Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You could have made your point w/out the personal attacks. I understand your passion and feel horrible for those who lost loved ones and friends to a low life that lacks the courage & character to off himself without affecting the innocent.

Generalities…..you may dismiss it as such but that’s how I feel about the political landscape of this country, one group after another pressing their will upon the individual.

Delusional…..not at all, one can only hope this democracy self corrects every now and then.

J
Don't come in here and play the wilting flower while simultaneously casting anyone who's tired of people getting gunned down as the following

Big J said:
What I do find alarming is the propensity of the Left in the USA towards totalitarianism and think nothing of trampling the rights of the individual as long the Left’s agenda is served.

The hubris of the Left is amusing since they claim to process the moral high ground while campaigning and maneuvering via legislation & the courts to suppress rights of those who disagree with the Left’s agenda, not just gun control but all issues.
Seriously, what do you expect after that tired line of clichés that only serve to put blame on people trying to save lives? We get the patriot act, the TSA and a greatly augmented NSA under a very much right wing administration and your problem is "the totalitarian left"???? Turn your brain on. Look who's feeding you those lines. If you want to talk about the current lack of reigning those entities in, let's do it but don't forget their origin.

I fully believe that you (even strongly) believe these things because that's the line you've been fed and it makes you feel better about your need to own something that has no other purpose than to put fear and death into people and blow holes in things. But admit that's what it is. I do. All my buddies with their growing collections of AR variants do. It's fun to shoot things and feels very empowering. But when people are dying over and over and over again because the ease of purchasing very destructive tools gets defended to the death, take some fvcking responsibility for the peripheral effect of that.

Every time you try to dismiss any real discussion or the idea of making firearms just a teensy weensy bit more difficult to get, you're continuing a stubborn cycle that makes it easy for idiots to get guns. That's not the totalitarian left doing anything. That's you being deliberately blind and stubborn because you like your guns. This is a uniquely American problem and being typically American and stubborn will help nothing.

You seem like you can be a reasonable guy. But blaming an attempt to curb some violence as some sort of dictatorial, or authoritative over reach would indicate otherwise. We can have a real discussion, but when you've got a majority of congress off the record indicating they would support expanded background checks, but them none of them have the balls to do it publicly in a vote, THAT is a real problem. A totalitarian regime that wants to give people an education and health care isn't. The NRA scaring the shlt out of people through threatening their jobs or telling everyone they need to buy a product from their funders to live a safe life seems like much more of a problem to democracy to me.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I love all the "liberal" bashing when I read the comments to the stories linked.
I hang in some other international forums and one thing seems to pop up quite often.

The American Left seems to be quite a bit right by some international standards, ie the US Left are more Right Wing then some other countries Right Wing parties.

Thoughts?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I love all the "liberal" bashing when I read the comments to the stories linked.
I hang in some other international forums and one thing seems to pop up quite often.

The American Left seems to be quite a bit right by some international standards, ie the US Left are more Right Wing then some other countries Right Wing parties.

Thoughts?
Yes. You pretty much nailed it. today's democrats would have been republicans in the 70's. the right is so far right its about to fall into the abyss.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

Cool so if you miss that kid 2 rooms over is dead meat.......

It is capable of going through barriers such as sheet rock, plywood, sheet metal or glass and still performs its original intent,” the site claims. “The bullet shreds through solid objects and only then, expands its energy.”

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And a lot of other countries drive on the wrong side of the road. Coincidence? I think not.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Thoughts?
Anyone with a clue (including merkins) would agree. The right wing standard stance in the US right now is pretty much an experimental petri dish. It's gotten to the point that the cooporations and dickbags directing the dialog have to be sitting there thinking 'how far you think we can push this if we really want to?'

The result is guys like Big J "feeling strongly" about ideas that were thought up in focus groups to get votes. It's fvcking nuts.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
and kennedy would be hated by dems today....whoopteefvckingdooo.....
Yeah that civil rights stuff he got going would be scoffed..........wait wut?

Oh right.....the shoot'em up charlie thing. How do you think he would carried that out in years to come (honest question not baiting)?
We talking about Vietnam? Today's Democratic party is as pro-war as the republican party. We don't have to go back very far to find all kinds of questionable "foreign intervention" supported by Democrats.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Today's Democratic party is as pro-war as the republican party. We don't have to go back very far to find all kinds of questionable "foreign intervention" supported by Democrats.
i prefer to see them both as "pragmatic", even if the routes they took may appear to be starkly different

i'm confident hillary would have done (and if elected, will do) the same as bush/obama

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey gastro, astute gastro.........

What do you think about his parody premise that citizens for a really safe ashland will be addressing a danger that does not really exist?

I mean without it, that whole bit just looks like a little theater fag masturbatory performance in an insulated little mountain town for the sake of itself. Wouldn't you say?

For that whole performance to really have any truth to it whatsoever, that premise that legislation is addressing problems that don't really would have to be pretty solid no? And my goodness...if it weren't, he would look like kind of a dumbass wouldn't he? To say nothing of the open carry website hosting it. I mean eesh.....wouldn't they look like a bunch of morons if that premise were shaky. I shudder to think.

kidwoo, you want to talk about a flawed premise? Oregon's state pre-emption clause reads:

“Except as expressly authorized by state statute, the authority to regulate in any matter whatsoever the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition, is vested solely in the Legislative Assembly.”

Go ahead Ashland, after all, it worked so so well for Chicago...

From the GGWAG division, poetic justice department:

Dwayne Ferguson spent more than a decade advocating for nonviolence and peace in the streets of Buffalo.

He was a well-known face in the movement for the SAFE Act, the state law that made carrying a gun on school property a felony. He was also a familiar presence in the hallways of the city’s Harvey Austin Elementary School, where he worked in the after-school program and mentored students.

No one imagined that on Thursday he would show up at the school in possession of a gun, touching off an hours-long lockdown, search and ultimately his arrest on two felony charges.
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/buffalo-public-schools/associates-defend-man-who-had-gun-in-school-20140207

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...and then who benefits from the litigation? A special interest group with no interest in public safety, only alot of dead bodies laying about due to their insistence on making up for their phallic shortcomings. Freeduhm!!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
As one who has carried a gun, both concealed and openly, as part of his emplyment for the majority of his adult life, I find it inconceivable that someone can forget that he is carrying.
precisely my thinking. also, if he truly didn't realize he was carrying, shouldn't that be grounds for revocation? seems to me there should be a modicum of mental acuity to be in possession of deadly force