Quantcast

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
best case they get them stripped of their charity designation.
I bet their members will be pissed when they see how their money has been spent.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
His base can and will do whatever the hell they want.

They're a minority. In the meantime the NRA is one of the most fucked up, corrupt piles of dung this country has ever shat out, and is responsible for almost as many deaths as orange foolius.

Suing the NRA isn't creating division. It's reflecting what already exists.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
No argument there. You don’t need to convince anybody of how shitty the NRA is and it would be delightful but surprising if this leads to something substantial. But the gun issue tends to mobilize people and given the low voter turnouts for presidential elections I feel December might have been a more opportune moment.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wayne LaPierre's travel consultant has a pretty good gig:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1291537690635239425.html

From August 2014 to January 2020, the NRA paid LaPierre’s Travel Consultant more than **$13.5 million**
In 2018, the NRA paid LaPierre’s Travel Consultant $2,630,531.71
In the first six months of 2019 alone, the NRA paid LaPierre’s Travel Consultant $1,007,597.80
For that kind of money, I guarantee this "travel consultant" happily provides bell "boys" of the shirtless variety.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
best case they get them stripped of their charity designation.
I bet their members will be pissed when they see how their money has been spent.
The members are already pissed, but are powerless to do anything about it. Doesn't matter how many motions you file to dissolve the board of directors when the people voting on the measure are the board of directors.

Listen to the podcast Gangster Capitalism if you want an in-depth, behind the scenes expose about the self dealing and shady shit that's been going on at the NRA for decades. They are by no means a non-profit, or even dedicated to providing the kind of responsible gun-ownership education that the organization originally stood for. They have morphed into a right-wing lobbyist cabal of self interested blowhards.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The members are already pissed, but are powerless to do anything about it. Doesn't matter how many motions you file to dissolve the board of directors when the people voting on the measure are the board of directors.

Listen to the podcast Gangster Capitalism if you want an in-depth, behind the scenes expose about the self dealing and shady shit that's been going on at the NRA for decades. They are by no means a non-profit, or even dedicated to providing the kind of responsible gun-ownership education that the organization originally stood for. They have morphed into a right-wing lobbyist cabal of self interested blowhards.
Gun-nut friend of mine from college was ranting the other day about how unfair Oliver North was treated.

Without any sense of irony.

:rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So the will of the people today (63%) is superceded by the words of people 200 years ago, who hadn't imagined of types of weapons currently available?!

This type of 'reasonig' is incomprehensible.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
:eek::wtf:

1599326210657.png

1599326226986.png

Well, lets see what happens when you accidently discharge yer pew pew. Shooting yourself in the throat, lungs, stomach and possibly the kidneys & spine (the exit tearout is gonna be impressive) just to own the Libs is some serious commitment.

:rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I was reading a thread on the CT killings on another forum, and a knuckle-dragger in there is insisting that he must own firearms because police occasionally make mistakes on "no-knock" warrants and enter the wrong house. Some comment was made about the killing of dogs, too.

He stated that if the police did that to his house, it might be the last mistake they made, and that he was fully aware he'd die in the process and was okay with that. This is why weapons should be legal and easy to obtain, and he believes we should have access to everything that you can afford: tanks, machine guns, whatever.

Let me re-iterate: he'd rather kill multiple police officers whose boss made a mistake and be shot in return, than surrender and work things out within the legal system.

Gosh, sir, you are a shining beacon for your cause.
Think that guy has called Breonna Taylor's boyfriend a drug addict, and blamed her for hanging out with him yet?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Think that guy has called Breonna Taylor's boyfriend a drug addict, and blamed her for hanging out with him yet?
Were you just randomly re-reading this thread? For shits and giggles?

I suspect that person didn't include those people in his utopian vision of a world where everyone is armed. Or if he does, they're probably just there for manual labor and sex abuse.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Were you just randomly re-reading this thread? For shits and giggles?
It's fun to watch people backtrack evolve their positions.

Patriots: Don't tread on me big government!
Also Patriots: I encourage the government to retroactively declare protests riots and then raid people's homes

Plus I'm making a list of who I can trust when the cannibalism starts.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's fun to watch people backtrack evolve their positions.

Patriots: Don't tread on me big government!
Also Patriots: I encourage the government to retroactively declare protests riots and then raid people's homes

Plus I'm making a list of who I can trust when the cannibalism starts.
Don't trust the well fed

or the hungry

But I wouldn't go as far as hanging out with vegans. (Too stringy)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think an attacker is more likely to shoot you if you start taking your shorts off to defend yourself :D