Quantcast
This could probably go un a couple other threads as well.

Um, Vermont has been this way forever...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
LOL

some of my best decisions in life were made as a senior in high school

Not me I was an A++ grade arsehole at that age antisocial & hostile loner..... I suspect many of my classmates thought I'd become the kiwi unibomber.
Took many years & many fuckups to improve to my current B- grade arsehole level.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and alec baldwin shoots two people on the set of movie...killing one...injuring one...

they are being nice and saying it was a accident...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
attended the same gun safety class as dick cheney evidently...

Uh. He was filming a movie. You ever see one of those. Where they point fake guns at each other and shoot?

Was an old times western, guessing someone probably packed a black powder pistol with a little too much pep.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Uh. He was filming a movie. You ever see one of those. Where they point fake guns at each other and shoot?

Was an old times western, guessing someone probably packed a black powder pistol with a little too much pep.
uh......why yes...

it would have been better if the gun was pointed at his own head.

he is a piece of shit

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
yea, baldwin doesn't strike me as a cold blooded killer, but wtf kind of prop gun has projectiles in it?
I looked into this a while back, there are companies in hollywood that maintain arsenals of real weapons, because it's not practical to manufacture custom one-off blank guns, they also want that muzzle flash and ejecting the rounds to look realistic, so they tend to use real weapons most of the time. All one would have to do is put a round in there. I bet you could find these companies if you did a search, they probably use them as contractors on a film....."shoot".

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

If it was at point blank, maybe...but in general the escaping asses and tiny powder debris would only be enough to maim or injure, generally not kill. I say generally though because holding a heavy rifle that needs a lot of power to cycle up to someone's head and firing a blank might still do it, but this generally decreases exponentially with any distance. They were much more concerned with us in the Army injuring someone if we didn't have the blank protector plug on, not killing.

Complete lack of control, despite $750 billion dollar annual budget:

When I was in the U.S. Army, theft of all sorts of stuff was common. I'm sure that this happens in no military "services" in other countries...