Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
OK

'The FBI released its official crime tally for 2016 today, and the data flies in the face of the rhetoric that professional athletes rehearsed in revived Black Lives Matter protests over the weekend. Nearly 900 additional blacks were killed in 2016 compared with 2015, bringing the black homicide-victim total to 7,881. Those 7,881 “black bodies,” in the parlance of Ta-Nehisi Coates, are 1,305 more than the number of white victims (which in this case includes most Hispanics) for the same period, though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population. The increase in black homicide deaths last year comes on top of a previous 900-victim increase between 2014 and 2015.

Who is killing these black victims? Not whites, and not the police, but other blacks.
In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The Post categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest. Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. '

edited for double post
So what, exactly, is the point you're trying to make here?

notracist2.png

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
So what, exactly, is the point you're trying to make here?
That cops aren’t the ones responsible for shooting the majority of blacks killed by guns, as the racist FBI statistics show.

I sure hope that my two black nieces don’t find out what a bigot I am.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm going shooting with their dad this weekend.
If I make it back alive I'll be sure to have that conversation with them.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
No just every time someone brings up economic woes and violence, be sure to move the conversation immediately to who's really at fault when it comes to the blacks. Even though no one mentioned a damn thing about "the blacks" up to that point. Try to default to the phrase 'your people' if you can. :rofl:

I don't give a fuck who a member of your family is married to, or how you conduct yourself in their presence, you really seem to be completely missing this point of what you just did. That was a level of deflection out into left field that even our cheetoh in cheif would be proud of.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
No just every time someone brings up economic woes and violence, be sure to move the conversation immediately to who's really at fault when it comes to the blacks.
Article westy posted focused on race, specifically white males clinging to their guns due to economic decline, I didn't add it to the conversation.
Gun control always revolves around this group, with their concealed handguns, hero fantasies and safes packed with scary black rifles, as the nexus of americas gun problem.
If any deflection is going on it's constantly pointing fingers and legislation at this group, which isn't the root of most gun violence.

But by all means, let's ignore a problem because it's uncomfortable to talk about and label anyone who brings it up a racist.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah if there's one thing my participation in this thread has proven it's my unwillingness to discuss a problem :rofl:

Let me summarize 'the problem'

Whitey spends all his retirement time making 2nd amendment videos for youtube, virulently attacks anyone who even mentions curbing gun access, sends a bunch of emails with crying eagles and dumb shit around the innernet.

Lots of people get shot, poor, rich, white black whatever.....doesn't matter

Whitey who made sure access to those guns was readily available then deflects (the blacks, the terrorists, the chicagos, the lone wolf etc......certainly not us RESPONSIBLE gun owners), thereby absolving himself, but still fighting tooth and nail to make guns readily available.

It's a story as old as this country and guns. You old enough to remember the discussion of 'Saturday night specials?' What do you think that was really about?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Whitey who made sure access to those guns was readily available then deflects (the blacks, the terrorists, the chicagos, the lone wolf etc......certainly not us RESPONSIBLE gun owners), thereby absolving himself, but still fighting tooth and nail to make guns readily available.
Repeating that bullshit argument doesn't make it true.
Is it getting any truer yet ?

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
On a more serious note; there is just something I don't get about the obsession with guns. A gun has only one purpose, to kill. And it's a marvelously efficient tool for doing so. Do most gun owners really want to kill someone ? And don't say, "I only shoot paper targets", because that's simply practicing to kill. I have never owned a tool that I did not use at least once. For me this just doesn't sound like something I need.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Guns keep you free silly.

Free to worry about your kids finding them, free to think about the same kid sneaking back into the house at 3am after a party and getting shot. Free to worry about if you left a round in the chamber when you clean it. Free to worry about a cop shooting you because he thinks you have one where your ID should be. Their very existence and proximity to you changes your blood to that of a bald eagle and when the wind hits the tip of the barrel just right, you can hear francis scott key humming away.

Shooting and blowing up shit is fun. And the idea that you could kill someone is empowering. That's all it is and that's all it's ever been. That's all that's at the heart of all this 2nd amendment BS. Not one of those fools cares that much about any other amendment or part of the constitution.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
On a more serious note; there is just something I don't get about the obsession with guns. A gun has only one purpose, to kill. And it's a marvelously efficient tool for doing so. Do most gun owners really want to kill someone ? And don't say, "I only shoot paper targets", because that's simply practicing to kill. I have never owned a tool that I did not use at least once. For me this just doesn't sound like something I need.

Fear. People are afraid of a lot of dumb stuff they think will hurt them. They are afraid that someone will steal their stuff. They are afraid that ISIS will invade and implement sharia law. They are afraid that some brown dude is more motivated than they are and will lose their jobs to them. They are afraid that people of a different race will rape their wives and daughters. They are afraid that their dicks are too small. They think gunz will prevent those things. They take selfies with them and feel strong and powerful and for a moment they aren't afraid.

Meanwhile they aren't afraid that they will send their daughters to schools where they will just be raped by good clean white boys.
They aren't afraid of well groomed white people from trying to implement sharia like laws under the guise of Christ.
They aren't afraid of a police system that will take your stuff.
They aren't afraid that they aren't employable because they have no marketable skills and are lazy.
They are still afraid that there dicks are too small, ain't nothing going to fix that.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Gun control always revolves around this group, with their concealed handguns, hero fantasies and safes packed with scary black rifles, as the nexus of americas gun problem.

But by all means, let's ignore a problem because it's uncomfortable to talk about and label anyone who brings it up a racist.
Back in 1967, says Jacob Sullum at Reason, "the NRA supported the Mulford Act, which banned open carrying of loaded firearms in California. The law, a response to the Black Panthers' conspicuous exercise of the right to armed self-defense, also was supported by Gov. Ronald Reagan." As the bill's conservative sponsor, Don Mulford (R), argued in 1989, "openly carrying a gun is an 'act of violence or near violence,'" Sullum noted. "Apparently Reagan and the NRA agreed." The Mulford Act is still on the books in California, America's most populous state.

http://theweek.com/articles/582926/how-ronald-reagan-learned-love-gun-control

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Which are still very readily available at any roadside Nevada gun show outside of vegas or reno on the weekends.

Now what do you think was the difference in the 80s? What laws in what areas were the result? Come on now, this one could not possibly be more up your alley (all euphemisms intended) :D
cheap piece of shit and crime..memory fuzzy...

80's.....ronnie getting shot....brady bill....shuttle exploding....husker du....that's what stands out...

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
No matter what the place, there seems to always be some shifty shit going on behind the curtain.
However, this one does not surprise me. They sold out all credibility when they went from a Sportsman's organization to a manufacturers lobby group.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
He did not offer prayers:rant:
Sorry, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have run out of Prayers, and we are almost out of Thoughts.
Supplies are expected to be very slim for the duration of Her Gropenfuhrer rule.
However post Gropenfuhrer projections indicate that supplies should be back to normal.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Canada.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have run out of Prayers, and we are almost out of Thoughts.
Supplies are expected to be very slim for the duration of Her Gropenfuhrer rule.
However post Gropenfuhrer projections indicate that supplies should be back to normal.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Canada.

God hath forsaken Canada with a shortage of gunz and prayerz.

Also, this was the 11th school shooting of the year. that is roughly one shooting for every day schools are open for business.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/killings-in-kentucky-latest-in-string-of-school-shootings-11-so-far-this-year/