Quantcast

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
America...... fvck yeah.

The editor of Guns & Ammo magazine apologized to readers and resigned immediately, earlier than planned, after he published a column advocating gun control, enraging his readers.

Editor Jim Bequette wanted to "generate a healthy exchange of ideas on gun rights" when he published a commentary by Dick Metcalf, who wrote that he supported regulations* on firearms.
*“I don’t think requiring 16 hours of training to qualify for a concealed carry permit is infringement in and of itself. But that’s just me,”

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i don't remember reading being a sh!thole 25 years ago....
not to sound too racist but the city was probably primarily white back then. its been ranked the poorest city in the country several times with nearly 41% of the residents below the poverty level.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
not to sound too racist but the city was probably primarily white back then. its been ranked the poorest city in the country several times with nearly 41% of the residents below the poverty level.
It only sounds racist if you realize you have a supposed connection between those two sentences that only you apparently know about.

Anybody ever go to ye ole asphalt skatepark in reading? I used to go up there from bel air Md when I was a lad.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It only sounds racist if you realize you have a supposed connection between those two sentences that only you apparently know about.

Anybody ever go to ye ole asphalt skatepark in reading? I used to go up there from bel air Md when I was a lad.
you grew up in bel air?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you would have had more fun at the cedar crest country club ramp in centreville, virginia.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm 27. Graduated from Bel Air High in 04.

Yea, I remember that from another thread. You had your wedding reception at the Brewery I worked at when I was in high school.
ah yea that's right. she graduated '00.

our reception wasn't at the brewery itself; my wife arranged for them to come to where we held the ceremony & reception and do a tasting.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
you would have had more fun at the cedar crest country club ramp in centreville, virginia.
You think I wasn't a regular? Welded seams son! There, ocean city, and the big chesapeake ramp down in dundalk were frequent weekends. Steel is real. :D They tore the CCC down while I was still in the area.

mattmatt: nevermind kiddo, I was a little earlier.

When seconds count, the police are only...sitting outside for nearly six minutes before coming in.

9:39:00 - First Newtown police officer arrives behind Sandy Hook Elementary School on Crestwood Rd.

9:39:13 - Two more Newtown officers arrive at SHES and park on the driveway near the
ball field. Gunshots are heard in the background.

9:44:47 - Newtown officers enter SHES.
http://www.ct.gov/csao/lib/csao/Sandy_Hook_Final_Report.pdf

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
With all the different emergency services I've been in over the years (fire, surf rescue, SAR, Civil Defense, RNZN school of damage control) the first thing all of them teach in training is to assess the site BEFORE charging in.
6 min's sounds fine to me too.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
^^ That's not standard protocol here in 'Murica. All law enforcement officers are required to charge in guns blazing while yelling "Yippie-Kai-Yay Mother Fvcker". Bruce Willis stared in the official training video IIRCC.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
MAP: Which Kills More People in Your State—Cars or Guns?

It's little surprise that many of these states—including Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Utah, and Virginia—are notorious for lax gun laws. What's more, the numbers aren't driven just by "bad guys with guns." Nationally, close to two-thirds of gun deaths are suicides, and the split is much higher in states such as Alaska, which reported more than twice as many gun suicides as traffic deaths in 2010. Utah (the "most depressed" state, whose suicide problem we cover in detail here), Nevada, Oregon, and Washington are also seeing more gun suicides than traffic fatalities. Idaho, Montana, and others are close behind.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Well yeah...

But in real life (Not the movies...) most cops operate off the standard of gather as much info as possible before charging in relatively blindly. When shots are being fired, even in a school, it is beneficial to have such things as subject/suspect description, location and actions...and wait for backup units before you go running in barefoot to save the day. The police response is not what killed the children and teachers of Newtown.