Quantcast

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
for those who think we created terr'ists by disrupting their way of life (or whatever), what do you think will happen here?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
for those who think we created terr'ists by disrupting their way of life (or whatever), what do you think will happen here?
Oh yes, Australia and Canada are falling apart now. Especially Australia:panic:

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
just be ready for the queue of 'post hoc, ergo prompter hoc' frothers the next time there's some swatting in adelaide

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
just be ready for the queue of 'post hoc, ergo prompter hoc' frothers the next time there's some swatting in adelaide
Because they have it so bad in the UK? Violent crime is 1/5 here in the UK so the NRA's theory is a failure.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
You do realize the stats were cleared up in this thread pages ago?

Here are assaults from the OECD Health Series - crimes you would be in actual serious danger and require defense from harm - all from the same classification system:

http://kieranhealy.org/blog/archives/2012/12/18/assault-death-rates-in-america-some-follow-up/

2. Why Assault Death Rates and not just Gun-Use Deaths?
The problem across the board here is getting consistent, reliable, cross-national data. The goal of the original post was to set the U.S. in some kind of longitudinal context with broadly comparable countries—in brief, the advanced industrial democracies—and the OECD is the best source for time-series data of this kind. But there is no good long-run cross-national data on deaths due to gun-use alone. Death as a result of violent assault is the best available series. There are some single-year cross-country datasets, and there are some smaller country-to-country comparisons, too. As a reminder, my original posts did not make any claims at all about guns, gun violence, or gun laws. I was interested in comparing rates of violent death across developed democracies, and that’s exactly what I did.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
You do realize the stats were cleared up in this thread pages ago?
well aware; my snarkiness to link to it was outweighed by my super-sized laziness. plus, there are magpies on my suet that need dealing with

priorities

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also, i read somewhere (might have been here, otherwise FB), that the number of first time gun buyers is actually decreasing; most sales are to people that already own firearm(s).

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Obama has been the best salesman for the firearms industry. pretty much all mfg's are posting record sales and still having a hard time keeping up. especially the ammo mfg's. prices have become ludicrous
Gonna need all them gunz to protect our freedum and repel Obama's negro army dont'cha know?

Edit: Found this in teh googler while searching for gun sale stats. It's not about race though:

Last edited: