alex.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
the penis obsession on here.......
Just started because you brought it up with this post.

Just sayin'

My favorite part of that carrey vid was the line 'it takes a cold dead hand to pull that trigger'

So you know.....I'll take d) Thinking that making fun of wiener jokes somehow invalidates the obvious insecurity gun owner's have with their own safety and competence to defend themselves without a gun.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh good, you're back. How's about you answer my question now about telling what that lawyer commenting on constitutional interpretation said during the Heller case, in your own words.

Cuz right now it just looks like you posted that video because you thought you found someone who uses big syllable phrases who was somehow saying what you were. He wasn't.