Quantcast

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
I should probably clarify that I support common sense control measures, and safe storage laws. I believe there should be more control in the ability to procure and own, but after that I don't believe in the political game of incorrect definitions. They are distractions.

I also believe the health industry should be a major focus. Mental health is a huge topic that is linked to every single 'rampage' in the last several decades, and not just in the US but rather the world. http://www.ssristories.org/ is an interesting read with regards to this. Something to question, is how much the govt gets from pharmaceutical corps vs the NRA.....

One measure that could help, and be an olive branch of sorts, would be the NRA using a portion of it's fees to go towards mental health care. Or even the tax stamps the govt gets could be used for the same thing.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Dont you live in Canadia? Why not come on down to the US of A if you love the gun culture so much?
That is an absurdly insulting comment. Just because I see things from a common sense perspective doesn't mean I condone 'gun culture' (which should really be called violence culture, because that's what it is: Hollywood, games, music, etc. They all promote violence to children). I don't. I just see that both sides are right and also wrong, and trying to make it one way or the other is incorrect. I already stated, clearly, that a blend of the two control systems would be beneficial to both countries.

We also have them up here. I wouldn't need to go down there to hunt or compete. I just like going down there to see the incredible scenery.

Edit: what I would move down there for, is the cheap material costs for manufacturing and cheap housing. Also maybe the fact that it'd be nice to ride with the environment you guys have.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I should probably clarify that I support common sense control measures, and safe storage laws. I believe there should be more control in the ability to procure and own, but after that I don't believe in the political game of incorrect definitions. They are distractions.

I also believe the health industry should be a major focus. Mental health is a huge topic that is linked to every single 'rampage' in the last several decades, and not just in the US but rather the world. http://www.ssristories.org/ is an interesting read with regards to this. Something to question, is how much the govt gets from pharmaceutical corps vs the NRA.....

One measure that could help, and be an olive branch of sorts, would be the NRA using a portion of it's fees to go towards mental health care. Or even the tax stamps the govt gets could be used for the same thing.
tax stamps? you mean like a gun version of food stamps?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
PHREEDUHMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ©

(Bought to you by the Cliven Bundy Foundation. We dont give a damn about them darkies OR them tortoises, so long as we gots our guns!)

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
The funny part is that picture where there's a black guy with him. He's probably wondering how that fine American boy got so tanned.

Crazy old man sure is crazy.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
this is what they consider it:
http://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/violent crime/victims.html

I guess you've never been robbed or consider it a violent crime, but the pros do, because in many instances it escalates to physical violence. hence why the professionals (not you, obviously) include it.
This is what happens to people when they try to rob me :D
(take the time to read that, fo realz)

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f67/cop-appreciation-thread-219737/

In your world that kid would have been shot. I didn't want that then, and I'm sure glad it didn't happen in front of someone else's house.

Get this through your head: Stolen property is better than dead people. One is replaceable. You can disagree with me on that, but one has a greater detriment on a society and civilization.

Notice the interesting trend? All increasing After? Funny how you can't digest that, but cherry pick and lie. Really...... You ignore the rest of the data to nitpick robberies, and add one year to think it's some empirical shutdown. No. You're grasping and it shows. Homicide went UP after the ban. Admit it, because it clearly did, for several years...... And take a long look at the immediate spike in sharp objects being the method, immediately taking up the slack for lack of guns.... (in other words, it didn't drop due to the ban like you say it did.)

Oh look what came out recently: http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/rpp/116/rpp116.pdf

A problem with them, AFTER the ban? You don't say! I thought criminals turned them all in and would never smuggle them from other countries! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keep it coming kid. And pull up those stats on Mexico and their ban, and Russian crime and their ban. go at it.
Yes there's a little spike in homicides right after the ban. If all you're after is short one to two year trends, have at it!

I never denied that einstein. But at this point you're (surprise) arguing with things I've never even said.

I'm starting to understand how you can honestly believe that once guns were banned in Australia, that all hell broke loose and people just started beating the crap out of each other.

I've also said about 20 times in this thread that I genuinely think this country is too far gone for any series of regulations to completely end the stupidity of shootings. You don't read too good.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the fundamental underlying problem here is these fvcktards are putting their constitutional rights before the lives of others. it demonstrates a pretty clear lack of empathy, and treats human lives as disposable.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Look at when the NRA "fights" and when they're mysteriously silent. It's got nothing to do with actual gun rights and everything to do with collecting membership dues, and selling sh1t. Sure they help draft a carry law today, but tomorrow mum's the word. I bring up 1986 because that was a major turning point for the NRA, they rolled over because they didn't want to be seen fighting Reagan on one of the dumbest pieces of gun legislation yet passed. After that, they because what they are today, dedicated to saber rattling and T-shirt sales..
What do you see (or would you like to see) their role as then? When I was a kid they were definitely more of a prominent factor for safety and education. I know that element still exists but there's a much greater, louder component of just flat out ownership that kind of dwarfs the other bits. They run political ads out of their own pockets under the guise of second amendment protection. The second amendment isn't going anywhere. But guns in national parks isn't exactly something the populace was begging for.

I disagree with your plan, but respect that you actually have a plan, that in a perfect world, may work. However, your fundamental lack of firearms knowledge is pretty apparent given your solution. .50BMG rifles have been used in less than 10 criminal acts in the country, ever, shotguns are used in criminal acts daily. Further, shotguns are lethal to humans well past 100 yards, most murders happen well within 10 yards. You'd feel far more than sting across the backyard, bird-shot is surviveable, but a goose-load across my back-yard would drop an average man in his tracks, dead. Your plan also only addresses gun violence, I think at this point it's pretty obvious that we have an all-around violence problem.
I'm starting to realize I need to use very literal language here. I got a little flowery but I grew up around guns. I know exactly what these are because I've fired them and seen what they do to lumber. And they do split into something that's not exactly a slug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon

I said eagle claw to make fun of them for their freedom. And yes I'm well aware that 9mm traditional slug to someone's face is probably going to kill them. (come on.......seriously?)

Also, I didn't mention 50 cal pistols because they're a mass shooting threat (unless people are standing in a line), I mentioned them because they're the quintessential firework with zero functional purpose other than loud noises, a gnarly recoil (usually), and one bigass hole. They're pretty much the embodiment of big loud toys that appeal to the cultural militarization that a lot of retards really get off on. And I also camped next to a few rifles this past weekend on a lakebed in NV. I know exactly what 50 caliber rounds do. I can drive you to the dunes that used to be there if you want.

And I also didn't mean 10 guage shotguns............. yada yada. Like I said.....I'll be more literal from now on. :)

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Haha. I'm actually surprised a neighbor didn't step in to apprehend the second kid.
I've got two neighbors that would have come out with their guns if they'd heard the noise. I'm very glad they didn't. Not everyone needs a good guy with a gun. I can take a punch to the head just fine. And yes, I much prefer it to bullets flying around my neighborhood.

And no the reason our normally peaceful neighborhood is that way is not because of those guys owning guns somehow keeping the peace.

Speaking of which......this happened down the street from me right next to a place I buy beer from in the last two days.

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/northshore/11602809-113/lockdown-guitron-beach-kings

The responsible gun ownership should be on it's way any day now. Let me know when that ideal utopia is reached.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
What do you see (or would you like to see) their role as then? When I was a kid they were definitely more of a prominent factor for safety and education. I know that element still exists but there's a much greater, louder component of just flat out ownership that kind of dwarfs the other bits. They run political ads out of their own pockets under the guise of second amendment protection. The second amendment isn't going anywhere. But guns in national parks isn't exactly something the populace was begging for.

I'm starting to realize I need to use very literal language here. I got a little flowery but I grew up around guns. I know exactly what these are because I've fired them and seen what they do to lumber. And they do split into something that's not exactly a slug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon

I said eagle claw to make fun of them for their freedom. And yes I'm well aware that 9mm traditional slug to someone's face is probably going to kill them. (come on.......seriously?)

Also, I didn't mention 50 cal pistols because they're a mass shooting threat (unless people are standing in a line), I mentioned them because they're the quintessential firework with zero functional purpose other than loud noises, a gnarly recoil (usually), and one bigass hole. They're pretty much the embodiment of big loud toys that appeal to the cultural militarization that a lot of retards really get off on. And I also camped next to a few rifles this past weekend on a lakebed in NV. I know exactly what 50 caliber rounds do. I can drive you to the dunes that used to be there if you want.

And I also didn't mean 10 guage shotguns............. yada yada. Like I said.....I'll be more literal from now on. :)
Literal language does help quite a bit. Your flowery language makes you sound like the average anti-gunner who doesn't have the first clue what guns are, and what they're actually capable of. We have pointless and overly complex gun laws as a result of people like that, and an uneducated public who goes along with it because they believe politicians when they talk about ghost guns that can fire 1000 clips a second fully automatic with a suppressor that people think makes them silent like in a Bond movie.

The human body doesn't react anything like lumber to being hit by a bullet, wood vs. meat, so again, you sound very uneducated on the subject, doesn't matter how educated you actually are, I don't know you, I can only read what you typed and base a response on that. Shoot a hollow-point at a piece drywall and watch it not expand at all, still means nothing as drywall is also not human flesh. Hyperbole and flowery language are part of why the anti gun groups are met with such fierce resistance from the pro gun groups, because to a pro gun guy, they sound like absolute idiots, who're basing their demands for stiffer gun control of ludicrous exaggeration.

I would like to see the NRA revert to it's roots of promoting safe handling, education, marksmanship, humane and ethical hunting, etc. while at the same time, working with both sides to protect ownership rights and if new restrictions must be passed, work to make sure they're at least logical.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Literal language does help quite a bit. Your flowery language makes you sound like the average anti-gunner who doesn't have the first clue what guns are, and what they're actually capable of. We have pointless and overly complex gun laws as a result of people like that, and an uneducated public who goes along with it because they believe politicians when they talk about ghost guns that can fire 1000 clips a second fully automatic with a suppressor that people think makes them silent like in a Bond movie.

The human body doesn't react anything like lumber to being hit by a bullet, wood vs. meat, so again, you sound very uneducated on the subject, doesn't matter how educated you actually are, I don't know you, I can only read what you typed and base a response on that. Shoot a hollow-point at a piece drywall and watch it not expand at all, still means nothing as drywall is also not human flesh. Hyperbole and flowery language are part of why the anti gun groups are met with such fierce resistance from the pro gun groups, because to a pro gun guy, they sound like absolute idiots, who're basing their demands for stiffer gun control of ludicrous exaggeration.

I would like to see the NRA revert to it's roots of promoting safe handling, education, marksmanship, humane and ethical hunting, etc. while at the same time, working with both sides to protect ownership rights and if new restrictions must be passed, work to make sure they're at least logical.
(hand)Guns are made for killing (credit RVZ) or the threat of killing. Nothing else.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
more commie BS

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
edit: directed at max.....

Damn dude, do I honestly know more about splayed hollowpoints than you?

Black Talon rounds were known for the unique construction of the bullet and its sharp petal shape after expansion following impact with tissue or other wet media.
Yeah 'Tissue' and 'wet media' is not lumber. But they splinter in both. And they don't mean Kleenex by 'tissue'. I gave up the shooty life when I left Florida but these were around then and I saw a fresh box of a different brand at a buddy's house over new years. It looks like those talon deals might not exist but there are certainly variants still available. Why are you pretending like you don't know what I'm talking about? Not normal hollow point heads, the grooved ones DESIGNED to do exactly what I described in that original post. Just like I asked my buddy all excited about his new insanely tiny glock that he had them for, "why do you even need this crap?" That's the question I'm posing to the larger public. Because if that's what's in some guys' pistol when it gets misused, the accidental or negligent (or criminal) damage is just that much worse.

Their 'primary' core used to be that. It's their apeshlt lobbying arm that is redefining what 'logical' is. I agree with you that some of CA's laws aren't that logical in that they don't really solve much. But I'm curious to hear what your version of logical is. To me the heart of your point you keep bringing up is that the current CA laws are obviously still insufficient. To me that spells out a path to more stringent regulation, not getting bummed that the NRA backed down off of a control measure.

But do you even agree with me that we have a wholly American problem in that these kinds of regular shootings are something that happen far too frequently and should be addressed? It's irresponsible to pretend there's just one issue (call it mental health or video games) and that any regulations on firearms are pointless. Hardware access is a big part of the problem IMO.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I often wonder how many of these God fearing, gun toting, cowboy/Bruce Willis types could successful use their side arm in the event of an active shooter scenario. I have been shot at a few times, had a weapon pulled on me, and been in close proximity to multiple drive by shootings (some with automatics). In those kind of situations the stress level is very high, and the last thing on my mind would be returning fire. I typically run away in these situations. I guess that just makes me a pvssy.

Unless you have some training in combat, you, the average armed citizen, is not going to be able to remain calm and focused to be effective with a sidearm. Unexpected gun fire in public causes panic and chaos.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I often wonder how many of these God fearing, gun toting, cowboy/Bruce Willis types could successful use their side arm in the event of an active shooter scenario. I have been shot at a few times, had a weapon pulled on me, and been in close proximity to multiple drive by shootings (some with automatics). In those kind of situations the stress level is very high, and the last thing on my mind would be returning fire. I typically run away in these situations. I guess that just makes me a pvssy.

Unless you have some training in combat, you, the average armed citizen, is not going to be able to remain calm and focused to be effective with a sidearm. Unexpected gun fire in public causes panic and chaos.
they have there weapons hidden in their rolls.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is a laser shooter place up the street my ex used to frequent (because she is twisted). All this training she did and she was awesome, and she was all ready and stuff.

Then during our Citizens Academy we did live police scenario training and because we were the only couple to ever take the course together, they made us partners on a scenario. She froze and did nothing while I took down the jackass. :rofl:

They showed the video at graduation. You can hear me tell the guy "I will shoot you in the face if you don't drop the bat!" It was crude, yet effective.

/coolstorybro

I take cover when I hear gun shots. I am not looking to return fire.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Hyperbole and flowery language are part of why the anti gun groups are met with such fierce resistance from the pro gun groups, because to a pro gun guy, they sound like absolute idiots, who're basing their demands for stiffer gun control of ludicrous exaggeration.

I see. You would really like for the NRA to work on common sense safety issues, but you can't, because you don't like the language some people use. That right there is the problem. Sticking it to people you don't like is more important that stopping the needless loss of life.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I see. You would really like for the NRA to work on common sense safety issues, but you can't, because you don't like the language some people use. That right there is the problem. Sticking it to people you don't like is more important that stopping the needless loss of life.
trigger warning: hyperbole comin'
Every time someone in the media uses the word clip or magazine, one dead child from Newtown is reincarnated.

But only if the grammatical error (real or imagined) is pointed out by someone who thinks Australia went into a frenzy of violence as soon as guns were banned. The conversation will be ended in their mind but they've done their part.