Quantcast

Gun`s and Morons

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
I just got back from a Gun show :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,I went with my Dad and my twin boy`s ,what the Hell is wrong with people ,why do they need weapons of mass destruction (ie: AK-47 ,SKS ,AR-15 :confused: :confused: :confused: ) ,why do these douche bags need these ,I think I have figured it out ,it must be from them having a very small penis :p :p ,or some other problem with or the lack of self esteem (sp?) ,I beleive in having a gun or 2 ,but of some purpose ,like getting food ,self protection :dead: :dead: ,these fricking guns are so stupid and pointless ,now don`t get the idea I`am some sort of a tree hugger ,I really think there is no need for these type of guns ,unless for war ,and I`am not really hot on that ,what I noticed is we can`t take care of our own back yard so let`s tell every one else what to do :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,if we took the time and did some improvements (home improvements) on our house we could and would have a much better country wake up America ,if we don`t change we will soon be a third world country in your life time

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Because they are fun to shoot!

Like, a single speed steel hardtail is practical and all you really need.
Liken that to a 12 gauge.

Most mtbers for some reason think they need 8" of travel and whatnot.
Now folks who like shootin guns for fun like toys too.

BTW: The AR-15 is a great rifle. A lot of competitive target shooting revolves around this gun. If I owned a gun, it would be this. Balanced, accurate, reliable. Not really a "weapon of mass destruction".

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Right on, Sideways...

How many bike riders out there really NEED a Monster or Super Monster? Honestly, I've never seen a rider in real life that NEEDED one. Still, they can be fun to have.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
The AR-15 is not the greatest nor a very accurate rifle ,I own a couple of gun`s I have had my hunting license since 1975 ,so I know a little about gun`s ;) ,the thing is the people who fell the need for such a weapon have no real idea nor the use for it,and when army`s have them in the thousands they are of the mass destruction cause if you have enough of them at once and you can deplore them very fast that is mass baby :eek: :eek: ,and think about this ,you could buy a custom .257 Robertson and shoot twice as far and 4x accurate ;) ;) for about the same if not a lower price :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
The AR-15 is not the greatest nor a very accurate rifle ,I own a couple of gun`s I have had my hunting license since 1975 ,so I know a little about gun`s ;) ,the thing is the people who feel the need for such a weapon have no real idea nor the use for it,and when army`s have them in the thousands they are of the mass destruction cause if you have enough of them at once and you can deplore them very fast that is mass baby :eek: :eek: ,and think about this ,you could buy a custom .257 Robertson and shoot twice as far and 4x accurate ;) ;) for about the same if not a lower price :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by shocktower
The AR-15 is not the greatest nor a very accurate rifle ,I own a couple of gun`s I have had my hunting license since 1975 ,so I know a little about gun`s ;) ,the thing is the people who feel the need for such a weapon have no real idea nor the use for it,and when army`s have them in the thousands they are of the mass destruction cause if you have enough of them at once and you can deplore them very fast that is mass baby :eek: :eek: ,and think about this ,you could buy a custom .257 Robertson and shoot twice as far and 4x accurate ;) ;) for about the same if not a lower price :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok.......thats the worst definition of weapon of mass destruction ever.

Tell me...how is an AR-15 or SKS any more dangerous than a 30.06?
Actually its not. Not at all.
Neither of them is as high powered or accurate, as this simple hunting rifle.
Get over the looks of the guns man. Learn what you're talking about.

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
The AR-15 is not the greatest nor a very accurate rifle ,I own a couple of gun`s I have had my hunting license since 1975 ,so I know a little about gun`s ;) ,the thing is the people who fell the need for such a weapon have no real idea nor the use for it,and when army`s have them in the thousands they are of the mass destruction cause if you have enough of them at once and you can deplore them very fast that is mass baby :eek: :eek: ,and think about this ,you could buy a custom .257 Robertson and shoot twice as far and 4x accurate ;) ;) for about the same if not a lower price :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You obviously have no clue about ar-15's. They are used to win at national level matches at camp perry almost every year.

as far as this attempt at defining mass destruction, i shouldnt even grace it with a response, but would you say that 10,000 people armed with butter knives capable of killing a human would qualify the butter knives as weapons of mass destruction? Get a clue.

cars kills 1000x more people than guns. are you going to ban hummers since they have more mass and thus are more capable of crushing another car? certainly the fleet of suv's driving aroung are weapons of mass destruction. Not to mention all that rat poison, or cigars, or beer.

You embody the typical anti gun freak. You take a few guns that internally are NO DIFFERENT than 99% of guns, look at their appearance, classify them as "military looking" and then scream your head off that they are somehow more dangerous than others. You gonna ban .45's too? lots of armies use them, so they must be terrible horrible destructive forces. Armies pick weapons for their simplicity of design, servicability in the field, and overall general function. If they went on sheer killing ability and nothing else, theyd all be lugging around some different kind of rifles, not nato-round simplistic sevice rifles. You may know something about guns in general (ie pull the trigger and they go bang), but you seem to know very little about what you are suggesting.

Quit blowing your horn into the wind. If you dont want to own an ar-15, dont buy one, but dont think you are important or informed enough to claim that others have no right to do so based on a 3rd grade summation of their destructive power.

*anti-rant off*

Pistol

Chimp
Jul 8, 2002
SD
why do these douche bags need these ,I think I have figured it out ,it must be from them having a very small penis :p :p ,or some other problem with or the lack of self esteem (sp?)
If a girl is feeling down and gets a new hairstyle, why can't a guy buy himself a gun if he's feeling blue?

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO
It's good to finally see some open minded monkeys.

Mrs Dove and I are both NRA members, we both have concealed weapons licenses, and we are both college educated. We've both undergone extensive firearm training and practice in order to get a concealed weapons license.

While my view is not shared by the NRA or many other gun owners, I think every gun owner should be educated on how to use a gun safely. I would venture to say that all accidental disharges/shootings are caused by people who are not properly educated about guns.

A kid with no exposure to guns and no experience with them is much more likely to play with one as if it were a toy. If you expose your child (or even adults) to firearms, they will understand that they are not toys and they will respect the power of a firearm and the responsability that you hold every time you pick up a firearm.

It's quite possible that firearm education could reduce some intentional shootings as well. One of the main things that they teach you when you're getting a concealed weapons license is when its okay to use your gun and when its not. They also teach you to use it as a last resort and to always look for another way out of a dangerous situation. It's not just how to be a good shot, although marksmanship was part of the test that we had to take at the end of the class.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
All things in moderation… I guess. Cops just had a shootout right in front of my office with a 20 year old kid shooting up the streets with an SKS. Still scratching my head why his dad kept such a weapon in the house with that crack-pot kid around.

Was at the gun shop Saturday, waiting to get some information on installing a true-glo site on my shotgun. Some goober had his 4 year old boy crawling on the counter fondling a 12 gage semi. Kid just about shat himself when the bolt slammed forward with his fingers on it. Don’t know who I wanted to bitch slap more, the parent or the dolt behind the counter.

My attitude is most of my neighbors are too stupid to own firearms. There would be exceptions for bright boys like myself and my buddies. Admittedly shamefully elitist. But what the hell.
:p

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Wahahaha.. with guns like these does my penis size really matter??? hahahahahaha... yer funny. :D

Guns make me happy. :D

I'm not a plum smuggling serial midget for nothing...
Name change: Serial Militia

;)

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Mr dove,

I'm just curious.... what brought about the need for a concealed weapons license? Are you in a dangerous area, or is it for times when you will be in a dangerous situation? Have you been in one before, but didn't have a gun, and wish you had? What happened? (serious, not mocking or anything). Have you had a gun pulled on you? What would happen if you did, and then you brought out your gun?

cwbastian

Chimp
Jun 25, 2002
NorCal
<i>RE: Ok.......thats the worst definition of weapon of mass destruction ever.

Tell me...how is an AR-15 or SKS any more dangerous than a 30.06?
Actually its not. Not at all.
Neither of them is as high powered or accurate, as this simple hunting rifle.
Get over the looks of the guns man. Learn what you're talking about.</i><p>
Couldn't have said it better myself. <p>

The problem with liberals is they make all their decisons based on emotion, with little precious room left open for logic. In the wrong hands, ANY gun is a "weapon of destruction" (though never "mass destruction"), regardless of how scary it looks or what color it is. The problem is we're way too inclined as a society to put up with having the "wrong hands" living next door.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Uhm seems pretty clear why an SKS or AR-15 is much more dangerous than a 30-06. The weapons are more manageable in tight quarters, rapid rate of fire, light recoil, faster targeting, etc.. Taking cwbastian’s logic to the next level, the military would be well served if M-16’s were replaced .50 caliber flint lock muzzle-loaders or even box-cutters as September 11 proved how deadly hand tools can be.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I'll take a Mossberg with the shortest barrel the ATF allows modified to hold a banana clip full 00 buchshot for close quarters.

I watched a show on Discovery where the cops were practicing bounce shots to hit guys hiding behind cars...

The traditional rifled barrel weapons are effective at close range, but hardly ideal.

My Marine buddy prefers a .45 semi-automatic for room to room fighting.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by ummbikes

My Marine buddy prefers a .45 semi-automatic for room to room fighting.
mmm, good choice but i'm gonna have to go with a MP-5 for close quarters. for long distance i'm a "one shot, one kill" type of ex-marine but for close quarters i'd rather spray and pray:D

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
so all u miltary dues:

is gun safety training in the military safer than a firearms course?

or would you have thesame amout of safety know how as a preson who took a course. and have way more accuracy and speed?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Spud
Uhm seems pretty clear why an SKS or AR-15 is much more dangerous than a 30-06. The weapons are more manageable in tight quarters, rapid rate of fire, light recoil, faster targeting, etc.. Taking cwbastian’s logic to the next level, the military would be well served if M-16’s were replaced .50 caliber flint lock muzzle-loaders or even box-cutters as September 11 proved how deadly hand tools can be.

Spud....

Does a .50 cal flintlock stay accurate at 500 yards? No.
Do US forces overthrow airplanes and crash into buildings? No.
That's a stupid analogy.

I think that in certain situations, a 30-06 is incredibly more "deadly" than an AR-15. In fact, the AR-15 and M-16 arent even designed to kill, but rather to wound, so as to slow down the enemy force. They arent nearly as high powered, accurate through brush or accurate at distances over 500 yards.

The military does in fact use high powered rifles for sniping, which are perfectly legal for anyone to buy. Is a sniper not deadly? Is a sniper more deadly with a bolt-action high powered single shot rifle than an AR-15? yes.

get a clue.
guns are guns. the only thing wrong is the people who misuse them.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Uhm Burly, that analogy is indeed stupid. That was exactly my point. The argument that a 30.06 is as dangerous as an AR-15 is crap. I own and shoot guns, I have a clue. Thanks ;). The feds didn't put restrictions on polymer stock black guns that look cool. I'm not arguing for or against assault rifles, just the fact that they are indeed different from bolt action rifles.

Some arguements just go circular. You see the guys with the bumper stickers proclaiming the Second Amendment Ain't About Duck Hunting and then argue that an SKS is simply used for hunting.

Hell I'm a hyprocit on this issue too, but I can readily admit it.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Uhm Burly, that analogy is indeed stupid. That was exactly my point. The argument that a 30.06 is as dangerous as an AR-15 is crap. I own and shoot guns, I have a clue. Thanks ;). The feds didn't put restrictions on polymer stock black guns that look cool. I'm not arguing for or against assault rifles, just the fact that they are indeed different from bolt action rifles.

Some arguements just go circular. You see the guys with the bumper stickers proclaiming the Second Amendment Ain't About Duck Hunting and then argue that an SKS is simply used for hunting.

Hell I'm a hyprocit on this issue too, but I can readily admit it.
errr....

my bust then. Guess i read you wrong.

i need a clue.:)

cwbastian

Chimp
Jun 25, 2002
NorCal

Spud:

You're missing my point. Of course there are functional differences in gun designs. They're tools built for specific tasks. My point is, people who know nothing about the subject & who have great respect for the Bill of Rights providing the Second Amendment is left off, freak out over certain guns because they look scary. An AK47 is harmless to the citizenry in the hands (or gun safe) of an honest, law abiding RM. A single-shot .22 is way more dangerous in the hands of a dirtbag intent on hurting someone with it. It’s never about the gun.

The fact that we allow so many low-life criminals to walk around with us who can and will eventually hurt or kill one of us (the good guys) with a gun should never prevent us from owning whatever we feel is necessary to protect Us and Ours from Them. If that takes the form of a .45, a Mossberg pump or a Mini 14 with a 30 round mag, so be it.

We're Americans. We've got the right to cover our own asses.

Rant Off.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by Dirt rider
so all u miltary dues:

is gun safety training in the military safer than a firearms course?

or would you have thesame amout of safety know how as a preson who took a course. and have way more accuracy and speed?
good question. i'd have to say, yes. military weapons training is -usually- done in an idiot proof environment and requires many hours of classroom safety instruction before we're even allowed to chamber a round. however, the only reason we're trained in weapons use is to defend/kill whereas someone taking a handgun safety course is essentially learning about the weapon and how to shoot, not neccesarily just for taking life. so it's hard to give a difinitive answer but i'd bet that the accidental death from a firearm ration is higher in the civilian sector (given equal demographics)

most safety knowhow is common sense. but as i always say. "common sense isn't."

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I just got back from a Gun show :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,I went with my Dad and my twin boy`s ,what the Hell is wrong with people ,why do they need weapons of mass destruction (ie: AK-47 ,SKS ,AR-15 :confused: :confused: :confused: ) ,why do these douche bags need these ,I think I have figured it out ,it must be from them having a very small penis :p :p ,or some other problem with or the lack of self esteem (sp?) ,I beleive in having a gun or 2 ,but of some purpose ,like getting food ,self protection :dead: :dead: ,these fricking guns are so stupid and pointless ,now don`t get the idea I`am some sort of a tree hugger ,I really think there is no need for these type of guns ,unless for war ,and I`am not really hot on that ,what I noticed is we can`t take care of our own back yard so let`s tell every one else what to do :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,if we took the time and did some improvements (home improvements) on our house we could and would have a much better country wake up America ,if we don`t change we will soon be a third world country in your life time
...comprehensible? Off all the ones I've read, this one is still the most awe-inducing. I guess all the well-hung guys must defend their wives and children with brandished handfulls of daisies. :rolleyes:
I have lots of guns of all types and caliber and don't suffer in the shorts, either. And for irony's sake, please don't call guns stupid.
"...there is no need for these type of guns ,unless for war..."
No $hit! Guess what? Wars can and do happen, both here and abroad. Chance favors the prepared, my friend. Weapons of mass destruction, BTW, are nukes, chemical and biological weapons, etc. NOT firearms. Neither are these(AK-47, AR-15, Mini-14, Tec-9, etc.) "assault weapons", which by definition need possess at least 3-rd burst capability if not full select-fire. Slipping on a flash hider and plastic stock do not an assault rifle make.
"...wake up America ,if we don`t change we will soon be a third world country in your life time..."
How are we becoming an undeveloped country in our lifetimes? Nuclear armageddon??? I don't even know where to go on that statement. Maybe I need a nap or something.:confused:

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
This brings up a great discussion question: What is an assault weapon?

I have a Ruger 10-22, with a plastic stock, and a old school 30 round clip. It looks scary, but it's a pull-fire, not a pull-fire-fire-fire.

This particular weapon is fun to shoot as far not having to stop every ten rounds to reload, but an assualt rifle she ain't!

Now, I would agree that a full automatic rifle is an assault weapon, and the government would too, that's why they are already illegal.

Now, you military folk help me out here, with a fully auto weapon does accuracy decrease as more rounds are fired and the barrel heats up?

I would guess yes.

Now if by assault rifle, one means a rifle used in the course of an assault of a person then thats all rifles used criminally...

At any rate I have never had any weapon other than my fists aimed at a human. I pray I never have to shoot someone as I have seen the devestating effect of a bullit impacting flesh at a high rate of velocity. These guns are deadly serious tools, and when used should be respected.

I'm getting off track, so I'll stop.

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Jesus, George Bush and the NRA all want you to own as many guns as you think you might need. Sometimes you just get bored blasting the same old AK47 again and again. :monkey:

so how do you shoot a gun thats taller than yourself?;)

Aug 13, 2002
sandy beaches of O.C.
lets see, .223, a cal. of mass distruction, now thats funny dude, I think that you watch to much Rambo and old A Team reruns.

Item number 2. and SKS is also a bad weapon of mass distruction, thats even more funny!!

Let me add one to this list, a 10/22 is a weapon of mass distruction.:stupid: :stupid:

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by patconnole
Mr dove,

I'm just curious.... what brought about the need for a concealed weapons license? Are you in a dangerous area, or is it for times when you will be in a dangerous situation? Have you been in one before, but didn't have a gun, and wish you had? What happened? (serious, not mocking or anything). Have you had a gun pulled on you? What would happen if you did, and then you brought out your gun?
I can't speak for Mr Dove, but since you had some questions about concealed carry, I thought I would give you my perspective.

As for getting a gun pulled on me, I have had it happen twice (since being out of the Army), and it saved my life both times, without anyone getting hurt. But I can see what your getting at, a gun can escelate a situation sometimes, but I don't want to be sitting in a restaurant and some whaco comes in with a machine gun and starts blowing people away. I want to be able to defend myself.

And in case you bring up the cop argument, you know, they are here to protect us...

That sounds nice, but in reality, they are they're to take a report. If someone breaks into my house, I handle the situation, then call. I am sure they would like to help, but these situations take a matter of seconds for the sh$# to hit the fan, not minutes. I need to be able to protect myself.

I used to only carry when I was going to a "questionable" part of town, but one day I started thinking more on the subject. We can never tell when or where somthing might happen. It could easily happen in the "nicer" part, so it makes sense to carry all the time. I am not a paranoid person, I am not a "gun-nut" (I only have 1), but I like to always be prepared. For instance, in my car I have flares, tire-sealing thingy, tools, flashlight, emergency blanket and a cell phone. It's kinda like going for a ride without a multi-tool and spare tube. I like to be prepared.

Hope this give you some insight.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Thanks Jesus. Interesting. What was the exchange like after the attackers were made aware you had a gun? Was there a stand-off of some type?

On another gun note.....

I haven't researched this at all, so don't jump on me if I'm wrong..... I was telling my dad about the assault rifle discussion here..... anyway, he said there's a big difference between a 22 with a small charge (cartridge? gunpowder?) behind it, and a big one. So, when people say "It's only a 22", they kind of ignore the possible "punch" behind it........

However..... getting shot with either would be lame and could easily kill, so maybe there isn't a big difference, except for distance and accuracy?

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by patconnole
Thanks Jesus. Interesting. What was the exchange like after the attackers were made aware you had a gun? Was there a stand-off of some type?

The first time was in '95. At the time I lived in an apartment on the first floor, so it was easier to let the dog out. Well one day I was letting Killer out to go "poddy" (he is a Jack Russell, hence the funny name), and at this time he was only 3 months old, and about 6 lbs. Well anyway, I opened my back screen door, set the grocery's down and let Killer out. As I am turning around Killer starts barking at something in the yard. I notice that a young black male, age 25 aprox. has stopped and starts trying to kick Killer. Before I can say anything he starts yelling that I am a racist and that I sent my 6 lb dog to kill him, and before I can say a word, he pulls a 32 cal pistol out of a gym bag, points it at me, and says he gonna kill a racist. Luckily for me he looks down to kick at Killer again. By the time he looked up I had my 45 cal pointing at him. I called Killer to get in the house. At this point things got real quiet as we are both pointing guns at eachother. So I say something like this, "Sir I believe you should drop your gun now. It's quite simple to see what is going to happen. You may get lucky and actually shoot me first, which will just piss me off. Or I can put a hole in you big enough to drive a VW Bug through. I recommend you drop your pistol now, cause I don't miss."

Luckily he dropped his pistol and ran. But the next time wasn't so smooth.

Same year, same town. But I was in a bad part of town minding my own business, in a small neighborhood. As I come to a stop sign a car behind me passes me up and turns directly in front of me about 20 feet away from my truck. Unfortunatly, this crap truck I had couldn't go in reverse, so my option to back out wasn't going to happen. BTW it was on older model Caddy with black tinted windows.

About this time all four doors start to open. As this was happeneing, I opened the truck door and was positioning myself so the door could provide some cover. Well I notice that the 2 black gentlemen that get out on the side closest to me both have pistols in they're hand. So without furthur adoo, I do a double-tap (2 shots) in the front fender well of the Caddy, then scream "Get the fu@% out of here now or i'll shoot you next!". Luckily again, they all get back in the car and take off.

I was a bodyguard in the Army, and did it for a few years when I got out, so I have been in a lot of "hot" situations before. Most of the time I can evade the "bad guy", or use my hands to get the job done (my favorite). But sometimes a gun is warranted.