Quantcast

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Obviously a false flag, fake news story. Everyone in texas knows it's the safest state in the union because of its open carry laws. They've told me multiple times.

I'm just waiting for the good guy(s) to start firing back - just wonder how many "points" they can rack up between them. I hate to say it, but it is going to happen, just a matter of time.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Well they were probably already praying, so I'm just going to send thoughts as that should be enough to fix the issue.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm just waiting for the good guy(s) to start firing back - just wonder how many "points" they can rack up between them. I hate to say it, but it is going to happen, just a matter of time.
panem et circenses. Revolutions don't start on full stomachs. As long as the masses have cheap shit to eat, nothing will change.

... 20 killed? :disgust1:
27 last I read.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Not so much revolution, but the good guy or god help us guys firing back with a bunch of bystanders in the crossfire.
Because it doesn't happen. No mater how much gun fetishists want to believe that they can Roy Rogers the fuck out of some mass shooting event. If it was going to happen, statistically it would have by now.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Because it doesn't happen. No mater how much gun fetishists want to believe that they can Roy Rogers the fuck out of some mass shooting event. If it was going to happen, statistically it would have by now.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it hasn't happened. I guess all of these wanna-be Special Forces types get real shy when real lead starts flying.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This guy was stopped/interrupted by an armed neighbor.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
This guy was stopped/interrupted by an armed neighbor.
I'm sure the dead will be thrilled to hear that!

After he did his deed and was fleeing the scene. Didn't prevent 26 (for now) from being gunned down.
Yup.

When Mr. Kelley emerged from the church, an armed neighbor exchanged gunfire with him, hitting Mr. Kelley, who fled in his vehicle.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Twenty years from now we'll all look back and laugh at how silly it was for every citizen of the Red White and Blue to be walking around without a sidearm. From toddlers to seniors in nursing homes everyone will be armed for safety. If you can hold it, you can shoot it.

It sure seemed to work for those cowboys. So pew-pew, muthafuckahs !

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Twenty years from now we'll all look back and laugh at how silly it was for every citizen of the Red White and Blue to be walking around without a sidearm. From toddlers to seniors in nursing homes everyone will be armed for safety. If you can hold it, you can shoot it.

It sure seemed to work for those cowboys. So pew-pew, muthafuckahs !

I predict that in 50 years all new born children will be immediately shot upon leaving the womb as a forced eugenics projects cannot not allow society spend valuable resources on individuals who can't take a freedom bullet. In another 100 years all red blooded americans will have evolved to be bullet resistant. However we will become incapable of reading, writing and the only form of communication will be via gunfire.

We will not longer have problems with immigration as much like Newark and Kansas all of the US is to be avoided at all costs.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I predict that in 50 years all new born children will be immediately shot upon leaving the womb as a forced eugenics projects cannot not allow society spend valuable resources on individuals who can't take a freedom bullet. In another 100 years all red blooded americans will have evolved to be bullet resistant. However we will become incapable of reading, writing and the only form of communication will be via gunfire.

We will not longer have problems with immigration as much like Newark and Kansas all of the US is to be avoided at all costs.
So will that be covered under the latest version of Repeal-Obama-Care V426784.256-14 ? I assume Republicans will still be at it in 2670.

Or is this the future prescribed method of dealing with pre-existing conditions ?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So will that be covered under the latest version of Repeal-Obama-Care V426784.256-14 ? I assume Republicans will still be at it in 2670.

Or is this the future prescribed method of dealing with pre-existing conditions ?

In the future bullet based economy, those who need medical attention for gunshots are banned by the constitution. Government supplied Pepsi Coal-a gives "mericans a thick bullet resistant adipose layer.

It is also what plants crave

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
And if he'd been stopped by a sane society who isn't batshit crazy over gratuitous gun ownership, he might have been stopped 26 dead people earlier.
How does this work?

I like my hunting guns and have no need or desire to own an assault weapon. But I don't want to tell other people what they can or can't want either, but how does your proposal work? Honestly curious.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
How does this work?

I like my hunting guns and have no need or desire to own an assault weapon. But I don't want to tell other people what they can or can't want either, but how does your proposal work? Honestly curious.
Well, we know how it doesn't work, we know you can go and buy military assault rifles any day of the week and here in AK, you can get them at Wal-mart.

I've heard one or two pro-gun nuts make the argument that there's no difference between their hunting rifles and assault rifles because they both came from muskets, but that's like saying that a Lamborghini and a Chevy Sonic are the same kind of car because they came from the Model T. One's a sports car, intended for certain driving and conditions, and one is an economy car, intended for different driving and conditions. An assault rifle, is intended for killing other humans, and since the musket, it's been refined for that purpose ever since. So you have something that can can carry a lot of rounds, to inflict maximum casualties, it is lightweight, so you can carry more rounds, it doesn't have the barrel length of hunting rifle, so it's maneuverable, can change directions easily, and again, can be carried easily, it has iron sights or optical sights intended for close ranges and quick target engagement, as opposed to the optics on a hunting rifle, it is semi-auto, which decreases the accuracy a bit, but increases the rate of fire dramatically, again, to inflict maximum casualties, and so on. I've even heard an argument that "The AR-15 is the most popular hunting rifle in the country", which is total bullshit, no, it's not. I know a lot of hunters and not one of them uses an AR-15 for hunting, mostly because these guys have some kind of hunting-ethics and when they take a deer, they want to be sure they take it down and it doesn't bound off hurt and they can't recover it. To that extent, they want to use the right round for the job and they want to make sure they hit it in the right spot, which means optics, often letting a lot of shots go because they are not optimal, accuracy is key here and only an idiot would think an AR-15 is the right tool for the job. On the other hand, it is pretty good at killing humans, as we have seen time and time again.

So the question has to be asked, what do you need an assault rifle for? Are you part of a well-regulated militia? At some level, you do have to tell people what they can and can't have, otherwise the only thing that will stop a bad guy after he's fired his RPG is a good guy with an RPG.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
How does this work?

I want ballistic missiles to aim at your next door neighbor because I think he's kind of a dick.

I mean, hey, it's just a want.

It works like england. Where the kind of culture here is stigmatized as it should be, and no one gives a shit about taking your hunting rifles. Because elk tastes awesome.

Essentially no one with a neckbeard can buy multiple semi auto pistols and rifles. Because all the continuous fire in the world is still not going to get him laid.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Well, we know how it doesn't work, we know you can go and buy military assault rifles any day of the week and here in AK, you can get them at Wal-mart.

So the question has to be asked, what do you need an assault rifle for? Are you part of a well-regulated militia? At some level, you do have to tell people what they can and can't have, otherwise the only thing that will stop a bad guy after he's fired his RPG is a good guy with an RPG.
But is this an assault rifle problem? I don't think so. From the perspective of a single victim family's grief, it doesn't matter how many were killed divided by time. Like I said, I personally don't need an assault rifle, but I don't make a habit of telling others what they can have either. But whether they are killed by an assault rifle, knife or Home Depot rental truck, I can't help but believe the problem lies elsewhere. Its not like this guy was a normal member of society until some stuck an assault rifle in his hand.

I am serious about the discussion and just can't believe that hate and mental health are kept at bay without assault rifles being bought at Wal-Mart. In my observations, it seems that America is just getting more and more hateful and is even encouraged by our leaders (on both sides). The matter of the weapon used is only the end of the story, but where does the story begin? I guess my point is, fixing the pollution downstream won't really fix the problem. How do we fix the problem before it gets downstream?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I guess my point is, fixing the pollution downstream won't really fix the problem.

This is the cultural difference in america I keep talking about. That's NRA bullshit whether you know it or not. There are crazy people everywhere, all over the world, and in every civilized country. The difference here is that they have access to things that let them act out on it in a scale unheard of in other places. It's very much the pollution downstream that is the difference. It's pretty much the only difference.

When a cop pulls a gun on someone in australia, it makes national news. In america we're told they're just doing their jobs. And truth be told there's more reason for cops to pull their guns here because someone might also have one. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. It's an escalation here that doesn't exist in other places.

You also tell people what to do all the time whether you know it or not. Speed limits in neighborhoods, reporting anything to the police........ever. What if you saw someone cutting locks on the gate at windrock, robbing the place and roosting motos up trails? For some reason this country has associated firearms with freedom and me thinking bump stocks are fucking absurd is for some reason thought of as 'infringing freedom'. It's advocating safety. Just like there are rules regulating every aviator, ship captain, and truck driver on the planet. For the zillionth time.........this doesn't happen in other places, not at the scale and frequency it does here. The difference is access. Access driven by an insane culture that makes money off this stuff.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
This is the cultural difference in america I keep talking about. ...
I agree. I went to Bulgaria a couple years ago and witnessed first hand that humans can drive cars without a sign every 2 feet telling them to stay in a lane, travel under a certain speed, turn here, don't pass here, etc. I figured if it wouldn't work then there would be bodies in the ditches and wrecks everywhere. I didn't see either.

Is that Libertarian?

As for cutting the locks at Windrock, Neko is handling that now ;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I agree. I went to Bulgaria a couple years ago and witnessed first hand that humans can drive cars without a sign every 2 feet telling them to stay in a lane, travel under a certain speed, turn here, don't pass here, etc. I figured if it wouldn't work then there would be bodies in the ditches and wrecks everywhere. I didn't see either.

Is that Libertarian?

As for cutting the locks at Windrock, Neko is handling that now ;)
Similar in costa rica. But I'm not going to pretend it's a similar or comparable environment.

The 'it's not the guns, it's the mentals' thing is so tired. What makes more sense to address? Something you can see with your own eyes, is manufactured by someone else and therefore needs to undergo an exchange for acquisition, or something invisible that happens alone, in quiet, and is often times completely unknown?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Similar in costa rica. But I'm not going to pretend it's a similar or comparable environment.

The 'it's not the guns, it's the mentals' thing is so tired. What makes more sense to address? Something you can see with your own eyes, is manufactured by someone else and therefore needs to undergo an exchange for acquisition, or something invisible that happens alone, in quiet, and is often times completely unknown?
is it the same reason these people who complain about being poor are dropping stupid amounts of money into turning their trucks into life size hot wheels vehicles?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Alex jones claiming Texas shooting is the ANTIFA war against Christians.

With guys like this, who needs Russian meddling?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
But is this an assault rifle problem? I don't think so. From the perspective of a single victim family's grief, it doesn't matter how many were killed divided by time. Like I said, I personally don't need an assault rifle, but I don't make a habit of telling others what they can have either. But whether they are killed by an assault rifle, knife or Home Depot rental truck, I can't help but believe the problem lies elsewhere. Its not like this guy was a normal member of society until some stuck an assault rifle in his hand.
Oh really? How do you feel about North Korea having nuclear weapons? :clue: